Temporal's novel-Where the Angel Sings

Poll: What do you think of the story?

Amazing! I love it!
70.59%
It's pretty good, I guess.
29.41%
Total: 100% 17 vote(s)
Ah, there is something I need to clear up right now. It's come to my attention that the novel seems a bit like it's going to be based around fighting and stuff based on Chapters two and three. This is not the case. It will happen maybe three times, possibly four. I can assure you that it will not take over the novel. It's more about Iin surviving school life in the situation he's been thrust into. (Or, the one that slipped out of his mouth, if you wish to be technical.) It will stay this way. I have no intention of the novel seeming like I threw in a bunch of unorganized fighting, and didn't develop characters. Keep this in mind.

Anyway, I'm about done with Chapter 4. It's pretty long, though, so it'll be broken into chapters 4 and 4.5.
I'm so sorry, but it's gonna be a while before an update. My father accidentally deleted all of my work from yesterday, so I have seven pages to re-do.
Ouch, that'll set you back. Anyways, this is a very good story, one of your better ones! My only complaint would be for you to create a new line every time someone else begins a dialogue.

Otherwise, great so far!
I'm trying to do just that with Chapter Four, which will be more about Iin's exploits on Tuesday, when he has no classes. Of course, he'll complain about his situation some more, and MAYBE another character appearance. Depends on if I feel like re-doing that part. All I can say is that it is a character that's been mentioned before.
hey temporal, i was planning on making a writing competition, can you help? I know spartas doing one but this one won't be related, please i really want you to help, friend, also i enjoyed reading chapter 3 especially!
Sure, why not. Send me the details through PM. Ah! There will be some intentional manga/anime references, but they're there for a reason. You'll see in Chapter 4.
ok i believe you, also the competition hasn't started, just wanted to know you'd do it
(Aug. 08, 2011  8:31 PM)Nwolf Wrote: ok i believe you, also the competition hasn't started, just wanted to know you'd do it

You're making a writing competition? Haha, wish I had a copywrite on the idea. Regardless, if you're going to have one, I'd like to join!

Any set date you're going to release the next chapter, Temporal?
hey Sparta thats great! we were just discussing that we need another judge, would you like to be the other judge? i mean you have experience, also sorry i guess i was a bit too late to post my idea of a competition and i got beatent to it! lol
Ah, it'll probably be today, I'm actually making up ground pretty fast.
i bet you are temproal, you're on a roll with posting story related stuff!
The idea is somewhat original, but it has been done before. Ah! My Goddess! has a similar plot, which I realized after I was done with Chapter 2. So, I'll try to avoid too many similarities.
don't worry, my story bears resemblance to shaman king, but it's still ok
(Aug. 08, 2011  8:51 PM)Nwolf Wrote: hey Sparta thats great! we were just discussing that we need another judge, would you like to be the other judge? i mean you have experience, also sorry i guess i was a bit too late to post my idea of a competition and i got beatent to it! lol
Um, probably not, I'd like to participate, but I think it'd be weird if I worked for two different tourneys. Sorry.

Temporal? LOL answer the question! Tongue_out_wink

EDIT: I really need to get reading glasses, didn't see your post...sorry.
A quick teaser for Chapter 4. No big reveal here, just a normal day at the Composer's Society.
Ah, but did you notice something different? I'm actually adding lines between dialogue.
Seems a bit like Bakuman。"I want you to team up with me to create manga!" "Interesting." "Right?" " 'But I refuse.' " Can't wait to see how this turns out. Iin drops a final draft down a storm drain? XD I kid. But really, this cannot end well.
Hah, the sad thing is, as said, the main reason he doesn't want to is:

Quote:Something that I want nothing to do with, given her…eccentric tastes.
He has no idea what she is thinking.
Okay, both parts of Chapter four are done. Frankly, the complaints from Iin will be present in future chapters, but this is the last chapter where the complaints are so evident.
A girl in charge, a guy who complains about everything...haha, sorry, but TMoHS comes to mind. Otherwise, great update!
That was the point, seeing as they ARE writing a parody manga themselves, why not parody manga and anime in the book? It's not like it's an action book or anything.
good idea temporal, i like it! so have you decided wether you're going to try get this published or what?
You enjoy this, don't you, Temporal? Swat with a newspaper (Full Metal Panic!), bossy girl, whiny guy (TMoHS), Coronets (quite obviously Lucky☆Star), and anything else I missed.

Also, I stand by what I wrote in the Where Are You in Life thread, that you should compile your works into a large book. It'll probably sell better, as I said, and you could charge more for it.

All-in-all, I liked the most recent chapters.