Takara-Tomy WBBA Weight Limit: 47g (WBBA Rules Update)

(Apr. 30, 2009  12:31 AM)Minion Wrote: Then again, I have no idea how common libra is either :\

I'd say fairly common.
It came out as a booster.
two re-colours of it in RBV2
and in the Defense & Stamina reshuffle. (Which was packaged with other useful parts + a launcher grip, making it a staple purchase)

Not that hard to get a hold of, and extremely useful.
(Apr. 29, 2009  11:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: just a question

have any of you actually watched storm peg vs libra?

I found this on KidDragoon's account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPeAcgQLyZk
(Apr. 29, 2009  11:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: just a question

have any of you actually watched storm peg vs libra?
Owning both of them, yeah, quite a few times, and Storm Pegasis wins 9/10 battles.
The only times it's lost are if it's been extremely unlucky when hitting Libra, and Libra's been lucky enough to stay in by hitting walls long enough for Storm Pegasis to stop spinning, or if I've messed up a bank or sliding shoot.
Haven't however seen how Libra performs with a metal face.
My only concern is that RF will dominate completely with the limit. Then again some bladers who only have 1 RF could get screwed over if they can't get another since it can wear down. But generally, I'm in favor of the limit.
Oh, this isn't fun.
So now at tourneys they'll weigh our blades?
Good thing I use things like Libra Aquario Escolpio and Gemios with low parts so it won't pass the weight, and opefully still be intimitating.
I think that instead of blading Takara or WBBA we should just accept it.
I mean an easy alterantive is no metal face, and smaller/thiner tracks and bottoms.
Or just buy a scale and expiriment.
Why are so many people in favor of this? It seems horribly unfair to me. =/ Am I missing something?

If you buy the part (and if they release the part) you should be able to use it. It's not like your modding it or anything. Restrictions should be only in the restricted format. We didn't ban bearing core from being used with survival/circular ARs and we didn't ban Samurai Upper from being used with GFC (or GFCUM). I don't see what has changed that would make this okay.

And if we approve this rule, instead all we will see are RF combos dominating. The game won't be any less broken. (Of course, we haven't seen MF with Libra's wheel yet, but I'm sure it won't make as big a difference as you think it will. Yes, it will make Libra better. But 4.5 grams more shouldn't make it unbeatable).
How's it unfair? There was a weight limit for plastics and HMS before.
(Apr. 30, 2009  2:40 AM)G Wrote: How's it unfair? There was a weight limit for plastics and HMS before.

Yes, but was it ever actually possible to legally pass those limits?
We aren't able to use the Metal Face to it's fullest, same with Libra. If they make it, we should be able to use it....... We didn't have a weight limit for plastics and HMS before (as far as I know). EDIT: Well, apparently they were much higher, too.
(Apr. 30, 2009  2:53 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: We aren't able to use the Metal Face to it's fullest, same with Libra. If they make it, we should be able to use it....... We didn't have a weight limit for plastics and HMS before (as far as I know).

While I see where you're coming from, I don't think Takara-Tomy should be forbidden from realizing that they've broken the game in a serious way and doing what they can to correct it.
(Apr. 30, 2009  2:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, but was it ever actually possible to legally pass those limits?

For plastics you could, but yeah, I get that it'd be on a different level compared to the issue with Libra.
yeah since rf is such a good way to stop libra now this weight limit rule is really confusing me like i just wouldnt know what the right thing to do is. I mean if libra is getting defeated rather easy then why limit something thats already got a huge weakness? i want to know what kinds of effects the metal face will have on storm pegasus and the other mfbs.
It seems the consensus for us is that we will wait a while before deciding whether or not to implement this rule, but we're leaning towards no. We'll do some tests this summer to see how it affects the game, but no change will be made until after BeyDay, for sure.
i think thats a great idea, so that everyone can test out stuff during beyday because i mean there will be heaps of chance for everyone to test out theories lol it was a great idea leaving it for now brad.
Haha, despite however it surfaced it's nostalgic to see this thread again. (Also feels relevant to other discussions going on site-wide.)