[Takara Tomy]  The Dragoon LAD Testing Marathon!

With Deadly_162’s ban list proposal (found here) taking out a lot of the currently oppressive LAD options to be used on Dragoon, I decided to test out as many options as I could think that were excluded from that list to see what the other stuff can do. I split the drivers into categories, which are: Top Tier LAD Drivers, Mid Tier LAD Drivers, Mixed LAD Drivers, Tall Bois, Wildcards. Wildcard drivers are drivers that I had weird ideas on and wanted to test, because I am a mad scientist and have no clue where the ideas come from.

I tested 10 rounds per driver, with 5 on Yell and 5 on Polish, to generally see what worked best for each driver. After I finish this post, I will do additional 10 round tests on the best performing setups to see what their win rate was.

Testing Setup
-Both launched with DB Launcher, Power Gear and Long String
-Acid Anubis launched first every round, both beys light launched purely for LAD
-Burst Finishes and KOs are skipped, only counting OS or Draw
-5 rounds with Yell, 5 rounds with Polish
-Video footage will be posted over time as it will take ages to edit. The titles of each section will be a link to the video if it is available.

Test Opponent: Acid Anubis Gravity Orbit
I chose this as I felt it was the best benchmark to see how well the driver can perform, as if it cannot reliably deal with Orbit, then it is not going to do that well in Burst Classic.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top Tier LAD Drivers

Yell Bearing' WR: 0% WR (5 losses)
Bearing’ did not perform AT ALL. It would simply fall over and run out of stamina, with no chance to beat Orbit at all. Worst performance out of all setups in this testing.

Polish Bearing' WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 losses)
Polish helped Bearing’ with LAD by a country mile, allowing for the Beyblade to rest on Polish’s disc and the free spinning dish allowed it to win 3 times out of the 5 rounds. However, during the 2 losses that it got, they were quite conclusive losses, so I would not really rely on it.

Yell Xtend+ WR: 60% (3 outspins, 1 loss, 1 draw)
Xtend+ proves its status as a top tier LAD driver even in Burst Classic, with quite a good winrate against Orbit. While it did lose a couple of times, the wins it got were very convincing, which was quite interesting.

Polish Xtend+ WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Polish helped Xtend+ to scrape those previous draws into wins, with better ending LAD. While it did lose once, I felt that this was the best of the two setups for Xtend+ and was a very convincing setup. 100% testing this more to see how it performs.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mid Tier LAD Drivers

Yell Rise WR: 40% (2 outspins, 3 losses)
This was an okay matchup, but honestly nothing very consistent nor reliable. Not much else to say, it was alright at best.

Polish Rise WR: 40% (2 outspins, 2 losses, 1 draw)
While it did manage to get one extra draw instead of a loss, it was equally as meh to me and struggled to consistently convince me.

Yell Octa WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
This really surprised me with how well it managed to win in comparison to Polish. The extra Stamina given by Yell allows for Octa to get the extra LAD as well as better balance overall. Definitely testing this one more.

Polish Octa WR: 20% (1 outspin, 3 losses, 1 draw)
Polish’s lighter weight and more centered weight distribution seems to hinder Octa HEAVILY in this matchup. It was nowhere near as good as it was with Yell and I would not consider this at all.

Yell Zeal (Worn) WR: 20% (1 outspin, 4 losses)
I had a feeling that Zeal would struggle as it does well on heavier beys with more OWD. This really proved my point, with the low weight allowing it to tip off of the free spinning guard, running out of Stamina. As a note, I used a worn Zeal driver as the flatter tip on a worn Zeal helps with LAD stability for opposite spin.

Polish Zeal (Worn) WR: 20% (1 outspin, 2 losses, 2 draws)
Polish only managed to slightly help Zeal with getting draws, but did not help with winning at all. Major disappointment, definitely going to be used on later generations instead.

Mixed LAD Drivers

Yell Xceed'+Z WR: 100% (5 outspins)
Wow. th!nk once mentioned that the Z Chip on Xceed’ could still be an issue and should be looked into. I do not blame him now, after trying this, it was absolutely insane, with a perfect win rate, this is the first one on the watchlist for sure. 

Polish Xceed'+Z WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Interestingly, while it was still very strong, the lack of extra Stamina from Polish hindered Xceed’+Z a bit more as it did not need to rely on the dish on the disc in order to maintain LAD. While it is still a strong option, Yell is definitely much better in this regard.

Yell Destroy' WR: 20% (1 outspin, 2 losses, 2 draws)
Destroy’ has generally been a pretty good choice for mixed attack use as it has very solid LAD and stalling capabilities. However, the light weight of the Dragoon layer and the higher weight distribution of Yell really hindered it here. It wasn’t able to lean on the dish of Destroy’ properly, causing it to topple over and stop spinning.

Polish Destroy' WR: 60% (3 outspins, 1 loss, 1 draw)
Once Polish is brought in to the picture though, Destroy’ has an extra dish to lean on, allowing it to have more free spinning LAD and dramatically improving its winrate. This is the same phenomenon as with Bearing’ and will require more testing later down the line to properly stack it up to the rest.

Yell Xplosion (Worn) WR: 40% (2 outspins, 1 loss, 2 draws)
Next up is essentially Destroy’s younger and more aggressive brother, Xplosion. Xplosion is a new driver and has very limited testing, but has already found use in anti-attack LAD setups in the Burst GT and Burst Standard formats. I figured it would perform better than Destroy’ due to the wider base, which was proven correct, with only one loss. As a note, I used a worn Xplosion driver as it is more rounded, causing it to be easier to control and giving it slightly better LAD in my experience.

Polish Xplosion (Worn) WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Again, just like Bearing’ and Destroy’, Polish helps to bolster Xplosion’s LAD and boosts it to a mighty 0% loss rate, with only 1 loss out of the 5 rounds. Very strong results here, very impressed and will go to further testing with it.

Tall Boi Drivers

Yell Bearing Mobius WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
This was pretty interesting, as Bearing Mobius will tilt downwards when low on Stamina, but this allowed for Dragoon to grind the Yell disc on top of the opponent and cause them to lose the LAD battle quite easily. Very convincing results and will be carried on for further testing.

Polish Bearing Mobius WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 losses)
Polish on the other hand, hindered this setup quite a bit. The lower hanging disc as well as lower overall Stamina of Polish meant that Bearing Mobius was unable to use the height advantage as well as it could have, due to it tilting a lot.

Yell Mobius WR: 40% (2 outspins, 3 losses)
Unlike its Bearing counterpart, Mobius struggled to use Yell in the same way as it did not tilt on LAD and was unable to equalise effectively without proper contact.

Polish Mobius WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Also unlike its Bearing counterpart, Mobius flourished with Polish, using the disc to grind down on the opponent and winning quite convincingly overall. Another one for further tests, for sure.

Yell Wave' WR: 0% (4 losses, 1 draw)
Wave’ could not use Yell at all, barely managing to scrape a single draw out of the 5 test battles. It was too tall to use it for better LAD but was too short to use a proper height advantage, which is where I think High Wave’ will do better.

Polish Wave' WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
On the other hand, Wave’ could utilise the extra dish on Polish to get much stronger LAD, with no losses out of the 5 test battles. Very interesting on how much of a difference it can make and I want to see how consistent this is in further tests.

Yell High Wave' WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
As I said in the Wave’ tests, High Wave’ was easily able to use its height as an advantage, with only a single loss from toppling over. Further testing is needed to see how consistent this is, but in this 5 round test, it was very good.

Polish High Wave' WR: 20% (1 outspin, 1 loss, 3 draws)
Acting as the opposite of its shorter sibling, High Wave’ suffered from the lack of stability and Stamina that Polish has, quaking quite a bit and only barely scraping by with draws.

Yell High Xtend+' WR: 40% (2 outspins, 2 losses, 1 draw)
Unlike High Wave’, which has its own dish to rely on, High Xtend+’ tends to lean over on the disc more in LAD. This leads it to struggle a bit more on Yell, due to the height letting it topple over too far.

Polish High Xtend+' WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 draw)
As expected, Polish really helped High Xtend+’ a lot, letting it rest on the dish to give it much better LAD, ending up with only 1 draw and no losses. Very interesting and requires more testing to see how consistent it can be.

Wildcard Drivers

Yell Kick WR: 60% (3 outspins, 1 loss, 1 draw)
Now, I know what you might be thinking… “Jess, what are you on?? Kick for LAD?”, but hear me out. The lighter weight of Burst Classic beys as well as the taller height allow the bey to rest on the plate at the base of Kick. This gave it a surprisingly good amount of LAD when combined with the Stamina of Yell. This goes on the testing list as well.

Polish Kick WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 losses)
As expected though, without the raw Stamina of Yell, Kick did struggle a bit more, though it really managed to do pretty well regardless. Quite satisfied with the results of this one.

Yell Universe WR: 20% (1 outspin, 3 losses, 1 draw)
I figured that Metal Universe would work well but my copy hadn’t arrived yet so I decided to test with normal Universe first, even though the free spin is much worse. It was pretty meh on Yell, tending to fall over and the lack of good free spin on the main tip made it run out of Stamina.

Polish Universe WR: 40% (2 outspins, 3 losses)
While Universe did help it a tiny bit, it still struggled with the same issues and the lack of raw Stamina from Polish definitely did not help.

Yell Metal Universe WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
Funnily enough, my Metal Universe copy arrived the same evening, so I did the tests after that. Holy moly, what a difference. No losses, with 2 draws. The extra free spin allowed it to be easier to control as well as gave it much better LAD, which was great to see. This definitely needs further testing as I want to see how controllable it is at proper launch speeds.

Polish Metal Universe WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
Interestingly, Polish did equally as well result wise, showing just how insane the difference between Metal Universe and Universe was. However, the wins were less convincing or were closer than with Yell and so I am inclined to prefer Yell in this situation.

Yell Metal Never WR: 20% (1 outspin, 4 losses)
Metal Never tended to topple over on Yell and caused it to run out of spin completely, without any support when tilting downwards.

Polish Metal Never WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
Polish managed to help it quite a bit, while it did draw twice, it did also win twice, so this is worth noting for further testing too.

Zone'+X WR: Bruh%
I could not stop it from self KOing, even at low RPMs and I just simply I gave up lol. Not worth using.

Save me PLEASE…. This took 2 hours and 30 minutes, over 170 rounds due to Bursts and KOs being excluded… I will add a section below this once I finish the 10 round tests for the setups I thought worked best.

The best setups that I will take into further testing are:
Yell Xceed’+Z
Polish Xtend+
Yell Octa
Polish Xplosion (Worn)
Polish Mobius
Yell High Wave’
Polish High Xtend+’
Yell Bearing Mobius
Polish Wave’
Yell Metal Universe
Yell Kick
Polish Bearing’
Polish Bearing Mobius
Polish Metal Never

I will do 20 round tests for these to be extra conclusive in a Part 2 post to this, I need to sort out the video editing for this first…. Either way, I hope you enjoyed the tests and found it interesting, let me know what you think below, or if you tested any yourself. Thanks!
(Apr. 17, 2023  1:09 PM)BWQ Wrote: With Deadly_162’s ban list proposal (found here) taking out a lot of the currently oppressive LAD options to be used on Dragoon, I decided to test out as many options as I could think that were excluded from that list to see what the other stuff can do. I split the drivers into categories, which are: Top Tier LAD Drivers, Mid Tier LAD Drivers, Mixed LAD Drivers, Tall Bois, Wildcards. Wildcard drivers are drivers that I had weird ideas on and wanted to test, because I am a mad scientist and have no clue where the ideas come from.

I tested 10 rounds per driver, with 5 on Yell and 5 on Polish, to generally see what worked best for each driver. After I finish this post, I will do additional 10 round tests on the best performing setups to see what their win rate was.

Testing Setup
-Both launched with DB Launcher, Power Gear and Long String
-Acid Anubis launched first every round, both beys light launched purely for LAD
-Burst Finishes and KOs are skipped, only counting OS or Draw
-5 rounds with Yell, 5 rounds with Polish
-Video footage will be posted over time as it will take ages to edit

Test Opponent: Acid Anubis Gravity Orbit
I chose this as I felt it was the best benchmark to see how well the driver can perform, as if it cannot reliably deal with Orbit, then it is not going to do that well in Burst Classic.

Top Tier LAD Drivers

Yell Bearing' WR: 0% WR (5 losses)
Bearing’ did not perform AT ALL. It would simply fall over and run out of stamina, with no chance to beat Orbit at all. Worst performance out of all setups in this testing.

Polish Bearing' WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 losses)
Polish helped Bearing’ with LAD by a country mile, allowing for the Beyblade to rest on Polish’s disc and the free spinning dish allowed it to win 3 times out of the 5 rounds. However, during the 2 losses that it got, they were quite conclusive losses, so I would not really rely on it.

Yell Xtend+ WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
Xtend+ proves its status as a top tier LAD driver even in Burst Classic, with quite a good winrate against Orbit. It did not lose, but it did end up drawing a couple of times. The wins were pretty good, nothing insanely dominant though.

Polish Xtend+ WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Polish helped Xtend+ to scrape those previous draws into wins, with better ending LAD. While it did lose once, I felt that this was the best of the two setups for Xtend+ and was a very convincing setup. 100% testing this more to see how it performs.

Mid Tier LAD Drivers

Yell Rise WR: 40% (2 outspins, 3 losses)
This was an okay matchup, but honestly nothing very consistent nor reliable. Not much else to say, it was alright at best.

Polish Rise WR: 40% (2 outspins, 2 losses, 1 draw)
While it did manage to get one extra draw instead of a loss, it was equally as meh to me and struggled to consistently convince me.

Yell Octa WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
This really surprised me with how well it managed to win in comparison to Polish. The extra Stamina given by Yell allows for Octa to get the extra LAD as well as better balance overall. Definitely testing this one more.

Polish Octa WR: 20% (1 outspin, 3 losses, 1 draw)
Polish’s lighter weight and more centered weight distribution seems to hinder Octa HEAVILY in this matchup. It was nowhere near as good as it was with Yell and I would not consider this at all.

Yell Zeal (Worn) WR: 20% (1 outspin, 4 losses)
I had a feeling that Zeal would struggle as it does well on heavier beys with more OWD. This really proved my point, with the low weight allowing it to tip off of the free spinning guard, running out of Stamina. As a note, I used a worn Zeal driver as the flatter tip on a worn Zeal helps with LAD stability for opposite spin.

Polish Zeal (Worn) WR: 20% (1 outspin, 2 losses, 2 draws)
Polish only managed to slightly help Zeal with getting draws, but did not help with winning at all. Major disappointment, definitely going to be used on later generations instead.

Mixed LAD Drivers

Yell Xceed'+Z WR: 100% (5 outspins)
Wow. th!nk once mentioned that the Z Chip on Xceed’ could still be an issue and should be looked into. I do not blame him now, after trying this, it was absolutely insane, with a perfect win rate, this is the first one on the watchlist for sure. 

Polish Xceed'+Z WR: 60% (3 outspins, 1 loss, 1 draw)
Interestingly, while it was still very strong, the lack of extra Stamina from Polish hindered Xceed’+Z a bit more as it did not need to rely on the dish on the disc in order to maintain LAD. While it is still a strong option, Yell is definitely much better in this regard.

Yell Destroy' WR: 20% (1 outspin, 2 losses, 2 draws)
Destroy’ has generally been a pretty good choice for mixed attack use as it has very solid LAD and stalling capabilities. However, the light weight of the Dragoon layer and the higher weight distribution of Yell really hindered it here. It wasn’t able to lean on the dish of Destroy’ properly, causing it to topple over and stop spinning.

Polish Destroy' WR: 60% (3 outspins, 1 loss, 1 draw)
Once Polish is brought in to the picture though, Destroy’ has an extra dish to lean on, allowing it to have more free spinning LAD and dramatically improving its winrate. This is the same phenomenon as with Bearing’ and will require more testing later down the line to properly stack it up to the rest.

Yell Xplosion (Worn) WR: 40% (2 outspins, 1 loss, 2 draws)
Next up is essentially Destroy’s younger and more aggressive brother, Xplosion. Xplosion is a new driver and has very limited testing, but has already found use in anti-attack LAD setups in the Burst GT and Burst Standard formats. I figured it would perform better than Destroy’ due to the wider base, which was proven correct, with only one loss. As a note, I used a worn Xplosion driver as it is more rounded, causing it to be easier to control and giving it slightly better LAD in my experience.

Polish Xplosion (Worn) WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Again, just like Bearing’ and Destroy’, Polish helps to bolster Xplosion’s LAD and boosts it to a mighty 0% loss rate, with only 1 loss out of the 5 rounds. Very strong results here, very impressed and will go to further testing with it.

Tall Boi Drivers

Yell Bearing Mobius WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
This was pretty interesting, as Bearing Mobius will tilt downwards when low on Stamina, but this allowed for Dragoon to grind the Yell disc on top of the opponent and cause them to lose the LAD battle quite easily. Very convincing results and will be carried on for further testing.

Polish Bearing Mobius WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 losses)
Polish on the other hand, hindered this setup quite a bit. The lower hanging disc as well as lower overall Stamina of Polish meant that Bearing Mobius was unable to use the height advantage as well as it could have, due to it tilting a lot.

Yell Mobius WR: 40% (2 outspins, 3 losses)
Unlike its Bearing counterpart, Mobius struggled to use Yell in the same way as it did not tilt on LAD and was unable to equalise effectively without proper contact.

Polish Mobius WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
Also unlike its Bearing counterpart, Mobius flourished with Polish, using the disc to grind down on the opponent and winning quite convincingly overall. Another one for further tests, for sure.

Yell Wave' WR: 0% (4 losses, 1 draw)
Wave’ could not use Yell at all, barely managing to scrape a single draw out of the 5 test battles. It was too tall to use it for better LAD but was too short to use a proper height advantage, which is where I think High Wave’ will do better.

Polish Wave' WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
On the other hand, Wave’ could utilise the extra dish on Polish to get much stronger LAD, with no losses out of the 5 test battles. Very interesting on how much of a difference it can make and I want to see how consistent this is in further tests.

Yell High Wave' WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 loss)
As I said in the Wave’ tests, High Wave’ was easily able to use its height as an advantage, with only a single loss from toppling over. Further testing is needed to see how consistent this is, but in this 5 round test, it was very good.

Polish High Wave' WR: 20% (1 outspin, 1 loss, 3 draws)
Acting as the opposite of its shorter sibling, High Wave’ suffered from the lack of stability and Stamina that Polish has, quaking quite a bit and only barely scraping by with draws.

Yell High Xtend+' WR: 40% (2 outspins, 2 losses, 1 draw)
Unlike High Wave’, which has its own dish to rely on, High Xtend+’ tends to lean over on the disc more in LAD. This leads it to struggle a bit more on Yell, due to the height letting it topple over too far.

Polish High Xtend+' WR: 80% (4 outspins, 1 draw)
As expected, Polish really helped High Xtend+’ a lot, letting it rest on the dish to give it much better LAD, ending up with only 1 draw and no losses. Very interesting and requires more testing to see how consistent it can be.

Wildcard Drivers

Yell Kick WR: 60% (3 outspins, 1 loss, 1 draw)
Now, I know what you might be thinking… “Jess, what are you on?? Kick for LAD?”, but hear me out. The lighter weight of Burst Classic beys as well as the taller height allow the bey to rest on the plate at the base of Kick. This gave it a surprisingly good amount of LAD when combined with the Stamina of Yell. This goes on the testing list as well.

Polish Kick WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 losses)
As expected though, without the raw Stamina of Yell, Kick did struggle a bit more, though it really managed to do pretty well regardless. Quite satisfied with the results of this one.

Yell Universe WR: 20% (1 outspin, 3 losses, 1 draw)
I figured that Metal Universe would work well but my copy hadn’t arrived yet so I decided to test with normal Universe first, even though the free spin is much worse. It was pretty meh on Yell, tending to fall over and the lack of good free spin on the main tip made it run out of Stamina.

Polish Universe WR: 40% (2 outspins, 3 losses)
While Universe did help it a tiny bit, it still struggled with the same issues and the lack of raw Stamina from Polish definitely did not help.

Yell Metal Universe WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
Funnily enough, my Metal Universe copy arrived the same evening, so I did the tests after that. Holy moly, what a difference. No losses, with 2 draws. The extra free spin allowed it to be easier to control as well as gave it much better LAD, which was great to see. This definitely needs further testing as I want to see how controllable it is at proper launch speeds.

Polish Metal Universe WR: 60% (3 outspins, 2 draws)
Interestingly, Polish did equally as well result wise, showing just how insane the difference between Metal Universe and Universe was. However, the wins were less convincing or were closer than with Yell and so I am inclined to prefer Yell in this situation.

Zone'+X WR: Bruh%
I could not stop it from self KOing, even at low RPMs and I just simply I gave up lol. Not worth using.

Save me PLEASE…. This took 2 hours and 30 minutes, over 170 rounds due to Bursts and KOs being excluded… I will add a section below this once I finish the 10 round tests for the setups I thought worked best.

The best setups that I will take into further testing are:
Yell Xceed’+Z
Polish Xtend+
Yell Octa
Polish Xplosion (Worn)
Polish Mobius
Yell High Wave’
Polish High Xtend+’
Yell Bearing Mobius
Polish Wave’
Yell Metal Universe
Yell Kick
Polish Bearing’
Polish Bearing Mobius

I will do 20 round tests for these to be extra conclusive in a Part 2 post to this, I need to sort out the video editing for this first…. Either way, I hope you enjoyed the tests and found it interesting, let me know what you think below, or if you tested any yourself. Thanks!

Really great tests ,  ive always thought that classic should be kept free of the lad meta . But the results are not  tooo good to the point that dragoon itself should be banned , maybe just the super high lad drivers (mobius, drift, bdr, bearing mobius ect)
omg ban left spins in BSC !!
Yeah dragoon itself is not too good.  These tests are against orbit, a driver that on the scale of LAD of 0-10, and 10 being max, closer to 0.  Orbit, is also one of, if not the winningest drivers in BSC.  If dragoon can’t win here, consistently, maybe it is just easier on the rulebook to ban the dragoons rather than drivers this and that and list a bunch of them.