[Takara Tomy]  Orb Egis Testing and Discussion

(Note: As of this Threads opening, Orb Egis is still banned in limited format.)
Honestly I think Orb Egis should be allowed in Limited format, Orb Egis is lighter than Bloody Longinus, has decent recoil and teeth but slightly poorer stamina due to the shape of the layer. Let's see whether it should be allowed.
We will be testing Orb Egis 00Expand Mobius
Stamina Type Match Up

Against Deep Chaos Outer Atomic
oE.00Expand.Mb:4 Wins (1 KO, 2 BS, 1 OS)
dC.Ω.At: 6 Wins (6 OS)
Against Geist Fafnir 00Wall Bearing
oE.00Expand.Mb: 6 Wins(4 BS, 2 OS)
gF.00Wall.Br: 1 Win
Ties: 3
Against Deep Chaos 00Wall Rise
oE.00Expand.Mb: 7 Wins (4 OS, 3 BS)
dC.00Wall.Rs: 3 Wins (3 OS)
Against Geist Fafnir 10Cross Atomic
oE.00Expand.Mb: 8 Wins (8 OS)
gF.10Cross.At: 0 Wins
Ties: 2

Attack Type Match Up

Bloody Longinus 0Cross Evolution (3rd Stage)
oE.00Expand.Mb: 4 Wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
bL.0Cross.Ev: 6 Win (4 KO, 2 BS)

P.S. I don't have Twin Nemesis, Shining Amaterios and Nightmare Longinus so would someone kindly help me test?

I think Orb Egis is close to Top Tier but can be out spun by Deep Chaos even and could possibly be burst be Nightmare since even Bloody Longinus could burst it, also it's same spin stamina is not too good but Opposite spin stamina and teeth is not bad, however it's not impossible to burst even in opposite spin so I think they should allow it in limited.
Orb Egis 0Bump Atomic vs Galaxy Zeus 00Flow Xtreme’
But this is for limited format, Lord Spriggan is not Allowed in Limited

(Nov. 22, 2020  3:01 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: (Note: As of this Threads opening, Orb Egis is still banned in limited format.)
Honestly I think Orb Egis should be allowed in Limited format, Orb Egis is lighter than Bloody Longinus, has decent recoil and teeth but slightly poorer stamina due to the shape of the layer. Let's see whether it should be allowed.
We will be testing Orb Egis 00Expand Mobius
Stamina Type Match Up

oE.00Expand.Mb:4 Wins (1 KO, 2 BS, 1 OS)
dC.Ω.At: 6 Wins (6 OS)
oE.00Expand.Mb: 6 Wins(4 BS, 2 OS)
gF.00Wall.Br: 1 Win
Ties: 3
oE.00Expand.Mb: 7 Wins (4 OS, 3 BS)
dC.00Wall.Rs: 3 Wins (3 OS)
oE.00Expand.Mb: 8 Wins (8 OS)
gF.10Cross.At: 0 Wins
Ties: 2

Attack Type Match Up

Bloody Longinus 0Cross Evolution (3rd Stage)
oE.00Expand.Mb: 4 Wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
bL.0Cross.Ev: 6 Win (4 KO, 2 BS)

P.S. I don't have Twin Nemesis, Shining Amaterios and Nightmare Longinus so would someone kindly help me test?

I think Orb Egis is close to Top Tier but can be out spun by Deep Chaos even and could possibly be burst be Nightmare since even Bloody Longinus could burst it, also it's same spin stamina is not too good but Opposite spin stamina and teeth is not bad, however it's not impossible to burst even in opposite spin so I think they should allow it in limited.

Looking at the results, i can't use Orb Egis on Bearing so Shining Amaterios 0Lift Bearing is still untouched

(Nov. 22, 2020  3:19 AM)Blader_Syre Wrote: Orb Egis 0Bump Atomic vs Hell Salamander 00Flow Xtreme’

Hell Salamander Banned in limited too

Orb Egis could be burst by Bloody Longinus so Nightmare Longinus should be able to counter it, hence why I do not Consider it Top-tier and should be a nice addition to Limited Format
Yup orb egis' burst resistance isnt that good
(Nov. 22, 2020  3:39 AM)Harshmello249 Wrote: Yup orb egis' burst resistance isnt that good

The teeth is actually not bad but the recoil brings the burst resistance down to only decent. The shape reminds me of Draciel Shield though.

The main problem with Orb Egis is the recoil and the shape
But orb egis isnt that powerful and thus can be added to limited
(Nov. 22, 2020  4:21 AM)Harshmello249 Wrote: But orb egis isnt that powerful and thus can be added to limited

Yes. Even Deep Chaos Can defeat it.

Wait I recently did another test and the results are shocking.
Orb Egis was actually pretty good when it was released and throughout the rest of Cho-Z, especially since it served as a very reliable Perfect Phoenix counter. Now, with access to things like Keep' and Unite' as well as several Stamina-based options, it'd be way too good against Attack Types. Also, the test where dC beat oE isn't very valid since Orb Egis is on Mobius, which is really bad for Same Spin, not to mention that Orb Egis is at its strongest when it's on a medium or short Driver since it can destabilize opponents and/or deflect attacks. Try some kind of mirror-match if you want to get accurate same-spin results. Something like oE.0C.R vs dC.0C.R or oE.0C.O vs dC.0C.O should do the trick.
We will be testing Orb Egis 00Star Spiral'
Stamina Type Match Up

oE.00Star.Sp': 10 Wins (10 BS)
dC.Ω.At: 0 Wins
oE.00Star.Sp': 9 Wins(9 BS)
gF.00Wall.Br: 1 Wins (1 OS)
oE.00Star.Sp': 10 Wins (10 BS)
dC.00Wall.Rs: 0 Wins
oE.00Star.Sp': 3 Wins (3 KO)
gF.10Cross.At: 6 Wins (6 OS)
Ties: 1

Attack Type Match Up

Bloody Longinus 0Cross Evolution (3rd Stage)
oE.00Star.Sp': 4 Wins (3 OS, 1KO)
bL.0Cross.Ev: 3 Wins (2 KO, 1 OS)

Bloody Longinus 7Expand Octa
oE.00Star.Sp': 1 Win (1 KO)
bL.7Expand.Ω: 9 Wins (2 KO, 7 OS)

(Nov. 22, 2020  6:24 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Orb Egis was actually pretty good when it was released and throughout the rest of Cho-Z, especially since it served as a very reliable Perfect Phoenix counter. Now, with access to things like Keep' and Unite' as well as several Stamina-based options, it'd be way too good against Attack Types. Also, the test where dC beat oE isn't very valid since Orb Egis is on Mobius, which is really bad for Same Spin, not to mention that Orb Egis is at its strongest when it's on a medium or short Driver since it can destabilize opponents and/or deflect attacks. Try some kind of mirror-match if you want to get accurate same-spin results. Something like oE.0C.R vs dC.0C.R or oE.0C.O vs dC.0C.O should do the trick.
Oh Good Idea but actually I tested it on other Drivers but Mobius had the best Success rate. I tried it on Atomic but it was worse against the attack types,so I decided to display the set of results that were the best

I tested Orb Egis on Spiral' and it was surprisingly good

(Nov. 22, 2020  6:24 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Orb Egis was actually pretty good when it was released and throughout the rest of Cho-Z, especially since it served as a very reliable Perfect Phoenix counter. Now, with access to things like Keep' and Unite' as well as several Stamina-based options, it'd be way too good against Attack Types. Also, the test where dC beat oE isn't very valid since Orb Egis is on Mobius, which is really bad for Same Spin, not to mention that Orb Egis is at its strongest when it's on a medium or short Driver since it can destabilize opponents and/or deflect attacks. Try some kind of mirror-match if you want to get accurate same-spin results. Something like oE.0C.R vs dC.0C.R or oE.0C.O vs dC.0C.O should do the trick.

However would you allow it to be added to Limited? It was still bested by the combinations that were actually Viable

I took your advice and did the 0C revolve mirror match and I found that deep chaos won 5 rounds with 5 OS, Orb Egis Won with 3 OS and there were two ties. So I think the recoil of Egis can be Exploited even through limited format
(Nov. 22, 2020  6:55 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
Oh Good Idea but actually I tested it on other Drivers but Mobius had the best Success rate. I tried it on Atomic but it was worse against the attack types,so I decided to display the set of results that were the best

However would you allow it to be added to Limited? It was still bested by the combinations that were actually Viable

I stand by my claim that Orb Egis is too good for Limited. If you test with an Orb Egis combo that's very situational, you might think it's not that great, but there are some really solid combos that can be made with oE . For example, Atomic isn't the greatest for Burst Resistance or KO Defense, but something like Orbit or Orbit Metal makes oE look like a beast in Same-Spin battles. Putting it on Keep/Keep' or Unite/Unite' shows how good it is for Burst Defense. Opposite Spin battles are where Mobius shines, although you could also use something like Universe or Destroy'. Also a banned part shouldn't be unbanned just because it can be defeated by one or two Beys from a given format. That'd just make a metagame where the only things that competitive players use are that part and things that can counter that part.
(Nov. 22, 2020  7:32 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2020  6:55 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:

I stand by my claim that Orb Egis is too good for Limited. If you test with an Orb Egis combo that's very situational, you might think it's not that great, but there are some really solid combos that can be made with oE . For example, Atomic isn't the greatest for Burst Resistance or KO Defense, but something like Orbit or Orbit Metal makes oE look like a beast in Same-Spin battles. Putting it on Keep/Keep' or Unite/Unite' shows how good it is for Burst Defense. Opposite Spin battles are where Mobius shines, although you could also use something like Universe or Destroy'. Also a banned part shouldn't be unbanned just because it can be defeated by one or two Beys from a given format. That'd just make a metagame where the only things that competitive players use are that part and things that can counter that part.

I understand. That's a good Point, however do you think it can stand up to Geist Fafnir? Also isn't Orbit/Orbit Metal a rather tall driver, you mentioned in your previous post that Orb Egis was good with Medium to Short drivers. Also I feel it is quite lacking in Opposite spin match up. But perhaps it should stay banned because after testing i found that it can easily defeat Most Evolution Beys which defeats the purpose of Limited Format
(Nov. 22, 2020  8:24 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2020  7:32 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I stand by my claim that Orb Egis is too good for Limited. If you test with an Orb Egis combo that's very situational, you might think it's not that great, but there are some really solid combos that can be made with oE . For example, Atomic isn't the greatest for Burst Resistance or KO Defense, but something like Orbit or Orbit Metal makes oE look like a beast in Same-Spin battles. Putting it on Keep/Keep' or Unite/Unite' shows how good it is for Burst Defense. Opposite Spin battles are where Mobius shines, although you could also use something like Universe or Destroy'. Also a banned part shouldn't be unbanned just because it can be defeated by one or two Beys from a given format. That'd just make a metagame where the only things that competitive players use are that part and things that can counter that part.

I understand. That's a good Point, however do you think it can stand up to Geist Fafnir? Also isn't Orbit/Orbit Metal a rather tall driver, you mentioned in your previous post that Orb Egis was good with Medium to Short drivers. Also I feel it is quite lacking in Opposite spin match up. But perhaps it should stay banned because after testing i found that it can easily defeat Most Evolution Beys which defeats the purpose of Limited Format

Orb Egis isn't the greatest for Opposite Spin battles in a format without Xtend+ and we don't know if Zone'+Z will remain in the format, which would be the second safest option, so it's really meant to deal with Geist Fafnir. Like I said earlier, having a couple of losing matchups in Limited against top-tier combos doesn't immediately mean that it should be allowed in Limited. Orb Egis beating most of the Right Spin God Layers in Limited with a solid Defense/Stamina combo should be enough of a red flag, like you mentioned. Also, Orbit is a standard height Driver because significant height variations were introduced in Cho-Z.
Orb Egis is such a meme bey
(Nov. 22, 2020  11:43 PM)Icoolid Wrote: Orb Egis is such a meme bey

Please read the rules and stop making these posts.

why?...
Contribute to the thread. The mods will look at your 50 posts and they will not let you become organizer
(Nov. 22, 2020  11:53 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:

why?...

Because of the quest driver but it's also so cool I really want one
(Nov. 22, 2020  11:56 PM)Icoolid Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2020  11:53 PM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: why?...

Because of the quest driver but it's also so cool I really want one

Oh, because of the sucction cup. Cool. Me too.
Allow me to shake my head and say that you should test Orb Egis in raw tests (Same spin stam/oppo spin LAD test using same bottom parts) and on common competitive combos. These tests are using combos that aren't expected, aren't really indicative of the potential of oE, and aren't put in thoughtful matchups (E.g. oE on Sp' vs gF on At will almost always have gF on At win from LAD since oE on Sp' doesn't have the attack power to KO it).

Orb Egis is a layer on almost the level of Archer Hercules (I think aH is better), so I cannot imagine it being unbanned in Limited.
(Nov. 24, 2020  1:47 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Allow me to shake my head and say that you should test Orb Egis in raw tests (Same spin stam/oppo spin LAD test using same bottom parts) and on common competitive  combos. These tests are using combos that aren't expected, aren't really indicative of the potential of oE, and aren't put in thoughtful matchups (E.g. oE on Sp' vs gF on At will almost always have gF on At win from LAD since oE on Sp' doesn't have the attack power to KO it).

Orb Egis is a layer on almost the level of Archer Hercules (I think aH is better), so I cannot imagine it being unbanned in Limited.

I only started blading at the start of superking so I was just wondering because i am not familiar with the Cho-z Metagame so I was putting parts I thought may be good on oE, I had not seen oE being extensively used before so I thought it was not very good.