[Takara Tomy]  Galaxy Zeus & Planet Testing and Discussion

I don't know... I see gZ's strenght in that it can be launched like carp and it will stabilise, with that combo it could offer some protection to gZ while its unstablising opponent.
(Oct. 17, 2017  5:08 PM)Gaeryc Wrote: I don't know... I see gZ's strenght in that it can be launched like carp and it will stabilise, with that combo it could offer some protection to gZ while its unstablising opponent.
The use gZ has currently is in the combo mgc optional 
gZ 4/7 glaive atomic.it outspins aC plus atomic and burst and destabilizes gK on revolve.it is defeated by attack and mG
(Oct. 17, 2017  8:36 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2017  5:08 PM)Gaeryc Wrote: I don't know... I see gZ's strenght in that it can be launched like carp and it will stabilise, with that combo it could offer some protection to gZ while its unstablising opponent.
The use gZ has currently is in the combo mgc optional 
gZ 4/7 glaive atomic.it outspins aC plus atomic and burst and destabilizes gK on revolve.it is defeated by attack and mG

wait so gZ is a destabilize beyblade?
(Oct. 18, 2017  6:19 AM)KnightinGale Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2017  8:36 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: The use gZ has currently is in the combo mgc optional 

wait so gZ is a destabilize beyblade?

Yea it also has good stamina better than aC.
(Oct. 18, 2017  8:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2017  6:19 AM)KnightinGale Wrote: wait so gZ is a destabilize beyblade?

Yea it also has good stamina better than aC.

Have you yourself observed this? Or did soneone else say it aomewhere? Either way we need a little bit of proof from someone who owns gZ and aC
Can confirm gZ has better Stamina than aC. Generally speaking, it goes like this right now from best to worst Stamina among realistically competitive Layers:

1. gK
2. mG
3. D2
4. gZ
5. aC
6. bR

Not sure about aC vs. bR, but I think aC is better. You can also throw Drain Fafnir in there somewhere obviously. I'd probably put it below D2 even though it can beat gK in certain circumstances. I didn't include Layers like Odin or Deathscyther which in my opinion are not realistically competitive anymore in most situations when we're talking about high level competition; even everything beyond mG, gK, and dF right now I'm having a hard time seeing the point in using after my experience winning the last two events I attended in Toronto and New York.
gZ is a safe option for stamina combos. I mean it has more defense and can beat gK and has more stamina than aC. It also does ok against attack when weak launched
I think the upside to aC over gZ is that little extra burst resistance even if you have to trade some stamina. In my experience gZ is much easier to beat with sX, lS. Whereas gZ will do better against dF and mG than aC will (if both on atomic). Interesting people are talking about gZ being good at destabilising, wondering if that has any utility given gK runs over most things that cant burst it.
(Oct. 18, 2017  8:52 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: gZ is a safe option for stamina combos. I mean it has more defense and can beat gK and has more stamina than aC. It also does ok against attack when weak launched

That is all true, but mG on Orbit (it's tighter than Atomic) is safer against everything except gK.Ω.R and mG Atomic. gZ will also lose a mirror match against D2 most of the time. dF on Atomic or Ωcta is even safer against Attack and on Ωcta can beat gZ Atomic consistently. gZ also gets destroyed especially by sX as Basedsamuraij mentioned (it can do a bit better against lS I think if weak launched).

I think gZ had some decent utility when it was first released–and it certainly is still very usable in certain situations–but it isn't as safe as it was before mainly because of Ωcta and the release of Sieg Xcalibur.

(Oct. 18, 2017  11:04 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I think the upside to aC over gZ is that little extra burst resistance even if you have to trade some stamina.

Yeah, for sure. However, it's becoming harder to pick either of them at this point in time because mG and dF are safer against more things if you're using Orbit with mG and Ωcta with dF.
I personally have been trying Galaxy Zeus Wing Merge. The movement pattern is intresting
Planet is kinda like GB145 from Metal Fight. You can use it for some great defense combos.
(Dec. 29, 2017  7:28 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Planet is kinda like GB145 from Metal Fight. You can use it for some great defense combos.

Actually, the fact that the balls roll around in an oval severely kills stamina, as it's more imbalanced than GB145. Also, it still has the same problems as Weight.
i think planet can be good for stationary attack cuz its semi aggressive
(Jan. 04, 2018  4:07 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think planet can be good for stationary attack cuz its semi aggressive

Like I said earlier, it's stamina is bad, it scrapes a lot as well. Stationary Attack would be better on something with less balance issues.
I've tried Planet for Stationary Attack with Sieg Xcalibur. Self Burst every time
When I tried sX Planet, it was passable, but sX Atomic and Trans (both the flat and sharp tips) work way better than Planet does.
(Jan. 04, 2018  6:42 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I've tried Planet for Stationary Attack with Sieg Xcalibur. Self Burst every time

(Jan. 04, 2018  6:50 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: When I tried sX Planet, it was passable, but sX Atomic and Trans (both the flat and sharp tips) work way better than Planet does.
ok thanks for telling this info
(Jan. 04, 2018  2:11 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2017  7:28 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Planet is kinda like GB145 from Metal Fight. You can use it for some great defense combos.

Actually, the fact that the balls roll around in an oval severely kills stamina, as it's more imbalanced than GB145. Also, it still has the same problems as Weight.

Oh, my bad then.
I built a gZ combo using Heavy and Planet and equipped with an A3 mould MG Chip. To my surprise, it worked very well against top tier attackers like God Valkyrie 7M.X. and Legend Spriggan 7M.X. The whole strategy behind it is to launch it to make it hit the center as quickly as possible, and it does so by making a quick first contact with its opponent. Against other Defense and Stamina types, it's more likely to fail, but it excels against attackers like they aren't even carp. It even took down my best Destabilizer without any issue. I wouldn't knock Planet too soon, it has quite a bit of potential.
(Dec. 13, 2017  5:53 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I personally have been trying Galaxy Zeus Wing Merge. The movement pattern is interesting

I've tried it too but I think Wing is too light.
The stock combo in my opinion the perfect mix of Defence and Stamina... It's able to take attacks and then outlast the opponent. One more thing to add is that it can roll around the stadium and therefore be doing a 'counter-break' like manoeuver and hitting like a heavy hammer...
Since Spriggan Requiem and Maximum Garuda have been banned, I wanted to see if Galaxy Zeus can come back into the top-tier metagame, especially on Destroy

MGC Galaxy Zeus 7Cross Destroy vs. Deep Chaos 7 Revolve
MGC Galaxy Zeus 7Cross Destroy vs. MGC Sieg Xcalibur 7Bump Xtreme
MGC Galaxy Zeus 7Cross Destroy vs MGC Sieg Xcalibur 7Cross Orbit
MGC Galaxy Zeus 7Cross Destroy vs MGC Alter Chronos (Stamina Mode) 7Cross Atomic
MGC Galaxy Zeus 7Cross Destroy vs Drain Fafnir 7Cross Bearing
So yeah, I'd be comfortable using Galaxy Zeus in tournaments (until more, better Chou-Z Beyblades come out)