[Takara Tomy]  8 Core Disk Testing and Discussion

Hey guys, I asked a question to see which was better, 7 or 8 and found out that 8 seemed to be very scarcely tested. So here is the 8 core disk testing and discussion thread, and here are the first test results:

gK.8glaive.At spin times:
1: 1:58.85
2: 1:42.54
3: 1:49.54
Average: 1:50.31

gK.7glaive.At spin times:
1: 1:52.95
2: 1:51.16
3: 1:49.78
Average: 1:51.29

Observations:
gK with 7 was defenetly heavier than gK with 8. During test launches, when I used my full powered launch, gK with 8 some times went over the tornado ridge and self K.Oed or hit the wall. gK with 7 never went over the tornado ridge despite how hard I launched. Even though gK with 7 never beat 8's high score it spun much more consistent times. But I think 8's average could have been higher than 7's average time if gK with 8 did not go over the tornado ridge and hit the wall on the trial with the lowest spin time. When spin velocity was weak 7 started getting of balance little by little, while 8 got of balance all at once but the lad effect of each disk was very similar.

Now with the spin time tests over, I went on with battles
(Each test was 20 battles long with the winner of the last round being launched first next round)

MGC mG.7meteor.At vs gK.8glaive.At
mG: 60% win rate (12 spin finishes)
gK: 40% win rate (8 burst finishes)

Observations: 
I can now say that even if 8 has excellent spin times, it fails in the battling department. 8 consistently lost in stamina and the bursts were luck due to the roundness of the gK layer. But it may be just because mG had atomic. I will still have to do more tests to confirm how good 8 is.

FAQ's

Q: Why did you use mG? It's banned.

A: I used mG because it's rediculously op in stamina and gK has been known to be the only layer that could put spin it. So I tried to eliminate as many other variables possible on why gK would win or why mG would win.

Q: what was your launcher set up?

A: I used an Lr string launcher with the knuckle grip.

Q: Do you take testing requests?

A: Yup! I can tests stuff for you but I can't test parts I don't have! So pm me what you want me to test and I'll tell you if I can test it or not. And don't worry if you have to wait a few days, I have a life and it's very busy.

Thanks for reading guys feel free to ask away on me!
could u do some mirror tests
(Nov. 03, 2017  2:39 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: could u do some mirror tests
No, I don't have repeat parts, sorry
(Nov. 03, 2017  4:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Add 4 and maybe 2 for comparison?

Yup comming up
(Nov. 03, 2017  3:03 PM)Foxer Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  2:39 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: could u do some mirror tests
No, I don't have repeat parts, sorry
Then plz do mg 8 g at vs gk 7 m at
(Nov. 03, 2017  4:51 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  3:03 PM)Foxer Wrote: No, I don't have repeat parts, sorry
Then plz do mg 8 g at vs gk 7 m at
Sure!
(Nov. 03, 2017  5:07 PM)Foxer Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  4:51 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Then plz do mg 8 g at vs gk 7 m at
Sure!

(20 rounds with the winner of the last round being launched first in the next round)
I don't have 2 atomics so I used revolve on gK instead

gK.7meteor.revolve: 75% win rate (14 bursts and 1 out spin)

mG.8glaive.at: 25% win rate (5 out spins)

Observations: the spin finishes of mG were seriously close. But gK of course had serious balance issues with revolve. 8 really let me down here. I was hoping it would be an extreame stamina disk just as
gK is an extreame stamina layer. But in truth it does not have as good stamina as 7 and it bursts so much more
(Nov. 04, 2017  3:52 AM)Foxer Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2017  5:07 PM)Foxer Wrote: Sure!

(20 rounds with the winner of the last round being launched first in the next round)
I don't have 2 atomics so I used revolve on gK instead

gK.7meteor.revolve: 75% win rate (14 bursts  and 1 out spin)

mG.8glaive.at: 25% win rate (5 out spins)

Observations: the spin finishes of mG were seriously close. But gK of course had serious balance issues with revolve. 8 really let me down here. I was hoping it would be an extreame stamina disk just as
gK is an extreame stamina layer. But in truth it does not have as good stamina as 7 and it bursts so much more
Maybe thats becuz of atomic. But so far results look bad for 8
dF boost (hasbro disc) planet and or revolve, just to see in all areas?
(Nov. 16, 2017  6:15 PM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: dF boost (hasbro disc) planet and or revolve, just to see in all areas?
sorry I don't have dF
darn it.
(Nov. 16, 2017  7:42 PM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: darn it.
I hope will be getting it this Christmas though, if I do I'll pm u
okee-dokee
(Nov. 16, 2017  6:15 PM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: dF boost (hasbro disc) planet and or revolve, just to see in all areas?

Why Boost? That thing is too light and has too rough of a shape to be useful
I found it works well... what is a good replacement disc?
(Nov. 16, 2017  10:02 PM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: I found it works well... what is a good replacement disc?

Knuckle and Down
thanks