Takara/Hasbro

Poll: Wich is better beyblade maker?

Hasbro
14.75%
Takara
85.25%
Total: 100% 366 vote(s)
I noticed that certain bottoms made by Hasbro break...never heard of that from a proud Takara Tomy owner hehehe...
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:28 AM)LR Blader Wrote: I noticed that certain bottoms made by Hasbro break...never heard of that from a proud Takara Tomy owner hehehe...

Actually, TT products have shown to be just as defective(moreso, in some crucial cases - perhaps you should read the Beylauncher thread sometime, or read about any first molds of MWs, RF, etc.) as Hasbro.
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:51 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:28 AM)LR Blader Wrote: I noticed that certain bottoms made by Hasbro break...never heard of that from a proud Takara Tomy owner hehehe...

Actually, TT products have shown to be just as defective(moreso, in some crucial cases - perhaps you should read the Beylauncher thread sometime, or read about any first molds of MWs, RF, etc.) as Hasbro.

Takara Tomy,being the first to release should be excempted of that fact since Hasbro has some time to copy Takara Tomy's revisions but instead they screw it up even more...an example of which is Hasbro's R2F having an empty slot without the bar in it....
Hasbro of course.

Without them, I never meet beyblade!
(Oct. 09, 2011  1:45 PM)LR Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:51 AM)Hazel Wrote:

Takara Tomy,being the first to release should be excempted of that fact since Hasbro has some time to copy Takara Tomy's revisions but instead they screw it up even more...an example of which is Hasbro's R2F having an empty slot without the bar in it....

Hasbro's R2F is not really negatively impacted by this in any meaningful way - I've rarely encountered it being anything but entirely beneficial, in fact. Moreover, you cannot sing one company's praises and then go "well, they're exempt from criticism because bbbbbbbbb". No one is exempt from criticism. TT's "Fix" for the Beylauncher was releasing rubbers/suspensions, rather than just strengthening the handle - something Hasbro had the sense to do.
I agree with your general point, but the beylauncher example is a bad one, since I had 3 orange ones froms Hasbro that I got for Christmas, and all of their handles broke a month later. 2 of them were completely scrapped eventually since they stopped working (one actually blew up in my hand and left me with quite a few gashes + several small scratches).
(Oct. 09, 2011  2:30 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2011  1:45 PM)LR Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:51 AM)Hazel Wrote: Actually, TT products have shown to be just as defective(moreso, in some crucial cases - perhaps you should read the Beylauncher thread sometime, or read about any first molds of MWs, RF, etc.) as Hasbro.

Hasbro's R2F is not really negatively impacted by this in any meaningful way - I've rarely encountered it being anything but entirely beneficial, in fact. Moreover, you cannot sing one company's praises and then go "well, they're exempt from criticism because bbbbbbbbb". No one is exempt from criticism. TT's "Fix" for the Beylauncher was releasing rubbers/suspensions, rather than just strengthening the handle - something Hasbro had the sense to do.

say all you want TAKARA TOMY will always win haha... so what if they strengthen the handles? it still breaks right? and just the fact that Takara Tomy started MFB and Takara started the plastic generation is just enough to say that Takara Tomy is better...Hasbro won't be making big money today as we speak if it weren't for Takara Tomy haha...one more thing i hate about Hasbro is that they make useless bey gear instead of just making attachments for a single grip they ask you to buy different grips for just one purpose....TAKARA TOMY RELEASES BEYBLADES A YEAR EARLIER THAN HASBRO...
That's because they invented it.... Of course they're going to release it earlier. Hasbro also needs time to translate the anime, as well as invent new marketing strategies and boxes, etc. to appeal to the american community.
(Oct. 09, 2011  2:53 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I agree with your general point, but the beylauncher example is a bad one, since I had 3 orange ones froms Hasbro that I got for Christmas, and all of their handles broke a month later. 2 of them were completely scrapped eventually since they stopped working (one actually blew up in my hand and left me with quite a few gashes + several small scratches).

As bad as the Hasbro ones may break, the TT ones were considerably more frequent(and violent, iirc), from reports. I recall several users having TT Beylauncher handles break within a 3 day period of purchasing them, actually - Bey Brad himself was quite thoroughly disgusted with the entire issue.

Actually, if you'd like any kind of truthtelling about TT's QC on their releases(especially in MFB), just read the Whine About Your Breaks and various other threads - you'll see a lot more TT stuff than Hasbro. I read the entirety of all of those threads when I first joined, and it honestly scared me batty of buying any TT products at first glance.

(Oct. 09, 2011  2:53 PM)LR Blader Wrote: say all you want TAKARA TOMY will always win haha... so what if they strengthen the handles? it still breaks right? and just the fact that Takara Tomy started MFB and Takara started the plastic generation is just enough to say that Takara Tomy is better...Hasbro won't be making big money today as we speak if it weren't for Takara Tomy haha...one more thing i hate about Hasbro is that they make useless bey gear instead of just making attachments for a single grip they ask you to buy different grips for just one purpose....TAKARA TOMY RELEASES BEYBLADES A YEAR EARLIER THAN HASBRO...

If you're not actually going to take other sides into account when deciding your opinion, that is your choice - but, it makes your posts useless for discussion purposes.

I suppose the guidelines of this particular thread don't necessarily call for "discussion" anyway.
Okay, Okay, Okay, I'm 107.875% neutral on this one:

BUT: this is aimed at ANYONE who thinks Hasbro's butts are better than their product.

If you think HASBRO SUCKS, it's because Americans are tighter with their product laws than Japanese.

If you think that the transition from "Cancer" to "Gasher" was bad, this is the reason: NO American parent, in their right mind, would buy a product called "Cancer". Same with Genocide/Nightmare Rex. Say "Genocide Rex" to an American and a few might have spasms from the memories of 9/11.

PLUS: Hasbro actually fixed the Breaking Prongs and Clunky Click issues. Hasbro Ripcord Launchers can easily click a bey on, while TT Light Launchers' "clicks" were quite clunky and lead to some prong issues.

AND: Sure, Hazzy's Stadiums are carp. But look, if Hasbro DIDN'T make the stadium less attacky and less bouncy, at least 100 kids would injure or even LOSE and eye from a M145Q combo's bounce.

So if you HATE Hasbro, WHY BOTHER RANTING?!
(Oct. 10, 2011  12:14 PM)OneWingedAngel Wrote: Okay, Okay, Okay, I'm 107.875% neutral on this one:

BUT: this is aimed at ANYONE who thinks Hasbro's butts are better than their product.

If you think HASBRO SUCKS, it's because Americans are tighter with their product laws than Japanese.

If you think that the transition from "Cancer" to "Gasher" was bad, this is the reason: NO American parent, in their right mind, would buy a product called "Cancer". Same with Genocide/Nightmare Rex. Say "Genocide Rex" to an American and a few might have spasms from the memories of 9/11.

PLUS: Hasbro actually fixed the Breaking Prongs and Clunky Click issues. Hasbro Ripcord Launchers can easily click a bey on, while TT Light Launchers' "clicks" were quite clunky and lead to some prong issues.

AND: Sure, Hazzy's Stadiums are carp. But look, if Hasbro DIDN'T make the stadium less attacky and less bouncy, at least 100 kids would injure or even LOSE and eye from a M145Q combo's bounce.

cause its not just the name changes and stadiums they done SO much more thing wrong and alot of it seems to have no marketing reason behind it
njrk97- Well, that is pointless. I really appreciate Hasbro, as its them who got me into beyblading. Hasbro has their products almost everywhere, while TT and SonoKong do not even get their beys out of Asia, or to be more precise- Japan, China, Korea(?), Philippines(?), etc.
Also, may you list down those bad things without any marketing reason?
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:21 AM)njrk97 Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2011  12:14 PM)OneWingedAngel Wrote: Okay, Okay, Okay, I'm 107.875% neutral on this one:

cause its not just the name changes and stadiums they done SO much more thing wrong and alot of it seems to have no marketing reason behind it

You revived a thread just to say something so useless to discussion purposes that it basically just turns out being baseless bashing?

You baselessly bash Hasbro more than anyone else on this forum. You refuse to accept their positives, and throw out negatives that seem to exist only in your own mind. You don't understand their marketing reasons, so you claim there are none. The name changes? Meaningless. The Stadia? Out of their hands - they have regulations they are forced to obey.

The only valid complaint anyone can make about Hasbro is their ludicrous release schedule, and I'm sure there's probably a legitimate reason behind that, too. Not one we may agree with - especially being that we don't know what it is - but I imagine there is an extenuating circumstance behind it nonetheless.

Please stop just going "NO HASBRO SUCKS" without any actual discussion or substance behind your posts.
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:31 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:21 AM)njrk97 Wrote:

You revived a thread just to say something so useless to discussion purposes that it basically just turns out being baseless bashing?

You baselessly bash Hasbro more than anyone else on this forum. You refuse to accept their positives, and throw out negatives that seem to exist only in your own mind. You don't understand their marketing reasons, so you claim there are none. The name changes? Meaningless. The Stadia? Out of their hands - they have regulations they are forced to obey.

The only valid complaint anyone can make about Hasbro is their ludicrous release schedule, and I'm sure there's probably a legitimate reason behind that, too. Not one we may agree with - especially being that we don't know what it is - but I imagine there is an extenuating circumstance behind it nonetheless.

Please stop just going "NO HASBRO SUCKS" without any actual discussion or substance behind your posts.
liek is said in the why we should sing praise to hasbro forums I LIKE HASBRO THEY DID ALOT OF THING RIGHT I USE ONLY HASBRO BEY BUT THE FEW THINGS THEY DID WRONG ARE SO MAJOR IT SCREWS UP THEIR META GAME

so of the thing they did for no marketing reason
1.not realeasing beylauncher l they would make so much money of it if they did
2.not makeing metal faces easily accesable okay i get selling them with the game but they would make alot more money realesing them generally so many people would buy them
3.the stadium would not be that hard to make good get a tt atttack satdium and in the gaps just add large pockets no saftey threat and perfect balance
4.and finally hasbro never listen to their fan base if they looked on the internet they would see what people want from them but no instead they sit in their office makeing electro beyblades and other useless gear which at least at my shops are never touched the shelfs at my big w target ect are overflowing with old electro battlers and wind and shoot launchers

im sorry about bashing them with out a valid reason i was just angry at them for being so oblivouse to what people want and like i said i like alot of stuff hasbro has done i liked they renamed hell to hades it makes more sense i like they realesed beyblades here in australia i like them making rare beys accesble and i like they better desighned string launcher my lasted for 6 months with huge use without breaking even now it still work it just the handles cracked im srry i didnt want to come across as some mindless hasbro hater
The Hasbro metagame is a unique and active lifeform all its own - a completely different metagame from TT, and we have many users who actually enjoy it! Personally, I like that there is an "alternate universe" where otherwise uncanny combos do well.

1. Valid point. It's probable, however, they they will still release it.
2. I believe they're currently still using the games with new promotional Beys, so it's probably obvious to them they're making more money this way for the time being.
3. Technically, the biggest problem with the Hasbro stadia ARE the pockets(though they need better Tornado Ridges), and the walls on the TT Stadia are too low for Hasbro's demanded safety standards.
4. There is actually a level of public interest Hasbro takes in developing their main-line products, as is obvious with their current decision for Metal Explosion Beyblades. As for the electro battlers and XTS and such, I honestly don't mind having more stuff out there for collectors to get. Hasbro has a lot of money to throw away on whatever they please.

I'm glad you took the time to calm down and apologize, and I appreciate the sentiment. Obviously you did explode a little bit, and that is understandable, but please try to refrain from doing so in the future.
(Oct. 30, 2011  3:43 AM)Hazel Wrote: The Hasbro metagame is a unique and active lifeform all its own - a completely different metagame from TT, and we have many users who actually enjoy it! Personally, I like that there is an "alternate universe" where otherwise uncanny combos do well.

1. Valid point. It's probable, however, they they will still release it.
2. I believe they're currently still using the games with new promotional Beys, so it's probably obvious to them they're making more money this way for the time being.
3. Technically, the biggest problem with the Hasbro stadia ARE the pockets(though they need better Tornado Ridges), and the walls on the TT Stadia are too low for Hasbro's demanded safety standards.
4. There is actually a level of public interest Hasbro takes in developing their main-line products, as is obvious with their current decision for Metal Explosion Beyblades. As for the electro battlers and XTS and such, I honestly don't mind having more stuff out there for collectors to get. Hasbro has a lot of money to throw away on whatever they please.

I'm glad you took the time to calm down and apologize, and I appreciate the sentiment. Obviously you did explode a little bit, and that is understandable, but please try to refrain from doing so in the future.

acutally the funny thig is if they just made the pockest deeper and wider so the bey didnt bounce backinto the stadium when it hit the pocket wall the stadium would be pretty good
Takara Tomy,your 1 dunder head if you say Hasbro or Sono Kong.
(Oct. 31, 2011  9:51 PM)EvilSwitch Wrote: Takara Tomy,your 1 dunder head if you say Hasbro or Sono Kong.

So you posted with no reasons and insulted everyone whose opinion is different than yours.

Way to be.
Well Takara Tomy makes the real deal, Hasbro and Sono Kong just buy the molds.
(Oct. 31, 2011  10:07 PM)EvilSwitch Wrote: Well Takara Tomy makes the real deal, Hasbro and Sono Kong just buy the molds.
And they also release them where Takara Tomy cannot produce them...
No Hasbro means no beyblades in America.
And Sono Kong makes virtually the exact same things as Takara Tomy, and you can buy them cheaper, same quality and everything.
...Hasbro and Sono Kong often use their own molds. They're licensed through TT. Maybe you should read other posts in this thread before saying strange things.
Wha... Your the one saying strange things.My aunt works for Hasbro...So I'm right YOUR wrong!!
The likelihood that your aunt works for Hasbro is low. The likelihood that she has a position that grants her sovereign knowledge over the corporate matters is even lower. The likelihood that she gave you this information, especially being that it's incorrect, is abyssmal.
She's been working their for a LONG time, maybe since it started.
Hazel,stop denieing everything. Its making you a Nerdy Wuss. Correcting makes you a Nerdy Wusssy.
Then it is even more strange that you do not know something that everyone else here already knows. Hasbro has the distribution license for official products through Takara Tomy, just like Sono Kong does.

In many cases, Hasbro utilizes their own molds that they either replicated or self-cast using Takara Tomy molds. The Legend Beys are a prime example, as well as Hasbro's current plans(as we've seen them) for the 4D Beyblades utilizing a Metal Frame system.

You are thoroughly incorrect and your aunt's job is irrelevant.