TT and Hasbro Ripcord Variation.

(I searched on the forums for a topic already regarding this, I didn't seem to find one so..)
I just got a TT Beyblade (BB-70) and noticed that their ripcords have about 16 more 'teeth' than Hasbro's. Any major impact on gameplay? (I use a Beylauncher, so don't say 'idc they sux use beylauncher!!1)
Yes, Hasbro's Beyblade Metal Fusion winders are ridiculously short. I would think it makes a Right Launcher shot even less powerful, no ?
Yeah, of course, and your avatar says bandwidth exceeded.
So does anyone know the reasoning behind that..?
If it's a longer Winder, then you are able to achieve a pull closest to the maximum velocity possible, if that makes sense. A short Winder inhibits the maximum speed you will reach.
Someone told me the big ugly electronic Beyblades would contain the original Takara Tomy winders. That's not the case. I didn't buy one, but I did see the package of one and saw the winder through the plastic, it's the same one (just with the original generation shooter) as what you get with the regular sized MFBs.
Yeah, this is why we are allowing the use of Neo-Dragon and Dragon Winders in Right Launchers now. They are the exact same length as the TT winders. A lot of people won't be able to import TT MFBs, so those that do would have longer winders, and thus have an unfair advantage.
Does the Beylauncher still outclass the shooters with the longer winder?
(Jun. 10, 2010  1:04 AM)Dan Wrote: Does the Beylauncher still outclass the shooters with the longer winder?

The "longer winders" are the same length a the TT ones, remember. But, yes, it does. That doesn't mean you can't get a powerful launch from the Right Launcher though, and some people find it more comfortable than using the BeyLauncher anyways.
By longer winders I meant the TT ones not Neo-Dragoon and such.
The TT MFB winder, and the Neo-Dragon winder are the exact same length.

As for power I feel they beylauncher is still more powerful, however without enough practice you are more likely to mess up your shot.
How should you practice it? Other than the obvious, is there any tricks? lol.
watch the video on the youtube channel and then just keep playing till you find you can get the desired results with your shot.
Ha hasbro had a warehouse full of old winders.....? Maaaayyybbeee?
sort of a necro post.
by 16 days.
Ha i just got my first non-takara MFB today, and i was going to make a thread about this, so it came up in search.
Oh, well I guess you can input information if you'd like seeing as how you use Takara regularly rather than me, who has to import Takara blades.
(Jun. 10, 2010  1:24 AM)Khel Wrote: The TT MFB winder, and the Neo-Dragon winder are the exact same length.

As for power I feel they beylauncher is still more powerful, however without enough practice you are more likely to mess up your shot.

Doesn't the Dragon Winder have one more tooth?
No, Neo-D and D Winder are exactly the same.
I meant between TT's MFB winder and the dragon winder, I thought the dragon winder has 69 teeth whereas the TT MFB winder has 68...
If Neo is the same as the regular, and Neo is equal to MFB Winder; means they are all the same..
I know, I was just pretty sure it had one more tooth, which is fairly insignificant.
I don't believe so, because it is so infinitesimal, also making not matter who of us is correct.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Winder
Dragon and Neo-Dragon: 69 teeth
MFB Winder: 68 teeth

It is true, though, that the difference does not affect power.
Hmm, good to know looks like I will definitly be using the String Launcher. But does the longer string on the Hasbro BeyLaunchers give it more spin than the Takara Tomy BeyLaunchers? And did they say they would put the Dragon Winders in with Ldrago?