TCGs you play or used to play.

(Sep. 10, 2008  2:06 AM)Grey Wrote: I wish I would've gotten some cards from the KH TCG. Kingdom Hearts is awesome. cougheventhoughthesecondkindasuckedcough

exactly
WHATTTT NONE OF YOU LIKE MAGIC?

Magic>Duel Masters, it's the same gameplay basically, except you need to actually put some thought into constructing your deck and consider the ratios of lands to summons. I enjoyed the mechanics of DM, loved the shield concept and everything, but the game tried to be too much like Yugioh, in my opinion. And I hate how much I've spent on that stupid Yugioh card game X_X
If I was to get into a CCG right now, it'd be Magic. It's solid as a rock.

The only thing I like about Yu-Gi-Oh! is Trap Cards. What a great idea.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If I was to get into a CCG right now, it'd be Magic. It's solid as a rock.

and the bewd. you gave it an awesome review. Use Monster Reborn and kablamo!
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:33 AM)Elmo Wrote: WHATTTT NONE OF YOU LIKE MAGIC?

Magic>Duel Masters, it's the same gameplay basically, except you need to actually put some thought into constructing your deck and consider the ratios of lands to summons. I enjoyed the mechanics of DM, loved the shield concept and everything, but the game tried to be too much like Yugioh, in my opinion. And I hate how much I've spent on that stupid Yugioh card game X_X

Could u explain how DM was like yugioh again? Shield-Triggers are SORT OF like traps and spells but thats about it...And how dont u need thought into the deck? What did U do in your DM decks? Pick a civilization, add around 6 Shield Triggers, and like 25 creatures that were powerful?
I meant the OVER 9000 carp. Bigger numbers make little kiddies go "OOOOOOOOOOH", except me ._.

Also, the art reminds me so much of Yugioh, as well as the overall card designs.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:54 AM)Elmo Wrote: I meant the OVER 9000 carp. Bigger numbers make little kiddies go "OOOOOOOOOOH", except me ._.

Also, the art reminds me so much of Yugioh, as well as the overall card designs.

Duel Master cards had such ugly creatures depicted for many of the tribes. Even the McDonalds' ones look like they belong in a horror movie.

Also, thank goodness Decipher's Beyblade TCG died after like the first set, that was horrible, the only alright thing about it was the fact cards could be customized. I never did it though, never wanted stickers all over my cards.
Eh, the "Ugly" ones tend to be in Darkness/Nature civilisation. But they arnt THAT bad. And about the "over 9000" thing, thats one of the strengths of it some creatures are PURELY meant to destroy other creatures in battle. thats like saying "Lets not make a way to destroy this Ultimate creature!"
Magic seems so depressing to me. Just because of the illustrations.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:43 AM)G Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If I was to get into a CCG right now, it'd be Magic. It's solid as a rock.

HAHAHA how did you find that you son of a carp
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:03 AM)Gotruto Wrote: And about the "over 9000" thing, thats one of the strengths of it some creatures are PURELY meant to destroy other creatures in battle. thats like saying "Lets not make a way to destroy this Ultimate creature!"

Could they possibly take a few 0's off? Maybe lessen it by 3 digits? 9 still is > than 8, iirc
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:37 AM)Elmo Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:03 AM)Gotruto Wrote: And about the "over 9000" thing, thats one of the strengths of it some creatures are PURELY meant to destroy other creatures in battle. thats like saying "Lets not make a way to destroy this Ultimate creature!"

Could they possibly take a few 0's off? Maybe lessen it by 3 digits? 9 still is > than 8, iirc

This is one of the things I liked about Magic. It always seemed to be about the gameplay itself and not making shocking cards.

That being said, though it's not a CCG, I really want to try Heroscape.
W/E gets them more sales. it doesnt really hurt anything.
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:43 AM)G Wrote:

HAHAHA how did you find that you son of a carp

I knew you were like Pojo's "Tamer Brad" back in OtC and I remember seeing that review when it came out. I just checked today and saw it was still up :p
to be fair it was a pretty common strategy at that point lol
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:12 AM)Kei Wrote: Magic seems so depressing to me. Just because of the illustrations.

I know what you mean. I got started in Magic about a year ago, right when Lorwyn came out. It was all happy and sunshine, but then Wizards decided that nothing can ever have a happy ending and released Shadowmoor. It was interesting to see the once light-hearted creatures of Lorwyn turn all twisted and corrupt, but I still preferred Lorwyn over Shadowmoor, creature-wise.

I don't really play Magic much anymore, though. Not because of the art, but rather because my Friendly Local Game Store has nothing but competitive players, and I don't feel like investing the time and money required to play at their level. I do occasionally throw together crazy decks; right now I have a W/U/G Scarecrows deck (it's terrible), and I'd like to build a W/G deck that does nothing but crank out Kithkin Soldier/Elf Warrior tokens.

Besides MtG, I've also played a few other games: I played Pokemon for a short time after it first came out (back when they gave you glass beads to track health with). I'm also sort-of into Chaotic, but I haven't played too much recently since I don't know any players in my area and the online client is on my Windows partition, plus I'm a little iffy on how balanced it is.

I'm also eyeing Geek Fight, simply because it's inexpensive and I like the ideas behind it.

As for Heroscape, it sounds cool enough that if I had somebody to play it with I'd probably get into it.
My cards are probably pretty outdated, but I mainly used a R/G deck, strong Green creatures with Goblins/Goblin Grenade (probably illegal gamebreaker). I like W/B control though, too bad I had no one to play with after 5th grade.

Heroscape looks really good, I just never wanted to invest that much money on it (I bought tons of Magic cards cheap at carboots in England), and like you, no one who cares about board/tcg/ccg games
I used to know how to play the pokemon TCG and I really hate Duel Master's simply because I believe they actually DID play Magic the Gathering before it was switched over (EVER so slightly). I still have a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards and I dig the game as a whole it's just really fun to play.
I used to play Pokemon. A Wizards of the Coast was at the mall 4 minutes away from me when I was 9-11 years old. I used to play with my best friend, and it was fun for a while. But then, these old people started coming and just destroying the kids. It was ridiculous. There was a balding forty-year-old that looked like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons, only with glasses. He showed up every week.

I stopped coming when old people outnumbered kids. I just wanted some promo cards and to play with my friends, but it was impossible to win when you have adults with literally at least four of every rare card.
Used to play: Duel masters, Monster rancher
Still play: yugioh, pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh! and the DBZ CCG.

Holy carp, the DBZ CCG was the greatest card game ever.
(Sep. 10, 2008  1:02 PM)J.P. Black Wrote: Yu-Gi-Oh! and the DBZ CCG.

Holy carp, the DBZ CCG was the greatest card game ever.

I used to play that! It cost a lot of money to play though. but never as much as magic would've if I played that competatively like Dreamborn's brother does.
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:37 AM)Elmo Wrote:

This is one of the things I liked about Magic. It always seemed to be about the gameplay itself and not making shocking cards.

That being said, though it's not a CCG, I really want to try Heroscape.

Heroscape is an awesome game and you should play the first chance you get. For real I played the first time and play like 13 games after that just because.
I used to play with Dragonball Z cards, Pokemon cards, Duel Masters cards... Hmm, lets see now. Oh yeah, I played the beyblade one for a bit but never really got into it.
(Sep. 10, 2008  6:47 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: I used to play with Dragonball Z cards, Pokemon cards, Duel Masters cards... Hmm, lets see now. Oh yeah, I played the beyblade one for a bit but never really got into it.

Seeing how much half of the cards I gave to my friends after I stopped playing duel master on ebay makes me want to cry. I could've gotten a fair bit.