[Sydney,Australia ]BEY BATTLE CONFERENCE TOURNEY

Poll: Where should the tourney be?

87 Ablukea rd marsfield
26.09%
Burwood Park
73.91%
Total: 100% 23 vote(s)
Man i cant go got a party that day, oh well hope you all have fun.
Will anybody be filming on the day?
ILL FILM one thing i wish there were prizez or somehting or ppl selling does any one have a ray fill RSF tip there willing to give to me (mine like died and turned into a xrf)
ill pay if u want but i want for free any way
so yeah ill hope we get more ppl
Just double checking metal fusion is also allowed right?
(Feb. 28, 2011  8:14 AM)^Kakashi^ Wrote: Just double checking metal fusion is also allowed right?

Definatly Im using one
Flame LIbra T125ES
Same here for the Libra.
Yes Metal fusion is allowed, Akiras dady sells stadiums for $55 with 7 days - 14 days Postage
wait are u guys hasbro ppl
im half tomy/hasbro blader
any way i think i can come but i want it in burewood

EDIT if u want ill film but.... if i film the whole thing can some one give me a rsf tip I STILL FILM but i really want something in return
....wait do we bring staduims ill bring my staduim
we got to make this official it will be so kool
also GREENXBLADER YUR EPIC ....any way yeah i probably need help with rules and such so yeah if this becomes official im coming
so yeah DAMN I WONT HAVE MY MAXIMUM BEYS BY THEN Unhappy but any way i hope we enjoy OMG I CANT SLIDE SHOOT IM SCREWED LOL
yeah ill ask kai-V again and with the amount we have now yeah we might make it OFFICAial
People intrested
greenxblader(maybe)
Nile
storm pegasus
kakashi
Bakers dozen
bey ninja
Darkblader
Dephlect
glinny
Pickachu0909
Regi3
Infinatey Libra
Mtblades123
Garlon
The number of participants is exactly what the problem is ... As far as I know that would be your first tournament, and you are really not ready to deal with so many Bladers in Sydney; that is the impression I get anyway. You are going to be overwhelmed, especially since at this point Double Elimination has to be used in Australia because there are way too many people. Do you know how Double Elimination works ?
What if Nile hosts 2 tournaments with for the 1st torny he takes say the top 7 bladers from the lists, and then the 2nd torny he takes the last 8 people from the list?

I mean, since you say he's not ready to deal with so many bladers, 2 events would be able to shorten the amout, and everyone would be able to go.
First of all, there needs to be at least eight participants for it to be considered a tournament and not just a meet-up. However, you can be sure that more people would come anyway.
oh okay Kai-V so We need More than Nine people to Confirm they can come oh so can it be official if we get enough people
Kyoya-S isnt coming I asked him and his not allowed and I am going if its offical
This is how a double elimination works:
http://ipsedixit.net/croquet/articles/formats/
well there is a win group and a lose group
every one first starts of from the win group and however loses from that group moves to the lose group and they battle the lost people necesarily the win group will have less battles and is quicker
oh ookay
oh Kai-v i have done my research on the double elimination and i know how it works I hope you can believe that i can handle this tourney
Great thax but 20 pp is the Limit if you ask me Niceley maybe 25 But no more so theres only 6 spots left
i might bring a friend but i dont think he can come so jsut in case add him in
Who is he and what his username
i will join but burwood park?? or marsfield???
Burwood park
Burwood park has won
No, why host it there if we already have a relationship with the good games In bur wood?if you want to make this a proper tournament you should organize it through them as raykon and I have done. It helps with validity and gives a more specific area to meet.

There's no reason to limIt the participants either, as double elimination works best with more people. With 20 people it's very easy to host a block style round robin.

Doesn't raykon already have a thread up for April holidays? Once I get back to Australia I'll fix up what's going on in the Sydney community and tournaments so as to benefit the Sydney bey community
so.... what you gonna do??? u gonna cancel this??
well it doesn't really matter 4 me

p.s good to see you MANJU!!! where u been? actually i sent a email haven't you seen it?
Okay moji but for the moment raykon wont be back for a few weeks so I'm going to try out burwood park or good games but at good games if alot of people comes it becomes stuffy
I know how stuffed it gets in good games, and if you have 30 or so people it should ve fine, and now that we've talked to the people moving tables won't be a problem.

Raykon and I have both done all aspects of tournament organization before, although primarily he takes care of getting people to come who are close to him while I do more ofnthe background work.

Also, who will be judging? You'll need to have a very woodworking knowledge of thie rulebook, and you'll need quite a few judges for things to move quickly. How many stadiums can you provide?

Bur wood park isn't exactly a good venue as it's hard to find a level playing field, tips and parts easily get damaged from the concrete etc and it is less trustworthy for the first timers and younger bladders to attend.

Last time I kind of run the whole thing with around 40 people from memory and it's very strenuous.