Switch to Swiss from Block Round Robin

Tournaments will be a lot easier to run with large numbers with Swiss format. I wouldn't have used Round Robin if I'd understood Swiss at the time the rules were written. Just my two cents.
Is there somewhere I can read up on this format?
I just went searching here Pyro : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament
I must be even stupider than I thought: I didn't get anything you said. Nothing.

Then again, it's probably not directed towards me, so I'll just be quiet and try to understand.
(Sep. 02, 2010  8:58 PM)Pyro Wrote: Is there somewhere I can read up on this format?

I'm guessing he's talking about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament, hope i helped

EDIT: Beaten
Having experience with both, I prefer Swiss by far. For larger tournaments, may I suggest Swiss with a cut to Top 8 or Top 4, then standard one match elimination?
Yeah, they use this style in Yu-Gi-Oh Tournaments and it works really well.
(Sep. 02, 2010  11:39 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Yeah, they use this style in Yu-Gi-Oh Tournaments and it works really well.

They also use it in nearly all Magic: The Gathering tournaments. Having attended the Nationals in my home state, I can tell you personally it's fantastic for large groups.
I think this is a good option, however for the relatively small fan bases (i.e, australia) a round robin should still be implemented.
I think for smaller tournaments round robin is fine. Swiss should be for larger events, where currently Block Round Robin is used,
Err for larger tournaments, we've been using double elimination. :3
I read only a certain first portion of the wikipedia article, but it seems to say that if all players cannot play at the same time, another system should be used, hah. For instance, in tennis, you often do not have enough courts, and here, in Beyblade, I think sometimes there are not enough stadiums.
I've run Swiss Tournaments playing only a few matches at the same time, but I understand your concern. My serious suggestion would be to ask some people who run tournaments for other games how you should do it. I think Round Robin Block isn't the most efficient.
I definately don't think Round Robin Block is bad, but Swiss may be better. I just can't wrap my head around it, but I'm trying.

We definitely need something new for tournaments with 40+ turnout. Fray and BoG were nightmares to run.