Super Mario Sunshine

Tamer Brad Wrote:Twilight Princess is the black sheep?

Sorry, did you forget about

[Image: 84.jpg]

EDIT: Where the hell are you getting this info that Wind Waker tanked? It sold amazingly well.

Sorry, I didn't mean that it didn't sell well, I meant in comparison to the other games in the Zelda series. When the Wii and Twilight Princess launched the ratio was almost 1:1. According to Wikipedia (which I know isn't the best source), during its first week the game was being sold alongside three of every four Wii purchases, meaning that almost every Wii owner also owned TP.

And of course we all know that OoT was amazingly popular with the N64.

Oh and yes I did forget about Zelda II. I think everyone did their best to erase that game from their memory. lol
Wikipedia Wrote:The game also met commercial success, propelling sales of the GameCube console[27] and becoming the most successful pre-order campaign in Nintendo history.[28] As of July 2006 The Wind Waker was the 13th highest selling game of the 21st century, with 2.2 million copies sold in North America alone.[29]
I loved both TP and Super Mario Sunshine, although the latter had too much water I think.

I preordered Wind Waker. They gave out a free copy of OoT and OoT Master Quest with every pre-order. That's two games for the price of 1!

On a side note, I never actually beat OoT until a week before TP came out. I never had it for N64, and I'm a lazy video game player.
Ocarina of Time is a good game I have it for my 64 and I am stuck on the water temple area, but if they also remade it for Wii IT WOULD KICK EVEN MORE carp!!! am I right??. Majoras mask was ok I liked how you could become a zora thats my fav mask.
They did remake OoT for Wii. It's called Twilight Princess and it isn't as good. Grin

Seriously, OoT still looks great, it doesn't need a remake at all.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Seriously, OoT still looks great, it doesn't need a remake at all.

Except for all the pointy breasts lol.

Seriously, OoT was one of the most fresh looking 64 games there was.
Tamer Brad Wrote:They did remake OoT for Wii. It's called Twilight Princess and it isn't as good. Grin

NO no no thats not a remake its a whole new zelda game. I mean that they should give OoT TP graghics then it would look more amazing.
Litrid Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:They did remake OoT for Wii. It's called Twilight Princess and it isn't as good. Grin

NO no no thats not a remake its a whole new zelda game. I mean that they should give OoT TP graghics then it would look more amazing.

He was joking bro.
Haha, the pointy breasts. Smile Seriously, when I play OoT, I think it looks better than a lot of the games coming out today. It's amazing what a strong art direction can do for the visuals of a game.

And TP was close enough to OoT for me to say that there sure as hell does not need to be an OoT remake. Can't wait to see a real Wii Zelda.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Haha, the pointy breasts. Smile Seriously, when I play OoT, I think it looks better than a lot of the games coming out today. It's amazing what a strong art direction can do for the visuals of a game.

And TP was close enough to OoT for me to say that there sure as hell does not need to be an OoT remake. Can't wait to see a real Wii Zelda.

seriously?

art direction I can see, but Zelda OOT goes for realism...and its N64 realism.
Artie Wrote:seriously?

If you think this game looks realistic, get your eyes checked. That wasn't the attempt at all.
This is something I encounter all over the internet.
OoT =/= Realistic.
OoT = Anime, presented in a consistent fashion which makes the world appear believable*.

*I spam every "realism vs cel-shading" debate I see with this word.

Edit: I'm a carp.
So if it doesn't equal those things, what would you say it is?
Edited because I'm drunk/sleep deprived/stupid/illiterate/ruler of a small island off of the coast of Zimbabwe.(delete as applicable)
I wouldn't say the style is anime at all. I'd say it's an animated, cartoon style, but not anime.
I'm not sure I would use the term cartoon, stylised certainly.
Cartoon has connotations of sillyness and exaggeration, which, while they exist within OoT, aren't a huge part of the overall art direction. (should I begin counting down to pictures of the Gerudos' noses?)
PRINCEcharming Wrote:I'm not sure I would use the term cartoon, stylised certainly.
Cartoon has connotations of sillyness and exaggeration, which, while they exist within OoT, aren't a huge part of the overall art direction. (should I begin counting down to pictures of the Gerudos' noses?)

I'd say count down to this:

Two characters that are obvious nods to another, far more cartoony, Nintendo franchise aren't really indicative of the wider reaches of the art direction.

[Image: Ganon.jpg]
Now that I think about it, I can't think of any of Nintendo's direct franchises -- other than Pokemon -- that are based in anime. Not saying there aren't any, though.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Now that I think about it, I can't think of any of Nintendo's direct franchises -- other than Pokemon -- that are based in anime. Not saying there aren't any, though.
anime=cartoons in japan so lol
lolsam1337 Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Now that I think about it, I can't think of any of Nintendo's direct franchises -- other than Pokemon -- that are based in anime. Not saying there aren't any, though.
anime=cartoons in japan so lol

good thing we're not in japan and therefore this isn't relevant to our accepted meaning of the word at all
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:seriously?

If you think this game looks realistic, get your eyes checked. That wasn't the attempt at all.

I think it was realistic, for the time. Look at the reviews for the game when it came out; everyone was nerdgasming over the graphics.

Sure it isn't 2007 realism, but for its time it was one of the most realistic games ever made.

I'm a victim of it all the time, but honestly your statement sounds like nostalgia.
It isn't. I don't think the game looks realistic at all. I think it has good graphics, but I don't think it looks realistic.

It's really not nostalgia, the game still looks amazing and I prefer it over the muddy sepia direction games seem to be going.
Tamer Brad Wrote:It isn't. I don't think the game looks realistic at all. I think it has good graphics, but I don't think it looks realistic.

It's really not nostalgia, the game still looks amazing and I prefer it over the muddy sepia direction games seem to be going.

Depends on how you see art, and your preference in graphics I guess. However, we can agree that on a technical level graphic wise, OOT is light years beyond current games.
I think you mean light years behind? And yes, of course it is. I'm not trying to say it stands up to current games in terms of literal graphics. I'm saying -- in a rather broad sense -- it's more enjoyable to look at than many modern games.