Sup Brah

Hey my names Geoff I'm from Ohio and I'm 17. I'm joining this site with my buddy Narusuke in hopes of getting back into Beyblades.

I used to play a lot a couple years ago but stopped when the games popularity died down. When I got word of a new version of Beyblades coming out I thought it might be cool to get back into it and Naru found this site and here we are now.

This might be a bit off topic for an introductory thread but I'm really curious about a few things. I would like to get into this as a competitive player and would like to know what the absolute necessities are for that like where should I start are older blades or their parts still used? I've been browsing the site and the wiki a bit but it's all over the place with information and I can't really imagine the older plastic blades standing up to these new metal ones. Also I would like to know if there is a page displaying information on the most competitive blades and their parts, sorry if I missed it but I tried looking for it before posting. Any help getting back into the competitive scene would be very much appreciated.

Nice site by the way, glad to see so many fans still around.
Welcome to the WBO, others will explain everyuthing you need to know! Grin
If you're just getting into Beyblade now, focus on the new Metal Fight series. Older Beyblades are rather expensive and there's no point spending huge money to get into them now.

As for competitive Beyblades to buy, check this out:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Want-to-...-Look-here

This is the best way to start out right now.

We really should set up a metagame basics page though, so thanks for that idea. Welcome to the WBO Smile
Agreed, something like that would help new members, especially since we've started getting so many lately.
Anyways, welcome to the WBO! As I said before, I live near Naru and if you guys ever want to set anything up, my brother and I would be interested.
Hey dude. Welcome to WBO Smile Hope you enjoy it here.
And you should check out Metal Fight Beyblade Wink
Welcome to wbo Smile
(Apr. 10, 2009  5:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're just getting into Beyblade now, focus on the new Metal Fight series. Older Beyblades are rather expensive and there's no point spending huge money to get into them now.

We really should set up a metagame basics page though, so thanks for that idea. Welcome to the WBO Smile

Thanks for the info.

After looking over the wiki a bit more it seems like most of the information is dated back to the older Beyblades. I was wondering if someone could tell me if any of it can be applied to the newer models and maybe tell me what has changed significantly about the parts, like will the strategies listed still work with new models and are there still curved attack rings to Force Smash and Upper Attack other blades?

Even though you said there aren't any specific places to look for information on the metagame could you give me some kind of idea of whats more popular or successful in this new generation between the types? (Attack, Defense, Balance, Survival, Zombie and whatever else if they still work)

Thanks in advance and I appreciate the warm welcome!
Well,Im really late but,Welcome to WBO,You should add yourself to the map and see if any Bladers are in your area.Sorry I dont have a link to the map but its the at the top of the page
Most of the information that relates to non-specific parts is still applicable to MFB. We don't have enough MFB-only content yet, something that we plan to rectify over the summer when we will get caught up. I have a massive MFB shipment coming after the release of Flame Sagittario this month.

If you read around a bit you'll see that right now the most popular combos are based on Libra (Stamina) and Storm Pegasis + Rubber Flat (Attack). Because there's a lag between a product release in Japan and overseas Bladers getting them, information is limited for the weeks following release until the product is in the hands of players.
(Apr. 10, 2009  6:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Most of the information that relates to non-specific parts is still applicable to MFB. We don't have enough MFB-only content yet, something that we plan to rectify over the summer when we will get caught up. I have a massive MFB shipment coming after the release of Flame Sagittario this month.

If you read around a bit you'll see that right now the most popular combos are based on Libra (Stamina) and Storm Pegasis + Rubber Flat (Attack). Because there's a lag between a product release in Japan and overseas Bladers getting them, information is limited for the weeks following release until the product is in the hands of players.

Alright I didn't know that the new blades JUST came out I thought they had been out for a little while my bad.

I added myself to the map already by the way I have a few people close to me hopefully we can battle once I get a blade put together.
Libra's been out for a while -- and subsequently talked t death -- but Storm Pegasis, Rock Leone and Dark Wolf just came out last week.
Well now we have ANOTHER thing to add to our BIG LIST OF carp TO DO, eh Geoff?
(Apr. 10, 2009  5:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're just getting into Beyblade now, focus on the new Metal Fight series. Older Beyblades are rather expensive and there's no point spending huge money to get into them now.

Great idea, I remeber when I first joined I was overwhelmed by the amount of threads and didn't know where to start so this would help a great deal.
Welcome Grin
(Apr. 11, 2009  12:18 AM)NeekAlert Wrote: Great idea, I remeber when I first joined I was overwhelmed by the amount of threads and didn't know where to start so this would help a great deal.

Im with you, bit overwhelmed by all the knowledge. But there are some really great tutorials on here there for things the tutorial for Yahoo Japan Actions was a huge help.
(Apr. 11, 2009  3:44 AM)Narusuke Wrote: Im with you, bit overwhelmed by all the knowledge. But there are some really great tutorials on here there for things the tutorial for Yahoo Japan Actions was a huge help.

My girlfriend wrote it Grin
Your girlfriend rocks then, seriously couldn't figure out how to work that site for a minute Tongue_out Now I just need to get some money loaded onto a prepaid CC for my Paypal account, last time I moved I closed my bank account T_T