Strategies for 2 vs 2 in Big Beystadium

Hey guys, does anyone have a decent working strategy for 2v2 battles in a big bey stadium?

My friend's daughter has won several WBBA tournaments, and she will be invited for the local preliminaries of Singapore Indonesia Malaysia Cup 2019

However, the preliminaries will be held in a 2v2 format in a big beystadium, and you are partnered with another random player, so any strategy we usually have is thrown out of the window. Worse yet, we don't have big beystadium so we can't do any real tests.

The only strategy I can think of is having an opposite spin from your partner, making sure you're not going to kill your own teammate.

Edit: I think we are allowed to use any parts up to the end of ChoZ, since GT has not been released yet in retail stores in our area
(Oct. 14, 2019  2:22 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Hey guys, does anyone have a decent working strategy for 2v2 battles in a big bey stadium?

My friend's daughter has won several WBBA tournaments, and she will be invited for the local preliminaries of Singapore Indonesia Malaysia Cup 2019

However, the preliminaries will be held in a 2v2 format in a big beystadium, and you are partnered with another random player, so any strategy we usually have is thrown out of the window. Worse yet, we don't have big beystadium so we can't do any real tests.

The only strategy I can think of is making sure you are the opposite spin from your partner, making sure you're not going to kill your own teammate.

Edit: I think we are allowed to use any parts up to the end of ChoZ, since GT has not been released yet in retail stores in our area

Idk for sure, but Balkesh B3 (don't use Arc Bahamut) 00W Br seems to work well for me in group matches. Cho-Z Spriggan could replace the layer for the Balkesh combo, but maybe a Tornado Staller Combo like Perfect Phoenix Outer Volcanic' could work as well
Some good strategies could be using Zephyr' on one Bey and the other person uses a stationary Bey so that they don't hit each other very often. Another strategy is to use Cho-Z Spriggan 0 Bump Atomic in Left and something like Crash Ragnaruk 00 Expand Destroy' because they won't hit each other very hard. If the big stadium is the B-50 the first strategy will be better because Destroy' moves weirdly in it. If the Stadium is the newer B-00 Big BeyStadium that released in April of this year, then the second strategy might work better. If it's the Decagone Stadium, it doesn't matter that much which one you choose as long as your opponents aren't going for the hyper aggressive approach.
(Oct. 14, 2019  2:29 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2019  2:22 AM)eigerblade Wrote: Hey guys, does anyone have a decent working strategy for 2v2 battles in a big bey stadium?

The only strategy I can think of is making sure you are the opposite spin from your partner, making sure you're not going to kill your own teammate.

Idk for sure, but Balkesh B3 (don't use Arc Bahamut) 00W Br seems to work well for me in group matches. Cho-Z Spriggan could replace the layer for the Balkesh combo, but maybe a Tornado Staller Combo like Perfect Phoenix Outer Volcanic' could work as well

That pP combo might not be suitable for the Big BeyStadium since it has no circular ridge for it to actually stall (and that it can only be used with awakened Volcanic/' otherwise it'll die before it hits anything).

Probably for a 2v2 it would be best to have opposite spin partners, with a spin-equalizing one with a stationary Driver and a mobile stalling one (maybe Xt+ stamina mode/Bearing/Orbit Metal and Atomic/Xt+ defense mode/Zephyr'/Dimension' flat modes).

I don't think rubber-tipped Drivers would help on this setup since it'll probably have the tendency of KO into pockets (or worse, they escape the pockets but either Burst or lose too much stamina and end up being useless mid-battle anyways).

Serious contenders you can choose from would probably be the Chouzetsu trifecta (Valkyrie/Spriggan/Achilles), pP, hS, Sr, mG, oE, cR, aH, dH, dF, gF.

Most probably the same strategy will be applied by your opponents, so either way, you just have to choose your combos wisely and tune-up your parts synergy (balance, spin time, etc). 

For stallers, you'd have best advantage with flat hard launches (which should go the same for the spin equalizer in your team if against same spin). 

You'd try sliding shoot if you think both opposing Beys would just retain on the center of the Stadium to get in some hits (as long as they're in same spin).

If in case you decide to go and use both Beys as stationary combos, you better practice having the optimally same launch power with your partner to avoid killing off each other before you actually get hits on the opposing team. 

There's a lot of stuff to take into consideration with a 2v2 setup (which I'd already be giddy just thinking about the planning alone), so what I suggested above are just how I would tackle such possible matchups
(Oct. 14, 2019  4:13 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: There's a lot of stuff to take into consideration with a 2v2 setup (which I'd already be giddy just thinking about the planning alone), so what I suggested above are just how I would tackle such possible matchups

Hoo boy, you said it. Its like trying out a whole different game. I've thought about having one patrolling and one in the middle too, along with an assortment of other crazy ideas.

I assume things will be a lot more random (and hilarious) than strategic, though. If both teams have a similar idea, for example, two left spinning ChoZ Spriggan Bearing will do a double suicide in the middle of the arena, while two beys circle around witnessing their macabre ritual.

But wait, having a teammate kamikaze to take out one opponent like that could make the battle easier to control since it comes down to a one on one..

I think my current plan is to have a left spinning Orbit combo to take the middle and kill any left spinning Bearing or Xtend+ (stamina) user by outspinning them, while another would circle the arena with either Atomic or Xtend+ (defense). 

If a bey runs out of stamina, do we leave them inside like the armor on phoenix? If so, any LAD combo might be hindered.

I think my biggest problem is the fact that our partner will be randomized on the spot, so it tips the scale over to luck rather than strategy even more. Another factor is the lack of tests I can do without the actual big stadium on hand. It gives my excitement a dash of anxiety as well, even though I'm not even the one who will be playing lol.

One thing for sure, it will be a blast to watch.
(Oct. 14, 2019  6:17 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2019  4:13 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: There's a lot of stuff to take into consideration with a 2v2 setup (which I'd already be giddy just thinking about the planning alone), so what I suggested above are just how I would tackle such possible matchups

Hoo boy, you said it. Its like trying out a whole different game. I've thought about having one patrolling and one in the middle too, along with an assortment of other crazy ideas.

I assume things will be a lot more random (and hilarious) than strategic, though. If both teams have a similar idea, for example, two left spinning ChoZ Spriggan Bearing will do a double suicide in the middle of the arena, while two beys circle around witnessing their macabre ritual.

But wait, having a teammate kamikaze to take out one opponent like that could make the battle easier to control since it comes down to a one on one..

I think my current plan is to have a left spinning Orbit combo to take the middle and kill any left spinning Bearing or Xtend+ (stamina) user by outspinning them, while another would circle the arena with either Atomic or Xtend+ (defense). 

If a bey runs out of stamina, do we leave them inside like the armor on phoenix? If so, any LAD combo might be hindered.

I think my biggest problem is the fact that our partner will be randomized on the spot, so it tips the scale over to luck rather than strategy even more. Another factor is the lack of tests I can do without the actual big stadium on hand. It gives my excitement a dash of anxiety as well, even though I'm not even the one who will be playing lol.

Ohhh carp, I totally did not read the "random partner" part lol. So yeah, strategy is most probably going to be to survive the longest. Best use for it would probably be (LC) pP.Outer.Xt+ (stamina mode) and launch as hard as possible and hope that even if your partner dies in battle you come out as the survivor lol

It just occurred to me as well that people might just spam the same combos eitherways so it'll boil down to who launches hardest and best mold wins
Hey! Us in Singapore recently had a 2v2 tournament a month or two back. However, this was without the release of ChoA/ChoS/ChoV, so my observations may not be accurate with the current meta.

I found that most decks at that time used Destroy and Atomic. There were people using Bearing too. I thought about the theory of using Orbit to outspin remaining beys in the stadium, but it didn't really hold true somehow - beys still continued to equalize, and my Orbit beys just lost to spin finish against opposite spin combos on Ds/At.

I'm assuming you're from Malaysia, and I believe Ds' is legal there. That would be my top choice for the 2v2 format. The other choice would be either At or Xt+. I'm not sure about Xt+'s performance in 2v2s, but I'd assume it to be one of the better ones at least.

As for launching strategies, work with your partner to ensure that both of you don't aim at the same spot, and that the initial trajectories of your beys don't intersect. One of the most probable cause for losses is clashing into your own teammate and bursting/KOing them.

Also, there are small pockets around the side of the stadium that felt like good places to launch. Launching there would make your bey go toward the center after some delay, so it saves your bey from clashing with other's for a short period of time.

(Oct. 14, 2019  6:17 AM)eigerblade Wrote: If a bey runs out of stamina, do we leave them inside like the armor on phoenix? If so, any LAD combo might be hindered.

- Yes, the "dead" beys should be left inside till the match is over. They do interfere with LAD combos, but not as much as I initially expected them to.

- The random partner system sounds so stupid, especially for an important qualifier tournament like this. I suspect that they'd group players "randomly" by having players pair with the person in front or behind in the queue. So maybe you can improve your odds by making your daughter queue in between two good players?
(Oct. 14, 2019  3:08 PM)KingSpin Wrote: I'm assuming you're from Malaysia, and I believe Ds' is legal there. That would be my top choice for the 2v2 format. The other choice would be either At or Xt+. I'm not sure about Xt+'s performance in 2v2s, but I'd assume it to be one of the better ones at least.

(Oct. 14, 2019  6:17 AM)eigerblade Wrote: If a bey runs out of stamina, do we leave them inside like the armor on phoenix? If so, any LAD combo might be hindered.

I think my biggest problem is the fact that our partner will be randomized on the spot, so it tips the scale over to luck rather than strategy even more. 

- Yes, the "dead" beys should be left inside till the match is over. They do interfere with LAD combos, but not as much as I initially expected them to.

- The random partner system sounds so stupid, especially for an important qualifier tournament like this. I suspect that they'd group players "randomly" by having players pair with the person in front or behind in the queue. So maybe you can improve your odds by making your daughter queue in between two good players?

I'm actually from Indonesia. We're totally the underdogs here compared to Singapore or Malaysia lol.

Yeah it feels weird to have such a randomized format as a prelim for a competitive event but we gotta deal with it.

Thanks for the great inputs. I think the toy store in the mall where the prelim will happen should have the big stadium so we can try things out first.