State of the Introductory Forum

(Jun. 17, 2012  3:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think messages like : "Be careful not to get warned!" are a lot more detrimental than telling a new Member that they can contact you if they have any questions. I am convinced that I still get most of the messages anyway. In any case, perhaps whatever the question will be is one of the few things the other person does know, at least. They cannot be clueless about everything here, even after only a few weeks.

I know I get quite a few week. Im not really against the newer members saying "PM me if you need help" If they know what they are doing. We have a few new members who do know what they are doing.
*cough*ME!*cough*

Anyway, I agree there should be rules in the Introductery Forum. Either that or a moderator.*cough*Me*cough*

The Committee should have a vote to either keep it the way it is, add a mod just for that forum, make the rules stricter and add a mod, or just make the rules stricter and not have a special mod, and dollop out warnings every time you see something wrong.
You list all those possibilities as if making posts not count in that forum was not a reasonable option.
(Jun. 17, 2012  1:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You list all those possibilities as if making posts not count in that forum was not a reasonable option.

Well obviously it is, but that doesn't stop people from SPAMMING the threads. It only helps. If there are no rules and strictness in that forum, then people will not stop SPAMMING.
(Jun. 17, 2012  1:49 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: Well obviously it is, but that doesn't stop people from SPAMMING the threads. It only helps. If there are no rules and strictness in that forum, then people will not stop SPAMMING.

People will not be SPAMming to increase their postcount ... It actually decreases their desire to post a lot, and normal forum rules still apply.
I don' think I worded that post correctly. What I meant was that there should be special rules for that forum. Without those rules, people are more likely to SPAM without realizing it.
(Jun. 17, 2012  12:21 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: *cough*ME!*cough*

Anyway, I agree there should be rules in the Introductery Forum. Either that or a moderator.*cough*Me*cough*

The Committee should have a vote to either keep it the way it is, add a mod just for that forum, make the rules stricter and add a mod, or just make the rules stricter and not have a special mod, and dollop out warnings every time you see something wrong.

To be honest, you've been way too eager to become a moderator. In many of the threads, you have already been a mini-mod. If you keep self-advertising yourself, chances are that you will never become a moderator. I didn't want to call you out on this but I had to. So just letting you know, the blue ones will come to you...you don't have to do all this. Anyways, if there would ever be a moderator of the intro forum, it should be Dark because he is the one who usually posts there (properly)...

(Jun. 17, 2012  3:13 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: LIST 'O REASONS

Seriously, people who openly make another account and state they were banned from the old one do not even deserve a computer.
Methinks the WBO has a way of listing IP adresses so if you see the same one twice, just monitor the account to see if its the same person.

"Hi I am BestBlader, I was banned before and my account name was Superman."
[Image: animated_gif_002_banzai_laughing.gif]
(Jun. 17, 2012  3:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2012  3:13 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Text Removed

Congratulations, now returning banned members will know exactly what to avoid doing.

Not smart.
This is the kind of thing PM's are for....

(Jun. 17, 2012  6:32 PM)Vortex-S Wrote: Seriously, people who openly make another account and state they were banned from the old one do not even deserve a computer.
Methinks the WBO has a way of listing IP adresses so if you see the same one twice, just monitor the account to see if its the same person.
Not to be rude or insult anyone, but it's things like this that make me question the intelligence rate of the average person.

Over on Otaku Space, I can click on a members profile, and search for their IP address. Once done, it will display all of the accounts registered under the address. It's very useful when going after people like this. I'm sure WBO has something similar, if not, the same.

It's not not that I am eager, I just want to help. Besides, it was just a joke.
(Jun. 18, 2012  1:45 AM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: It's not not that I am eager, I just want to help. Besides, it was just a joke.
Joke or not, it was probably taken seriously. If you do want to be a mod, the best way to show is by being a good member.

And by being a good member, it is good to help and report posts and SPAM. Which I do.
Back on topic now...