Standard and Universal Rules Release 1, WBO Event Guide Release 2, and more!

Hey World Bladers!

I know it's been a long time since the last update ... which was a bit of a disruptive one. To get it out of the way now, the new BeyPoints system is not read yet. However, we're on track to have it done by September.

Speaking of it, how's it working out? With the fees and such? I'm happy to say that the fees have been a rather large boon to the WBO! I've been able to afford supplies that should last us for quite some time, and hopefully we can have a contest soon. All the costs for the site are being covered perfectly, and overall we're just simply in a great position right now. And today, we finally reached 2000 members! That's just incredible. Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to all of the Bladers who've joined us on our journey. You've all shown that the world will never forget Beyblade.

So, onto the updates!

The WBO Rule Book has been updated. However, there's a rather large change. Because the community has done so well with picking up on Metal Fight Beyblade, the "Metal Fight Beyblade Format" has been renamed to "Standard Format". Most of the tournaments we've been doing are MFB only, and I think this is the best way for us to keep moving forward.

However, if this is now Standard, it means the rule book has a lot of information that isn't relevant to that format. Yes, definitely, a lot of it needed to be cut out. However, that does not mean we are abandoning players who still want to play HMS and Plastics using the WBO rules. In fact, I'm releasing two rule books tonight.

WBO Rule Book, Standard Version and Universal Version are both being released tonight as Release 1's and are available to download immediately!

Aside from that change, here are some of the updates to the rules:
  • A section on the BeyLauncher has been added due to its ... "special" attributes (it breaks a lot).
  • The BeyStadium Matrix has been updated.
  • Light Wheels are illegal (I would hope this would never be an issue, but just in case!)
  • Restricted Format has been dropped since it was used a grand total of zero times.
  • BeyPoints section was trimmed down due to changes.

This isn't the only literature being released, though. WBO Event Guide Release 2 is now available. This differs from the first release in that it actually has useful information in it. If you're interested in running a WBO event or simply want to see our methodology, be sure to give it a read. Specifically, it explains the addition of the new Event Proposals forum, which is for exactly what it sounds like. Smile

Speaking of forums, there's now a Bey News forum, which is ... again, exactly what it sounds like! We've not really had a formal place to put news like this before, instead choosing to spread it out across multiple topics. Well now you'll have all your Bey News in one place! And to make things even easier, we've made a News page for the entire site. Affiliate news, WBO news, Bey news, news about tournaments -- it'll all be in this one spot.

Don't forget about our upcoming tournaments! Check out the Upcoming Events tab on the homepage!

I think that's it for now, guys. I'll probably be making more small changes over the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled! Gooo SHOOT! Grin
Thanks for all your hard work Brad! This was a really great update.
Good to see MFB has become the Standard! Now's the time to really start getting into the MFB Blades and to move on from the Plastics and HMS Blades, take in everything it has to offer now before it goes massive next year, alot of members on here have the opportunity to learn everything before the general public does.
Cool on the 2000 members, good update Brad.
Thanks for everything Brad! Grin And I'm glad MFB/BMF is the standard format now. Smile
Neato!
Thanks for everything Brad! Really a great update.
Great update, Brad.

Do you think Beywiki Updates could be posted on the News page somehow (not for every update, but every now and then when numerous substantial articles have been posted)?
Congrats on getting 2000 followers Brad!! Thanks for all your effort you put into getting us all together!
I'm really digging this update, let's keep things going!
*Aplauds*

Nice work, Bey Brad! U really give a lot of time to this stuff. Nice update.
Cool...so we can use the beylauncher handle broken? Thats cool
cool, 2000 members, that's cool! great!
(Jul. 28, 2009  3:28 PM)Kei Wrote: Great update, Brad.

Do you think Beywiki Updates could be posted on the News page somehow (not for every update, but every now and then when numerous substantial articles have been posted)?

Yeah, just make a thread in this forum. Shouldn't be a problem.
Woot, didn't know there was a rulebook, but that's pretty amazing. Gratz Brad and thanks for all your hard work.
Nice update! Everything is looking really good Smile
I think you will have to brief me about the Bey News forum, unless you wanted to take care of that ... I have questions like "Does that mean I will post things twice ?" and "What about topics that already exist and that should receive the new information too ?" ...

Otherwise, this is a good update.
Kool! Looks like I have some reading to do. Great job, too. I appreciate all the hard work and money you put into WBO. Smile
(Jul. 29, 2009  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think you will have to brief me about the Bey News forum, unless you wanted to take care of that ... I have questions like "Does that mean I will post things twice ?" and "What about topics that already exist and that should receive the new information too ?" ...

Otherwise, this is a good update.

Yes, I will brief you on it soon Smile
GRATZ to 2000 Members!!!!! why are light wheels illegal (is it the white plastic wheels)
(Jul. 29, 2009  9:09 PM)Muslimboi Wrote: GRATZ to 2000 Members!!!!! why are light wheels illegal (is it the white plastic wheels)

have you ever used one
escolpio can send one flying out of a stadium multiple times with one launch.

Even if they were legal you would have to be a complete nitwit to actually ever use one in a serious situation.