Spriggan Teeth Difference!

Hi! I didn't see any topics on the layer Spriggan so I do not know where to post that so I open this thread up.

I get a closer look on my White Spriggan and I notice that it have not the same pattern of Teeth then the Green or Red Spriggan.

The regular Red and Green Spriggan have one long tooth with one medium to one short... My white has one long one medium and one long.

Who get this white spriggan layer too and look up closer and confirm me that pattern. it could be interesting and have some impact on burst rate of Spriggan.

Thx for youre help. and I prefered using my white one because its less burstable compare to my 2 other green and my red one.
I've posted about this back when spriggan first came out, though it was actually my Green Spriggan and Red Spriggan with the different teeth. just as you described them Big, medium, Big (on my green one), and Big small small (on my red one).
do you notice something different in preformance between each?!
Hey loyd, can you bring these on Sunday? Would love to see it in person.
My white Spriggan's teeth and my green's are definitely different as well.
Of course I will have them! I look closer to my second green and red to be sure if they are all the same or other variant tough!
Hey, do you have any pictures to compare the three Spriggans? I'd love to know as a fan of SSF design-wise. Also try and make sure that it's not because one spriggan is more used than the other, Valkryie is like that...
I took pics of all mine and can definitely see a difference. Black Spriggan is still in the package for now. Maybe someone with an opened one can get a better pic
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ahyosodxihbg...CWvza?dl=0
Yeah, I noticed this with some of my Spriggan Layers a long time ago too. I have a lot of them (including an opened black one) so I'll try to take photos later.
Thanks for the pics Zoroaste, there's definitely a noticeable difference but I don't know enough about Burst yet to decide which one would be the most burst resistant. Spriggan is shaped pretty well and I've noticed it can Stadium Out a couple notches better than Valkryie so maybe the colours with better teeth will have a chance in the meta. Of course with dual layers coming out there's a chance none of the old layers will be good Unhappy.
Look forward to seeing Kei's pictures as well.
Since Zoroaste doesn't have Blue Spriggan from the VS battle set and I do, so I thought I might post pictures of that as well.
[Image: pklCz6z.jpg]
It actually has okay teeth, I've used it for months and it hardly bursts.
I think what would be really useful is a gallery including every version of every layer available and a picture of their teeth in one thread so we can reference them. It is really interesting that they would change the teeth like that.
(Apr. 21, 2016  11:27 PM)juncction Wrote: I think what would be really useful is a gallery including every version of every layer available and a picture of their teeth in one thread so we can reference them. It is really interesting that they would change the teeth like that.

I suspect this is a manufacturing error, not a "change", since there seems to be no consistency as to what colors it's applied.
its possible... we have to check with everyone to see if some colors have always the same teeth or its just a random factor.
Hi I'm new to the organization and pretty new to beyblades, (not really but I've never been able to own any until recently), not exactly on subject but one thing I've noticed about spriggan/spryzan (I'm from Australia so yea haha) is that the "wing teeth" that actually hold the 'burst' function together, located where the scan code is underneath the energy layer, is actually half the length/width of any other bey I've seen so far. This is also the case with storm spriggan/spryzan. Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone have any ideas as to why? And as I only have 1 S2 energy layer and 2 red S energy layer, is this the same for all spriggan layers?
(Jan. 31, 2017  2:03 PM)TwitchK9 Wrote: Hi I'm new to the organization and pretty new to beyblades, (not really but I've never been able to own any until recently), not exactly on subject but one thing I've noticed about spriggan/spryzan (I'm from Australia so yea haha) is that the "wing teeth" that actually hold the 'burst' function together, located where the scan code is underneath the energy layer, is actually half the length/width of any other bey I've seen so far. This is also the case with storm spriggan/spryzan. Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone have any ideas as to why? And as I only have 1 S2 energy layer and 2 red S energy layer, is this the same for all spriggan layers?

Probably for balance. Takara Tomy does the same with their Layers by having some layers have shorter teeth if their designs have less recoil, though they tend to over compensate and completely ruin many layers that way.

Thankfully that problem is less apparent with Hasbro slopes so all layers are much more competitively viable.
(Jan. 31, 2017  2:38 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Probably for balance. Takara Tomy does the same with their Layers by having some layers have shorter teeth if their designs have less recoil, though they tend to over compensate and completely ruin many layers that way.

Thankfully that problem is less apparent with Hasbro slopes so all layers are much more competitively viable.

I thought that might have been the issue. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it kind of ruins the layer for me as I feel it just doesn't have the potential it could because I personally feel it bursts too easily compared to most other layers. Maybe I just haven't got the right parts yet but something just doesn't feel right about it, especially having gotten an excalius the other week and feeling the difference in burst rates spriggan just doesn't feel right anymore which really sucks because I love spryzan on the show
(Jan. 31, 2017  2:57 PM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I thought that might have been the issue. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it kind of ruins the layer for me as I feel it just doesn't have the potential it could because I personally feel it bursts too easily compared to most other layers. Maybe I just haven't got the right parts yet but something just doesn't feel right about it, especially having gotten an excalius the other week and feeling the difference in burst rates spriggan just doesn't feel right anymore which really sucks because I love spryzan on the show

Well Xcalibur/Xcalius is a high recoil Attack Type Layer practically designed to make one hit kills. It needs really high slopes to not commit suicide so I feel like a comparison is a little unfair.

Here's a recommendation, pair Spriggan/Spryzen with a light disk like Armed, that'll improve it's resistance to bursting.
(Jan. 31, 2017  3:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Well Xcalibur/Xcalius is a high recoil Attack Type Layer practically designed to make one hit kills. It needs really high slopes to not commit suicide so I feel like a comparison is a little unfair.

Here's a recommendation, pair Spriggan/Spryzen with a light disk like Armed, that'll improve it's resistance to bursting.

Against Lost Longinus weak launched though, Armed or whatever other Disc in the same concept makes no difference hah. We tested that on Sunday.
(Jan. 31, 2017  3:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Against Lost Longinus weak launched though, Armed or whatever other Disc in the same concept makes no difference hah. We tested that on Sunday.

BBG's video on Stock Storm Spriggan vs Stock Lost Longinus showed that S2 is actually pretty effective against L2, guessing that's from the opposite spins and the whole "like gears = less recoil" concept.
(Jan. 31, 2017  3:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Well Xcalibur/Xcalius is a high recoil Attack Type Layer practically designed to make one hit kills. It needs really high slopes to not commit suicide so I feel like a comparison is a little unfair.

In the name of fairness I suppose you would be correct, but I just can't shake this feeling that it lacks real staying power. Its kinda like its either all or nothing, and 7 times out of 10 spriggan rolls a nothing. Its not that I haven't tested it at all, although with limited parts its restricted, it needs to be really fresh to hold up in a real fight, but it wears down really quickly and its burst rate becomes quite noticeably increased. Idk if anyone else has noticed this or not, I should note that I haven't tested S2 properly yet.
(Jan. 31, 2017  3:28 PM)TwitchK9 Wrote: In the name of fairness I suppose you would be correct, but I just can't shake this feeling that it lacks real staying power. Its kinda like its either all or nothing, and 7 times out of 10 spriggan rolls a nothing. Its not that I haven't tested it at all, although with limited parts its restricted, it needs to be really fresh to hold up in a real fight, but it wears down really quickly and its burst rate becomes quite noticeably increased. Idk if anyone else has noticed this or not, I should note that I haven't tested S2 properly yet.

From what I can tell (as I have both), S2 is an improvement. I've had some surprise Bursts finishes from it.
Where as with excalius, it seemed to burst easier after a while, but then I got the launch right and its actually better now than when I first got it. Maybe I just got a good mould but spriggan just seems to wear out too easily.
(Jan. 31, 2017  3:30 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: From what I can tell (as I have both), S2 is an improvement. I've had some surprise Bursts finishes from it.

Fair enough. I might play around with some combos tomorrow. I'm just so in love with the excalius hey I got. Its not perfect but it does pull victories (as long as I get it to stay in the ring haha) most of the time.
Hasbro burst system works totaly differently from the teeth system from tt. I actually used the roktavor energy layers and have better results in attack then valtryek and victory valtryek. Dont have the xcalius energy layer at now.

It get some special slopes and can absorb hits easier to resist at burst with its loose section in first half way. The other half became tight really quickly.