Spiritual, statistical or appearance?

Ok when you make a beyblade customization/combo, how do decide what parts go together? Do you:

A. Go down the appearance route. This is where you match parts together based on looks and design and colour and throw performance ability to the wind, thus solely concentrating on making a blade thats looks awesome but might actually be carp.

B. Go down the statistical route. This where you concentrate heavily on individual stats of the parts you put together and use your past experience (EDIT 1: to remove any confusion, this means tests that you have done with combos or parts) with them to decide what parts you use. Throwing everything else to the wind, you create a blade that on paper and in theory (see past experience), a blade that should be really strong in one of the four blade types.

C. Go down the spiritual route. This is a strange one that will probably get mocked by some people and praised by others. Basically you 'feel' what parts you want to put together, either out of some random way or some kind of spiritual connectivity. You create a bond with certain parts and creations, regardless of apparent stats and appearance, and put all you faith into something that could be either great of rubbish. (EDIT 2: this isnt you believing that blades are magical or something, it means you just like certain parts for no real reason)

D. An even randomer and stranger mixture of all three of the above.

So, how do you make you blade combo/customizations? remeber, this is just for fun.
E. create a blade that actually performs well based on tests

Quote:Go down the spiritual route. This is a strange one that will probably get mocked by some people

rightly so. they are molded plastic and metal
I always go for C. I can always feel a strong connection with my parts, sometimes I shout driger and my blade starts to move abit to the left?!!! Crazy rite?!!?!111

/end sarcasm.
omg, so many sarcastical people on this site looooooool. that would be route B by my account brad, and anyways this is just a bit of fun so chill out XDDDDDDDDD
(Jan. 26, 2010  9:26 PM)Saranix Wrote: omg, so many sarcastical people on this site looooooool. that would be route B by my account brad, and anyways this is just a bit of fun so chill out XDDDDDDDDD

Your B option is using stats and "on paper" ... not actual performance.
yeah, but it also said 'past experience' and 'in theory'.

ie, tests that you have done and how you think it'll perform based on that.

And as for route C, well i havent got anything for route C right now, but you get the point looooool
GO DRIGAARRRRRRR -bonds spiritually- Seriously, why?
LOOOOOL i got an excuss for route C. think of it more as 'you just like certain parts for no actual reason why' kinda thing, i never meant it as a mock up of the show. as in, you actually think bit beasts and what not are real. i mean really, who would looool
I 99 percent of the time do it by way of "This Should Be Working", aka B. But then again, i do feel a tad better using a Sagittario Face. Because it won't make a major difference, i've used a Sagittario Face on all my main customizations. So maybe it'd be D.

I really only use A when deciding the clear wheel. Though Libra C Wheel (Brown) has certainly grown on me, and i might start using it as for C, the spiritual aspect.
E, because I want to win. Wink
E. What Brad and Kei have said, when I customize I use parts that have good performance etc.
Likewise. E: the customs that perform well.

And a bit of A. I try to make the combo at least look nice.
I enjoy making good looking, colour matching, combos, even if they absolutely suck.
I think for a lot of people B comes into play. You rely on information presented to you before you even try the part in a combination. Sometimes you seek out advice here and people will post stats and so forth for you to base your customization on. In reality, if you're really good at it, you should be able to theorize customizations based on information already provided. That being said, it can't come about without E, solid testing and proven parts performance tests. Someone had to put the work in before you could "theorize" anything major.

I definitely use E, I test, test, and test even more. I try to analyze every aspect of a combination's performance ranging from weight, point of contact, spin time, and win/loss ratios.

Sometimes A just follows suit. My current testing combination is MF Earth Aquila C145WD and I think it looks really nice. Other times I find some MFB's/Parts look better painted, I'm currently working on a steam punk inspired colour scheme version of Libra, Leone, and Pegasis nothing major, but it certainly affects the overall look quite a bit.
Lol. E, although I also do them by appearance, performance is always the priority when playing competitively.

I still use Max Draciel and 10bBistool (and combinations) because mainly of nostalgia, though.
ok this is get annoying. your option E was covered in option B. do i really have to point this out again? it says PAST EXPIERENCE. this means what you have done with the parts you choose, what tests you have done and what fight you have won/loss.

then again, I might not have pointed this out clearly enough for certain people and for that i apologise, but this was only a bit of fun to start out with so to continually point it out is just immature.
(Jan. 27, 2010  4:31 PM)Saranix Wrote: ok this is get annoying. your option E was covered in option B. do i really have to point this out again? it says PAST EXPIERENCE. this means what you have done with the parts you choose, what tests you have done and what fight you have won/loss.

then again, I might not have pointed this out clearly enough for certain people and for that i apologise, but this was only a bit of fun to start out with so to continually point it out is just immature.
If I am asked to take one option and that one is only partly true, I take no option, or I invent one. It seems people are like that as well.
(Jan. 27, 2010  4:31 PM)Saranix Wrote: ok this is get annoying. your option E was covered in option B. do i really have to point this out again? it says PAST EXPIERENCE. this means what you have done with the parts you choose, what tests you have done and what fight you have won/loss.

It says to rely heavily on stats, and how it performs on paper/in theory. Obviously many people saw that was wrong as well.
I mostly make combos that perform well, though I also want them to look good. And I guess there are some parts that I just like so probably D for me.
But I mainly blade for fun, rather than competitively, and using the Draciels is the most fun for me.Wink
Voted: E
Which is why I spend months practicing, and eventually do well in competition.

I admit that aesthetics are also pretty high up on my list, but with the numerous recolours released in japan, I have a lot of decorative freedom.
Paper and pencil theory or whatever basically means in a nutshell, "These parts are good from what i've learnt." Stats aren' always ATK: +7, but sometimes used as a short for statistics. So B and "E" are the same.
Whatever performs best first, and then aesthetics. So E, then A (if I happen to have different colours of the parts involved in the combo).
(Jan. 28, 2010  5:17 AM)Minion Wrote: I admit that aesthetics are also pretty high up on my list, but with the numerous recolours released in japan, I have a lot of decorative freedom.

Well yeah, if you can make a good combo look cool, you may as well ...

All blue compact combo <3

[Image: IMG_5782.jpg]
I tend to go with B, if it seems good on paper i'll give it a try... and see what happens...