Spinoff Tournament - Anyone interested?

Wow...This topic now has a pages worth of debate on it over carrying bags in London...
No, But i'm not saying that Toronto is like London (transport wise) or vice versa. If you thought about it logically and put
they both have a similar underground subway system.
London has more than twice the population of Toronto
London is the capital of England (London being the biggest attraction of the UK)

So, twice the population, plus tourists, and the underground being the transport of choice (and a landmark in itself) Of course it's going to be really busy.

Honestly, It's not worth having a debate about who's transport is busier than who's.

EDIT : Gigs, perhaps we should go make a thread about the pro's and cons of carrying different styles of bags in the London district on different modes of transportation? I choose Harp case in DLR train XD
(Sep. 18, 2008  9:07 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: Wow...This topic now has a pages worth of debate over carrying bags in London...

Yep XD
I'll be posting up Travel info soon.
I'm going to take a guess that a lot of people will be travelling to London by Train?
eitherway you need to take tubes, I know how to get there From London Paddington station and it doesn't look like buses go up there.
For those of you who haven't been on tubes before, you're in for a treat XD especially if you find the intercom wailing "MIND THE GAP!" all the time hilarious. (I'm easily amused Tongue_out)

You also need to take a DLR train, they're uber scary since they're magnet trains...meaning..NO DRIVER!
Are you seriously saying that you can't carry a suitcase because you think you're going to get mugged?

NEWS FLASH: No one wants to mug a greasy nerd in plated armor and his lizard-queen girlfriend.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
(Sep. 18, 2008  9:13 PM)Roan Wrote: Are you seriously saying that you can't carry a suitcase because you think you're going to get mugged?

NEWS FLASH: No one wants to mug a greasy nerd in plated armor and his lizard-queen girlfriend.

That's not the case.
And seriously. give over with the childish insults already. It's getting mundane.
yeah roan, give over with :pwn:
Stop trying to act like you're an intelligent human being and fly back to whatever carp space colony you came from you freak.
CALM DOWN.

People won't mug you, if you're afraid of that (I would be), go with a friend or many friends and make sure you stay in places with lots of people but not too many.
(Sep. 18, 2008  9:17 PM)Roan Wrote: Stop trying to act like you're an intelligent human being and fly back to whatever carp space colony you came from you freak.

User was put on 1-month posting suspension.
Lol. is all I have too say.
I've said this many times now. Everything you say does not bother me, you can "insult" me all you like, i'm not going to rise up to it and get into an arguement over the internet with someone I don't know nor give a carp about.

and this is completely irrelevant to the topic so I don't see your reason for posting "insults" at me regardless. If you want to take out some form of problem you seem to have on me, then kindly do it through a PM and not on someone's thread.
Keep up the good job Roan, always good for a laugh or two XD

Pikachao : I'm not really that worried about being mugged tbh (if it happens it happens) The tubes arent my most fondest of transport to be fair, so i'd much rather look into busing it from Paddingon or Victoria road. Last time Gekiryu and I came to london, our train tickets total cost was £160 >_>

EDIT : But yeah, I'd love to see a tournament for this game happen. If you need someone to arrange prize support, I'm sure I can either keep some of my hms's i've won back for it, or get some particularly nice things from MOJ for it.

what do you guys reckon for prizes? HMS, plastics, MFB's or a mixed variety? I know for BND Brad handed out a hell of alot of stuff (including stadiums) Though I dont know what people would be interested in to be fair.
Yeah, this thread has gone waaay off topic Tired
back on topic.
The costs for the convention and availability of tickets will end up coming up towards the end of the year, if not when the tickets go on sale about March next year.
tickets are also available on the day for those of you who can't buy them from the website for whatever reason.

Dreamborn also said that he doesn't mind doing judging for the tournie Smile
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:41 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: syn : If you've ever been to London you'd know how bad it is. In April, the stabbing death toll in london alone reached 18, and it's risen a hell of alot more since. It's not exactly the nicest of cities to go to. (meaning I dont live in london)

I couldn't find anything on London as far as murder statistics, but people carry pull along bags and briefcases in Chicago all the time.

I doubt you're going to get stabbed/mugged.
I could proberly bring a stadium, But I only have 1 atm.
Shouldn't be to much hassle.
(Sep. 18, 2008  11:22 PM)Blitz Wrote: I could proberly bring a stadium, But I only have 1 atm.
Shouldn't be to much hassle.

Much appreciated, do you know 'which' stadium it is by any chance?
I know this isn't related to the discussion you're currently having about the stadiums, but me and my friends would definitely be interested in coming to a tournament based in London. Grin Especially cuz it's home. xD
(Sep. 19, 2008  12:51 AM)Rakstar Wrote: I know this isn't related to the discussion you're currently having about the stadiums, but me and my friends would definitely be interested in coming to a tournament based in London. Grin Especially cuz it's home. xD

Neh, don't mind that, thats just me asking a question and possibly wondering off topic.

Great! Nice to see your intrested! Grin Guess thats a few more to add to the 'intrested' list.
(Sep. 19, 2008  12:59 AM)TheGigsMeister Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2008  12:51 AM)Rakstar Wrote: I know this isn't related to the discussion you're currently having about the stadiums, but me and my friends would definitely be interested in coming to a tournament based in London. Grin Especially cuz it's home. xD

Neh, don't mind that, thats just me asking a question and possibly wondering off topic.

Great! Nice to see your intrested! Grin Guess thats a few more to add to the 'intrested' list.

I've got two hasbro (thunder rumbler and bladebreaker. Thunder Rumbler is carp though) and Two takara (1 HMS stadium and 1 spinning stadium) Ill probaby have more by next year though.
I will be getting the MFB Balance Stadium when its out.
That will be my only Takara Stadium i'll have at the moment.
By the time the tourement goes ahead i may have more.
Okay, firstly, we need volunteers to be judges. Secondly, it has been confirmed; there will be a Plastic division and a Metal division.

Secondly, the tournament will be called... dun da da da dun dun dun dah! Spinoff!
Grin
Sounds kool & I can't wait Tongue_out
Neither can I, trust me Joyful_3
(Sep. 21, 2008  6:27 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Neither can I, trust me Joyful_3

Happy to say that this is now the official 'UK tournament, Spinoff!' topic!
But Chozen, shouldn't you have at least made your self a drum roll or "Dun dun da daaaa" before telling the tournament name Pinching_eyes