Spinoff Tournament - Anyone interested?

so how many is that so far if it's london?
Surfing Pikachao
Chozen Blader
Gekiryu
Dreamborn
Alice (if I remember right)

we need to make a list. I think a good amount would be 12-16 minimum. If we can get more. Even better.
I'll come if it's in London
Gekiryu, dark_dragoon_x5 says he'll come to the tourney too. Along with Blitz (and obviously TheGigsMeister) that makes 7
(Sep. 18, 2008  5:51 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Gekiryu, dark_dragoon_x5 says he'll come to the tourney too. Along with Blitz (and obviously TheGigsMeister) that makes 7

We need another 5-9 people.
Though we need judges aswell.
The one thing we'll need for this tournament though is plenty of good stadiums. I dont mind having one hasbro stadium there for a laugh (as a friendly playing stadium, or as the short straw players get to play in it, cause it's funny) But I'd like quite a few Takara stadiums there.

Though bringing stadiums and such requires a car to bring them all up in, when I learn to drive, I'd personally consider trying to run some more beyblade tournaments around the UK.
Or you could just bring the stadiums in a small suitcase.
true, I keep forgetting that hasbro stadiums are bigger than takara ones. Lugging a suitcase through London for the day (especially if you catch the tube) seems rather daunting though.
(Sep. 18, 2008  7:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Or you could just bring the stadiums in a small suitcase.

We could, but it's one hell of a trek. we live 3 hours away by train from London and the trains are always uber busy, so taking a suitcase onto a packed train isn't really a good idea, because trying to get it onto/off said stand is hassle because people are stood around you/walking past.
then there's travel to the convention centre which is two tube rides and a DLR train both ways.
Tube's get uber packed in the afternoon to the point of you can't even move an arm.
Edited the topic title since we now have a confirmed location Wink
(Sep. 18, 2008  7:54 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: Edited the topic title since we now have a confirmed location Wink

Yays Grin
Gonna have to be a convention next year though, doubt anyone would be able to make it at the end of this October.

You have May Expo (probably bad because people in highschool and college have exams about then)
JapanExLondon should be on again next year which is always around 20th July.
by then, it's the summer holidays for those in education. so if you can get it there. That is probably the best idea. It's held in the same centre as the other Expos, so it isnt hard to get there.

For those who dont know:
http://www.mcmexpo.net/japanexlondon/

thats JapanEx, It's fantastic, I went last year and had loads of fun. Next one, as the page says, is next year, so it's pretty cool.
(Sep. 18, 2008  7:49 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: true, I keep forgetting that hasbro stadiums are bigger than takara ones. Lugging a suitcase through London for the day (especially if you catch the tube) seems rather daunting though.

You can't carry a small bag with wheels full of light, hollow plastic for a day? Are you made out of wheat stalks?
that's not the problem >_>. Lugging around a suitcase and trying to get on a tube train is one problem. you cant move, trying to get out on your stop usually entails charging people out of the way to get through. The other problem is walking around with said suitcase, if it's not nailed down, you will be mugged for it.

On another note, due to the small numbers of people willing to attend so far. would it be best to put it into divisions and hold seperate tournaments for them (hms,mfb and plastics) or go for an all types against all approach?

personally i'd rather split them into their own categories and hold individual ones for as many as we can.
Another thing to bring up would be if people would want to charge an entrance fee or not. Entry fee makes for prizes which is a good incentive to anyone.

EDIT : and if so, how much would you guys think is fair? soon as we get an evaluation, soon as we get to an agreed amount, we could then organize prizes of what and quantity
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:17 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: that's not the problem >_>. Lugging around a suitcase and trying to get on a tube train is one problem. you cant move, trying to get out on your stop usually entails charging people out of the way to get through. The other problem is walking around with said suitcase, if it's not nailed down, you will be mugged for it.

Oh please. I've walked around Toronto with suitcases all the time, as do many other people, on buses and subways. It's not that big of a deal.
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:17 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: that's not the problem >_>. Lugging around a suitcase and trying to get on a tube train is one problem. you cant move, trying to get out on your stop usually entails charging people out of the way to get through. The other problem is walking around with said suitcase, if it's not nailed down, you will be mugged for it.

Oh please. I've walked around Toronto with suitcases all the time, as do many other people, on buses and subways. It's not that big of a deal.

What he's saying is, Trying to get on a Tube with a Suitcase (let alone two tube trips) between the hours of 3 and 7pm (Which would be when we'd be leaving the centre) is like trying to walk through a big-carp crowd of people at a huge concert with a suitcase. you'd miss your stop because the doors don't stay open long either.

On another note, due to the small numbers of people willing to attend so far. would it be best to put it into divisions and hold seperate tournaments for them (hms,mfb and plastics) or go for an all types against all approach?

personally i'd rather split them into their own categories and hold individual ones for as many as we can.
Another thing to bring up would be if people would want to charge an entrance fee or not. Entry fee makes for prizes which is a good incentive to anyone.

EDIT : and if so, how much would you guys think is fair? soon as we get an evaluation, soon as we get to an agreed amount, we could then organize prizes of what and quantity

I believe we are having separate tournaments for Mfb, Hms and Plastic.

We'll probably charge £3.50 - £4.00 as an entrance fee, but it will probably vary on the amount of people who
come.

EDIT: Gekiryu, just been looking around the website and I must say JapanExLondon seems pretty awesome Grin
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:17 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: The other problem is walking around with said suitcase, if it's not nailed down, you will be mugged for it.

You live in such a horrible area, that it's not even safe to carry around a suitcase?

That's really hard to believe.
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:26 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

What he's saying is, Trying to get on a Tube with a Suitcase (let alone two tube trips) between the hours of 3 and 7pm (Which would be when we'd be leaving the centre) is like trying to walk through a big-carp crowd of people at a huge concert with a suitcase. you'd miss your stop because the doors don't stay open long either.

And what I'm saying is suck it up, because I've ridden subways during rush hour in Toronto and dealt with it.
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:28 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote:

I believe we are having separate tournaments for Mfb, Hms and Plastic.

We'll probably charge £3.50 - £4.00 as an entrance fee, but it will probably vary on the amount of people who
come.

EDIT: Gekiryu, just been looking around the website and I must say JapanExLondon seems pretty awesome Grin

You only technically need 10 people. two judges and 8 participants for it to work like this:
Winner
_____|_____
| |
4 6
__|__ __|__
| | | |
2 4 6 8
_|_ _|_ _|_ _|_
| | | | | | | |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

If that makes sense.
More people would be nice though. But that's just a basic outline.

ARGH it doesnt post right Pinching_eyes
Is a separate tournament for both HMS and MFB necessary?
syn : If you've ever been to London you'd know how bad it is. In April, the stabbing death toll in london alone reached 18, and it's risen a hell of alot more since. It's not exactly the nicest of cities to go to. (meaning I dont live in london)

And yeah, I would take a suitcase, getting there wouldnt be much of a problem, getting back would. Rush hour on a limited city line is pretty hard to travel in, last year they had to shut part of the underground down due to overcrowding.
However, if you caught a bus around London, it seems hardly anyone uses them. Oh and some more info
Population of London: 7,512,400
Population of Toronto: 2,503,281

combine that with a small underground system and you have chaos.

Gigs : the entry fee seems pretty fair Joyful_3

I also think MFB's and HMS's should be run as one tournament. I havent tested them out against each other (due to my lack of blades atm) but from the videos they seem pretty even
Also, if anyone wants Directions to the Convention centre (tube/DLR travel) I will post those up when I get hold of a friend about it.

I am also looking into finding a bus that will take you up to the centre as Tubes are very VERY confusing to follow since you have to change tubes.
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:41 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: Population of London: 7,512,400

This doesn't make you less of a whiner. Jesus, doesn't anyone in London carry a bag?

[Image: lost-luggage-01-g.jpg]
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:41 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: Population of London: 7,512,400

This doesn't make you less of a whiner. Jesus, doesn't anyone in London carry a bag?

[Image: lost-luggage-01-g.jpg]

Not on tubes you don't.
EVERYONE in london uses the Tubes, so you're looking at at least 5 million of the 7 million population to be using them.
the line you take to the location of the convention is one of the lines that suffers most with overcrowding, hence making it a pain in the carp to use.
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:58 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: XD

Have you ever been to London?

Have you ever been to Toronto?