Spinoff Tournament - Anyone interested?

okay. I will keep you posted. At the moment, me and TheGigsMeister are deciding on a venue in London
that wud be gd

but dont count me in just yet
okay, well, do you live in London or near it?
so far were is the tornament gonna be at?Joyful_3
(Aug. 23, 2008  4:13 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: so far were is the tornament gonna be at?Joyful_3

dude, did you read the rest of the thread?
(Aug. 23, 2008  2:18 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: okay, well, do you live in London or near it?

well by car i live about 2 hoyurs away but by train it only takes 45mins and i go all the time by train

but i will only know if i can go closer to the time
fair enough. Right now, we're only trying to build interest, and to see who is actually already interested, so well, keep you posted up until the date of the tournament arrives.
If this is still on I'm definitely free to go london! =]

EDIT: Sorry to necro this post if I did... =/
Me and my other half would be able to make London.
It's probably a better idea than nottingham, more convenient, London has way more transport methods and can be cheaper than getting to nottingham.
Well, cheaper if you Megabus it up to London anyway.

Would it be a good idea to hold at at an anime con? Since there's 3 per year (Well, next year there will be because of JapanEx) in the London Excel Centre.
There are three anime conventions per year? /facepalm

That'd be awesome! =D Hmm, I'd need to go with someone though as I dunno if they'd let me in. I'll be 16 next year january so... meh. Either way that sounds awesome. We need a list of people who would be willing to go? It'd be easier to keep track of. I say we make this into a proper thread now? I know it's early but it'd own.

Oh also, we'd need to make sure everyone had tickets or had registered on the guest list for an anime convention as the places always go really fast...
There's an age limit? How old do you have to be?
There are age limits to anime conventions. They usually set them at 16 or 18. It stops immature people going in and stuff I think. I doubt there'll be an age limit for the tournament.

Anyways, I'm just saying it might be hard work to get everyone into an anime con and they might not want to go, they might just want a bey tournament. If others want to go I'm all for it though Joyful_3

We could stay together in groups to keep the cost down for the con, I've heard around con times the hotels/whatever get REALLY pricey Pinching_eyes_2
(Sep. 02, 2008  8:44 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: There are age limits to anime conventions. They usually set them at 16 or 18. It stops immature people going in and stuff I think. I doubt there'll be an age limit for the tournament.

Anyways, I'm just saying it might be hard work to get everyone into an anime con and they might not want to go, they might just want a bey tournament. If others want to go I'm all for it though Joyful_3

We could stay together in groups to keep the cost down for the con, I've heard around con times the hotels/whatever get REALLY pricey Pinching_eyes_2

There isn't. when I went to JapanEx I was 15 and you could buy children's tickets for people aged 14 and under. It's how it is for all of the london conventions.
Two years and less get in for free with parents too.

There's a big fan base of anime fans here who are into beyblade, so it would work out great I think anyway.

Also, Convention tickets don't sell fast, they were on sale April through July last year and I got mine in Mid-June, they were also selling tickets on the day. Since people go in and out of the convention, they don't need a limit.
Oh right, that's okay then. I was just thinking of like Amecon and stuff like that... Those tickets sell out super fast and I'm pretty sure you have to be 16.

EDIT: A tourney or whatever at a convention sounds great but we need to get more people involved atm. =]
(Sep. 02, 2008  8:44 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: I doubt there'll be an age limit for the tournament.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I was asking about the anime con. I already know about the tourney, as I'm helping to organise it.

I'll be sure to make myself clearer in the future, sorry about that.
Lol you don't have to apologise so much to me, I'm too carefree. =] Thanks for making that clear though.

There should be some way we could get more people involved to be honest, I'm not really seeing enough people say they want to go atm and there must be more that live close enough... If we're going to be holding it at an anime convention how will that work? I assume it'll be a public thing where we introduce people to beyblade or whatever?...

Just to say, I don't have any MFB yet. Hoping to order some soon...
Well, by next summer I'm sure we'll have many more bladers wanting to come. This tourney is still in the early stages. Also, I don't have my MFB yet either. I should be getting them soon though. But, it won't matter as there'll be a Plastic, HMS and MFB division. There will possibly be a Tag-Team tourney too.
(Sep. 03, 2008  8:00 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Lol you don't have to apologise so much to me, I'm too carefree. =] Thanks for making that clear though.

There should be some way we could get more people involved to be honest, I'm not really seeing enough people say they want to go atm and there must be more that live close enough... If we're going to be holding it at an anime convention how will that work? I assume it'll be a public thing where we introduce people to beyblade or whatever?...

Just to say, I don't have any MFB yet. Hoping to order some soon...

You could do that, Though if you get hold of the convention and they agree to it early enough, you can ask them to advertise on their home page, that way, anyone interested who looks on the home (You need to visit it to buy tickets anyway) will probably end up signing up for it.
Good idea
I could probs get up to london to join in on a tournament Tongue_out
cool B)
Another blader added to to "possibles" list then.
Remember guys, if you all have friends and carp that could go you can feel "phr33" to add them here.

Probably best if they sign up though, shows that they really want to go. =]
My friend has signed up, and would like to go, but he hasn't had time to come on the site much as he's busy with homework etc. His username is Dark_Dragoon_X5
(Sep. 16, 2008  2:59 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Remember guys, if you all have friends and carp that could go you can feel "phr33" to add them here.

Smithicide