Spartan Riddles

I've always been interested in riddles, and I saw a thread Kai-V made a while back with riddles as well. So now I'll post some!

I made these up (Except for #5-no way I could have made that one up myself). If it happens to be one you know, it's coincidence. I only say this because I told a few to some of my friends and some said they'd heard them before.

Most importantly, if you know the answer DO NOT post it and ruin them for everyone. PM me if you must, but otherwise keep it to yourself. These are for private enjoyment.

1. What has four legs but cannot move by itself?

2. I run, but never walk; I pull, but rarely push; I can be smart, but do not have a brain.

What am I?

3. What shines and has shade?

4. Pennies, nickels, quarters and dimes,
all these but dollars I can find.
All I find but you keep,
When I near something I beep.

What am I?

5. 2 actors are preforming a skit. They each randomly pick a number 1-10 without telling the other what they picked. Their goal is to figure out the other persons number without saying anything about them.

[Curtain comes up, revealing actors facing each other]
#1: I don't know your number
#2: I don't know your number
#1: I still don't know your number
#2: I know your number
#1: I know your number

The End

What are their numbers?

6. Two trains on the same track are heading in opposite directions (Meaning if one is going south, the other is heading north). They are at top speed and both have broken brakes. Yet, somehow, even though they are on the exact same track, they do not crash. How is this possible?

I'll add to this list by and by.
I like these. This is a good idea
Awesome!This looks very fun,good idea Sparta.
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Now, to tickle the brains of mathematicians and logic lovers alike (I didn't make this one up.):

2 actors are preforming a skit. They each randomly pick a number 1-10 without telling the other what they picked. Their goal is to figure out the other persons number without saying anything about them.

#1: I don't know your number
#2: I don't know your number
#1: I still don't know your number
#2: I know your number
The end
What are their numbers?!
(Jul. 30, 2011  5:55 PM)Sparta Wrote: Most importantly, if you know the answer DO NOT post it and ruin them for everyone. PM me if you must, but otherwise keep it to yourself. These are for private enjoyment.
Oops sorry I will edit it
I love these riddles. They hurt my growing child's brain, though. Keep up the good work! Smile
I'm gonna get warned for this post, aren't I?
#5 seems sort of weird to me. Shouldn't saying "I don't know your number" be illegal if they're not supposed to say anything about the number? Then again, I'm prone to misunderstanding...
No,whats happening is he still saying he still dosen't know the other persons number because they start off saying they don't know each others numbers,theres a trick to it really,its easy for me,you have to look closely and pay attention to everything thats there Wink
(Jul. 30, 2011  8:48 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: No,whats happening is he still saying he still dosen't know the other persons number because they start off saying they don't know each others numbers,theres a trick to it really,its easy for me,you have to look closely and pay attention to everything thats there Wink

Haha, you say that but you got it wrong Tongue_out. Right logic, though. Pay real close attention to the skit itself. That's my hint.