Sonic Unleashed

All things related to the new game Sonic Unleashed go here!

Ive been pretty excited about the return of sonic, and when i saw this game (imo) the graphics were awesome and gameplay looked sweet. I also really liked how you werent just running a couple tracks and defeating "eggman" after every 3 or so. I dont have a link to a video, but you can search "sonic unleashed" on youtube and pick from any of them.

My review might be a bit biast cos i love sonic! XD .
Were-Sonic is a steroid abuser.

And the videos for Sonic 06 looked good, but then it came out...
(Oct. 28, 2008  12:37 PM)To Wrote: Were-Sonic is a steroid abuser.

Yep and after that sega fired sonic team and created a new one thats currently working on this title. So everything seems more likly to get a bit better from here on out. It's funny because it was sega that rushed the old one in the frist place resulting in that garbage we dare to call Sonic 06.
Will be interesting to see what this one looks like on once it is released.
(Oct. 28, 2008  7:45 PM)Kyanbu.XM Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2008  12:37 PM)To Wrote: Were-Sonic is a steroid abuser.

Yep and after that sega fired sonic team and created a new one thats currently working on this title. So everything seems more likly to get a bit better from here on out. It's funny because it was sega that rushed the old one in the frist place resulting in that garbage we dare to call Sonic 06.

Clearly they didn't fire the staff of Sonic Team USA, since after Shadow The Crappy Game, they lived on to create that subpar NiGHTS sequel.
I personally am REALLY excited about this one.

I also like the way that Sega is going about selling this one. Instead of showing us meaningless cutscenes and story drivel like they did with Sonic 06, they are actually demonstrating the gameplay solely (Except the "Endless possibilities" trailer) and showing us what it can do. Like a trailer is supposed to!

Ive already pre-ordered.
This one actually drove me to get a 360! lol
Too bad they don't have crush40 doing the track.
sonic fans love setting themselves up for disappointment
I'd probably end up buying the Wii verison if this game is decent, since I trust Dimps better then Sonic Team, even if it's with Level design.

Reminds me I have to pick up Sonic Chronicles for DS. Along with Transformers Animated...
I'm not so sure about Chronicles...
I'm down for the rpgness, but with Sonic?
(Oct. 28, 2008  8:54 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I'm not so sure about Chronicles...
I'm down for the rpgness, but with Sonic?

It has a medacritic of 74, much better then those past few console games...
its good to see some buzz has aroused Smile . i havent pre ordered it yet, but i should soon. does anyone know if this game supports wifi play?
The game looks somewhat interesting, but the werehog thing just sounds stupid.
(Oct. 28, 2008  11:10 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: its good to see some buzz has aroused Smile . i havent pre ordered it yet, but i should soon. does anyone know if this game supports wifi play?

I heard it was all solo, but the footage at E3(?) suggests otherwise...
sonic and the black knight looks better than this
I like the name World adventure better than unleashed.
(Oct. 29, 2008  2:02 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: I like the name World adventure better than unleashed.

Sonic World Adventure is a stupid name

should've called it Sonic the Werehog
(Oct. 28, 2008  8:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: sonic fans love setting themselves up for disappointment

Lol, that sounds like a true statement, but Sonic's past few excursions haven't been too disappointing. Pointing to Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic Chronicles here.

Sega seems to have been putting substantial effort to create a truly fun 3D Sonic game while still maintaining some of its 2D roots.

(Oct. 29, 2008  1:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: sonic and the black knight looks better than this

oh come on

I mean, SatBK should be alright if it is close to what SatSR was, but Unleashed looks to be the superior game. I can't wait. Even though there have been criticisms of the Werehog gameplay, and while it doesn't innovate in any particular way, it looks like a solid diversion to the Daylight gameplay.
This game looks great to be honest, its really capturing what Sonic is all about, Fast paced action and Speed, looking to be probably the best 3D Sonic game around at the moment, also borrows some ideas from Prince of Persia aswell.
(Oct. 29, 2008  7:29 AM)Sega Wrote: looking to be probably the best 3D Sonic game around at the moment

Not saying much.

I was hyped for this game when the first footage leaked ages ago, but when Sega announced the whole "Werehog" thing I completely lost interest.

Basically half of the game is going to be good or at least decent, and the other half is going to be Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.
this is pretty much every recent sonic game though

the sonic parts are usually pretty decent, but they wreck it by putting a bunch of carp in between the fun
lol, this game sort of reminded me about KH/KH2. Also, i think sonic unleashed is a far better name. and the werehog thing is just a waste of precious gameplay XD. i think the game would be far more enjoyable without it.

how many of you have pre-ordered or plan on buying this title? I am.
I'll buy it when it hits the $19.99 bin... after a month.
It'll become a player choice though.
Meh, either way, i`ll buy it.