Smash MFBs

Okay so is there something about the properties of the metal used with MFBs (or metal in general) that doesn't allow for a spikier Wheel?

With the current MFBs a lot of them have large parts which are hollow......but it looks like it'd be hard to make a decent smash attacker and still keep the hollow bits. It would end up like a sort of high Draciel (in my mind). I'm thinking that if they wanted to make one it would have to be a little flatter than the current wheels we're seeing? Or am I totally off with that asumption? Which would probably mean we'd see something similar to a weight disk because if we had a flatter wheel there wouldn't be enough weight on it......but I can't see them going straight back to an AR/WD format because that's kinda of going backwards......Plus, you know how they had those little holes in the bottom of the plastic ARs to keep them from breaking (much), would they still work with metal ones? Or would the difference in the way the particles move affect them? Would they break easier or be fine without them?
Also, what were the top smashers in the HMS series because I don't know/can't remember.

Aware that this could've gone in the 'Ask a question' thread but it was a large question and you may all have something to say on this one seeing as we're not getting many smashy MFBS at the moment......plus maybe people could share any ideas/designs for future smash MFBs?

Oh God. This is so rambly. *dies*
(Feb. 14, 2009  10:53 PM)Rocky Wrote: Also, what were the top smashers in the HMS series because I don't know/can't remember.

The top two Smash Attack AR's in HMS are,

Slash Upper (Slash Riger MS)
Jiraiya Blade (Jiraiya MS)

Upper Dragon (Dragoon MF) and DJ Spiker (Wyvern DJ) also have some Smash, but it is not nearly as effective as the two I listed.

I might post some more thoughts on Smash MFB later.
Isn't Aquarrios wheel smash?
You're right, Aquario has some smash. Pegasis doesn't work too bad, either.

The main thing all the MFB wheels are lacking to have good smash are points sticking out enough to create the smash, AND the weight must be concentrated on the outside of the wheel to make it fast enough to knock other Blades out. So far, we don't have a wheel that has both of this.
Also, I sadly see that with the current releases, MFB isn't a place for attackers, yet.
Good endurance combos, take Libra100BS, can't be beaten constantly by any smash attack combo.
I hope this will change when RF arrives at our stadiums.
I think Leone actually has smash potiential. Put the wheel on a low track and use an attack bottom such as Leone 100F, it isn't a bad combo for smash attack.

Dark Wolf DF145FS will be a 12-spiker maybe that will be MFB's first real smasher Smile
Leone's smash isn't too bad, but it doesn't work consistently enough, probably has too much recoil. I think Dark Wolf will be the first real smasher, since it seems they will spin both directions =).
I agree Leone has too much recoil, it's obviously a defence blade and wasn't made for attack (especially smash) but I still think that it's a really useful wheel Smile Hopefully Dark Wolf will deliver and give us a good attack wheel to work with.
Nahhh, it isn't defense, it just has some smash but its recoil is too high for it to work consistently. It's basicle a toned down version of an old draciel AR. It's basicly just too unreliable in a game where luck is already a bigger factor, you don't want to have to rely on it anymore than you have to.
Leo was intended for Defense, but the shape of the Wheel made it more of a Smash Wheel than a Defensive Wheel. Pegasis was actually the least aggressive of the first four MFBs, so I didn't think that had much smash.

Rather, my guess was that Pegasis105F was able to knock opponents out of the stadium because of it's high movement and the opponent's recoil. Pegasis wouldn't have much recoil because of the Wheel's shape, so it was less likely to be knocked out. Those were always my thoughts, not 100% sure if that's how it works. Anubis would likely be able to give clearer answers.

If Dark Wolf's spikes are facing the right way, we could have an awesome smasher on the way.
Pegasis makes a quite good smasher because of its weight being on the outside alot.
Compare the speeds of Pegasis105F and Leone105F and you'll see it.
Well, that is one of the reasons, but what Grey said is true as well, I believe.