Slow Typing

I'm not sure if this has been brought up in the past, but I'm getting pretty bugged about an issue with posting.

Oftentimes, when I type a sentence, the words won't appear right away. There's a 5-10 second pause, then a fraction of the sentence will appear, then another...like it's taking a long time to load what I type.

Is this caused by having multiple members active in a topic, or is it just some kind of bug?
I dunno if this is just me (I don't believe so...)

Any help would be appreciated.
I don't have this problem. When I type, it's at normal/instant speed.
Hmm...it seems that this only happens in Full Reply, not Quick Reply. And it only happens in certain topics...:\
I do not have this problem either when you are on the forums do you have other internet windows open as well that might cause you some lag??
It's lag, nothing to do with the forums.
Grey how is your internet do you have broad ban or dsl?
(Aug. 10, 2008  3:04 AM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Grey how is your internet do you have broad ban or dsl?

Broadband and DSL are the same thing. Smile

I think what you meant to ask was if he had Cable or DSL.
Yea i did sorry about that Im a little tired.
What browser do you have do you use, what specs are you computer? This shouldn't be a forum issue.
This is an issue with your computer, not the board.
I use Internet Explorer, with Comcast High-Speed (I believe).

Weird thing is, though, this problem is terribly bad in only certain topics (like the Gold/Silver Remakes topic in the Video Games subforum. It's terrible there). Here, in Questions or Suggestions, it's fine. :\

But, if nobody else is experiencing this, it probably is just my computer, like what most of you are saying. My computer isn't exactly new.
Certain topics will have longer posts. For example, that G/S thread has some really long posts that will be loaded underneath the reply form.
(Aug. 11, 2008  12:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Certain topics will have longer posts. For example, that G/S thread has some really long posts that will be loaded underneath the reply form.

Well, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. Pinching_eyes

I get this in the MFB topics (though it isn't as bad), which of course have tons of posts in them...

Alright, I'm guessing this was the problem, so question answered...?
Try adding some more RAM, I recently did because I saw problems like this on many websites (especially here and myspace). Normally it would occur when I have IMs open and playing song (specifically when a song switched). I just popped in another gig stick, everything is fine now Tongue_out_wink