Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

I just bought this game from GameStop. It is very fun! Spyro was my very first video game and I'm glad to see it return.

Discuss!

Skylanders list:

Spyro
Dark Spyro (Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS starter pack)
Legendary Spyro (Exclusive to Toys R Us)
Gill Grunt
Trigger Happy
Legendary Trigger Happy (Exclusive to Toys R Us)
Terrafin
Stealth Elf
Chop Chop
Legendary Chop Chop (Exclusive to Toys R Us)
Eruptor
Ignitor
Prism Break
Stump Smash
Flameslinger
Zap
Ghost Roaster
Voodood
Bash
Blue Bash (Exclusive to Toys R Us
Legendary Bash (Exclusive to Toys R Us)
Sonic Boom
Drobot
Boomer
Whirlwind (Exclusive to Target)
Dino-Rang
Zook
Wrecking Ball
Sunburn
Camo
Wham-Shell
Slam Bam
Drill Sergeant (Exclusive to Wal-Mart)
Lightning Rod
Warnado
Double Trouble
Hex
At GameStop, Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us; Skylander toys are sold, you scan the toys into the game and they come to life to be used in your game.
My last Spyro game was Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for the PS1, and I remember working hard on it. After that, I haven't played a Spyro game; but I saw this, and it made me slightly interested. Do each "figure" have different stats and abilities? Is this like an "MMO" type of game?
I have the 3DS game.

This isn't a Spyro game. It's a game that had Spyro splashed onto it because Activsion feels it would sell better with an established brand. Too bad this game would've still sold based on concept and quality without cheapening Spyro with a goblin like redesign.
I also have the 3DS game.
I was disappointed.
I beat the game in 2 hours.
Yeah, it's incredibly short. Though my play time was just under 4.

We should note though, the 3DS game is a completely different game from the console versions. The story, length, design, are all different.
Glad I searched before Making the another thread. I just bought this game for the PS3 and I am very impressed It reminds me of all the games I used to play when I was younger plus collecting figures have always been fun for me I wish they weren't sold out everywhere though ! The prices on these are a bit outrageous on ebay right now ! $100 for one ??? Dang I need to get my hand on that one ! Anyone have an extra Whirlwind or Ignitor for me Wink lol Anyways I love this game
Recently got this I'm on Chapter 8 mostly using Trigger Happy.
So my nephew is obsessed with this game, and I thought it was going to be terrible...But it's actually pretty freaking entertaining.
my brother owns the 3ds verson and my friend owns both the 3ds version and x-box 360 version. the game is cool and not bad gameplay and can get quite diffcult if your skylanders arn't leveled uped and upgraded enough. the 2 player mode is awsome but you got to make sure the skylanders are an even match otherwise the stronger one just bashes the carp out of the other one. i found out if you have both the 3ds version and a console version then you can level up the skylanders on the 3ds version much faster than the console version then just give all the upgrades on the console version. when i saw the reviews i thought it was going to be carp, but dispite the shortness of both versions of the game it's just the replay value, chalenges and how the toys work that makes it a good game, oh and the cut sceans are like a entertaining childrens television show on the console games. what i want is a sequal that has a longer, deeper story, can play up to 4 players and more elements (like dark and light skylanders), even special chalenges that only work with 1 or 2 skylanders, other than having just an elemental match.

ps: i have the wii version but it's a secret, my brother gets it when he pays it off and our wii gets fixed, but my brother doesnt know this yet.
You know, your best bet is to get the Xbox wii or playstation versions, the 3ds version is way to short and there is a difference!
The 3DS version just sucks.... way too short, but still, EPIC FUN TIME!!!! My friend has the Xbox version, and now all i do is play skylanders at his house when i feel like it..... Anyone seen or bought warnado or sunburn(adventure pack)????
Sequel announced:

Skylanders Giants hits this fall on PS3, 360, Wii and unannounced handheld platforms. There will be 16 new characters, with a bigger size class and lights/sounds. All previously bought Skylanders junk will work with the new Giants series.
I was wondering if this series would end up successful enough for a new game. Glad to see the old figures are backwards-compatible, too!
I wish some skylanders were not just exclusive to adventure packs, I wnted ghost roaster so I had to buy the 25$ dark light crypt adventure pack.
The Wii version is fun, but the sequel looks like it has a flaw. I saw on the trailer the giants could like smash chains and stuff, so will the older ones do that too?
Does anybody know the names of the giants?
Has anyone gotten their hands on any of the Gold or Silver Skylanders yet? Those ones are supposed to be extremely rare, actually finding any Skylanders in stores is extremely rare, lol.
(Feb. 11, 2012  11:52 PM)Harkins Wrote: Has anyone gotten their hands on any of the Gold or Silver Skylanders yet? Those ones are supposed to be extremely rare, actually finding any Skylanders in stores is extremely rare, lol.

My local Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us all have massive sections of aisles dedicated specifically to Skylanders, last I checked. Both Wal-Marts, in fact.

The Skylanders toys are in the Electronics department in Wal-Mart, and TRU and Target have them in both the Electronics and Toys aisles.
(Feb. 10, 2012  9:41 PM)Andy12 Wrote: Does anybody know the names of the giants?
There's one called "Tree Rex".

Yes, I know about tree Rex. There are also going to be eight new skylanders as well. I only know two, alchemist is a blue sort of monkey that can drink a potion. When it drinks the potion it gets big, not like when you level up, but it just plain gets bigger and stronger for about a minute. Then the new air skylander is a bird with a jetpack and some sort of gun. My guess on gameplay for it is it is like gill grunt but with air like abilities. I do not know this guys name.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iPcP5PjTHJc
Click the link for more info on skylanders giants, hands on vid!
(Feb. 10, 2012  9:27 PM)Titi Wrote: The Wii version is fun, but the sequel looks like it has a flaw. I saw on the trailer the giants could like smash chains and stuff, so will the older ones do that too?
No, the giants will be the only ones that can do that. But no need to worrie because the new skylanders giants starter pack comes with a giant!

i completed skylanders in 5 days my goal is to collect all the dragons
I've only seen footage of the game and I don't like it, but Spyro is even worse. He scared the life out of me after I saw him.
The redesign of Spyro, and the use of him in general, is widely agreed upon as terrible.

Then again, Spyro has been dead since the original game developers dropped it.
well we opened the wii one, my brother beat it in a well worked day, all 6 of our skylanders are lv 10 and fully upgraded. the battle mode and upgrade system is quite impressive. can't wait for the sequal. oh, would the new skylanders (not giants) would have the possibility of working with the first game? has anyone else noticed that the first game hinted the sequal?