Six/Eight/Ten Heavy/Balance/Wide

Just finished writing these up. Tell me what you think! Any suggestions or modifications are welcome. Maybe somebody who knows more about physics than me may be able to add some more depth to them.

Heavy
The Heavy series of Weight Disk's has three different versions that were updated as newer Beyblades were released. Chronologically, the first Heavy WD to be released was Six Heavy, followed by Eight Heavy, and finally Ten Heavy. The number before the word “Heavy” on each WD represents the number of sides on each WD (ex. Eight Heavy would have eight sides, making in into an octagon shape).

As the name “Heavy” implies, the Heavy series of WDs is the heaviest available weight disk (including WDs not in the Six/Eight/Ten sided category). Due to the heavy weight and the compactness of that weight, the Heavy weight disks are often used for compact type combos for the simple reason of increased RPM. When the weight of a Beyblade is focused towards the centre (as opposed to a Wide WD where is is focused around the perimeter), it's RPM will increase. This weight is also often put to use in Defense oriented customs, with weight being the primary concern in that type. Ten Heavy is the heaviest out of all of the Heavy weight disks, and generally speaking, is chosen over Six and Eight Heavy when customizing.

Balance
The Balance series of Weight Disk's has three different versions that were updated as newer Beyblades were released. Chronologically, the first Balance WD to be released was Six Balance, followed by Eight Balance, and finally Ten Balance. The number before the word “Balance” on each WD represents the number of sides on each WD (ex. Eight Balance would have eight sides, making in into an octagon shape).

The Balance WD has a weight which is between that of Wide and Heavy WDs. It's mass is distributed well, and in theory would be used for both Defense and Endurance purposes. That being said, there is numerous other options which are better for those types, and even Balance types which also in theory would benefit from this type of WD have much better choices (such as Ten Heavy). Ten Balance is the heaviest out of all of the Balance weight disks, and generally speaking, is chosen over Six and Eight Balance when customizing.

Wide
The Wide series of Weight Disk's has three different versions that were updated as newer Beyblades were released. Chronologically, the first Wide WD to be released was Six Wide, followed by Eight Wide, and finally Ten Wide. The number before the word “Wide” on each WD represents the number of sides on each WD (ex. Eight Wide would have eight sides, making in into an octagon shape).

As the name “Wide” implies, the design of the Wide series of WDs is one of the widest weight disks available. Along with having a large diameter, the bulk of the mass on a Wide WD is visibly focused around the outside perimeter. In comparison to Ten Heavy, and even Ten Balance, it is easy to tell the difference in weight. Most often, a Wide weight disk is utilized on both Endurance customs (as well as for weak Zombie's for those who do not have access to Wide Survivor or Wide Defense). Besides it's use in Endurance customs, Wide weight disks see extensive use on Smash attackers. With the use of a Wide WD on a Smash attacker, it's overall movement range and speed will increase, which is needed to have the highest probability of knocking out the opposing Beyblade. Ten Wide is the heaviest out of all of the Wide weight disks, and generally speaking, is chosen over Six and Eight Wide when customizing.

The one I had the most difficulty with was the Balance article. I have always been under the impression that it was useless and thus have not had an extensive amount of time with it in the past.

These have obviously not been formatted for the Wiki just yet, but I will do that tomorrow. Do you guys think adding in examples of a customs where each WD is commonly used is a good idea (ex. a Smash custom with Ten Wide)? And what should these articles be named? For example, should the Heavy WD article just be titled "Heavy" since it encompasses all three types of the Heavy WD?

I will be taking pictures of each of them tomorrow.
It all looks good to me except for the part where 10 Heavy is used in defense combinations. I have never heard of one being used in a defense combination. Don't defenses need to not only be heavy but have the weight still be centered around the edges? Such as Draciel S base?
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:32 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: It all looks good to me except for the part where 10 Heavy is used in defense combinations. I have never heard of one being used in a defense combination. Don't defenses need to not only be heavy but have the weight still be centered around the edges? Such as Draciel S base?

Being heavy and have the weight centred around the outside? You can't have both of those. Ten Heavy is commonly used among defense customs, I find it hard to believe you haven't "heard of one being used" in a defense custom before.
10 heavy should be used for compact combinations, shouldn't it?
but i always use a 10 heavy in all my defensive combinatios aswell. :\
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:35 AM)neek_alert Wrote: 10 heavy should be used for compact combinations, shouldn't it?
but i always use a 10 heavy in all my defensive combinatios aswell. :\

Yes it should, I mentioned that in the article.
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:34 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:32 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: It all looks good to me except for the part where 10 Heavy is used in defense combinations. I have never heard of one being used in a defense combination. Don't defenses need to not only be heavy but have the weight still be centered around the edges? Such as Draciel S base?

Being heavy and have the weight centred around the outside? You can't have both of those. Ten Heavy is commonly used among defense customs, I find it hard to believe you haven't "heard of one being used" in a defense custom before.

If your using a Draciel S base with 4 bearings and Wide Defense(is that heavier than 10 Wide?) it would be heavy while having weight around the edges, right (there arent that many defense parts, that, wolborg 2s, and seaborgs base)? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but I haven't noticed 10 Heavy ever being mentioned on here as being good for defense combos.
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:40 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: If your using a Draciel S base with 4 bearings and Wide Defense(is that heavier than 10 Wide?) it would be heavy while having weight around the edges, right (there arent that many defense parts, that, wolborg 2s, and seaborgs base)? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but I haven't noticed 10 Heavy ever being mentioned on here as being good for defense combos.

In that situation, yeah it probably would be heavier (don't quote me on that, I am just guessing). But generally speaking, using Ten Heavy is a good choice for defense customs.
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:42 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:40 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: If your using a Draciel S base with 4 bearings and Wide Defense(is that heavier than 10 Wide?) it would be heavy while having weight around the edges, right (there arent that many defense parts, that, wolborg 2s, and seaborgs base)? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but I haven't noticed 10 Heavy ever being mentioned on here as being good for defense combos.

In that situation, yeah it probably would be heavier (don't quote me on that, I am just guessing). But generally speaking, using Ten Heavy is a good choice for defense customs.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up then, just out of curiosity, though, what would be a defense combo that 10 heavy would be used in (like with what base, Draciel MBD/Seaborg's)?
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:44 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Ok, thanks for clearing that up then, just out of curiosity, though, what would be a defense combo that 10 heavy would be used in (like with what base, Draciel MBD/Seaborg's)?

Ten Heavy can essentially be used for any Defense custom. It is just a matter of what you are trying to accomplish, or your personal preference. One advantage that Ten Heavy has over WDs like Wide Defense (which is also commonly used for Defense customs) is the higher RPM it will provide.
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:48 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:44 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Ok, thanks for clearing that up then, just out of curiosity, though, what would be a defense combo that 10 heavy would be used in (like with what base, Draciel MBD/Seaborg's)?

Ten Heavy can essentially be used for any Defense custom. It is just a matter of what you are trying to accomplish, or your personal preference. One advantage that Ten Heavy has over WDs like Wide Defense (which is also commonly used for Defense customs) is the higher RPM it will provide.

What would the higher RPM help it defend against, though? Wouldn't anything with a rubber tip be trying to just outlast the opponent by taking the hits it gives out (while staying in the stadium) which means it would need more balance than a higher RPM (defending against smashes)? And then if it used Draciel S base, the 4 metal balls and base together make it heavy enough (to defend against upper attacks) that it would need balance more than more centered weight(especially if it has HMC as well)? IDK, I'm confused.
I guess the weight can help defend against upper attacks since it only works on blades lighter than itself, but you could also just simply switch spin directions.
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:58 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: What would the higher RPM help it defend against, though? Wouldn't anything with a rubber tip be trying to just outlast the opponent by taking the hits it gives out which means it would need more balance than a higher RPM (defending against smashes)? And then if it used Draciel S base, the 4 metal balls and base together make it heavy enough (to defend against upper attacks) that it would need balance more than more centered weight(especially if it has HMC as well)? IDK, I'm confused.
I guess the weight can help defend against upper attacks since it only works on blades lighter than itself, but you could also just simply switch spin directions.

If you have a higher RPM, your Beyblade will be tougher to outspin, which along with the weight you will have gained is something good to have against Attackers (heavy weight will make you harder to knock around, and if you survive the initial attack, you will surely outspin them). Higher RPM is never a bad thing. If you have RPM, no matter what parts you are using, your Beyblade will be better balanced.

It really is a matter of personal preference. Both Ten Heavy and Wide Defense are good for Defense customs.
(Dec. 30, 2008  6:03 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2008  5:58 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: What would the higher RPM help it defend against, though? Wouldn't anything with a rubber tip be trying to just outlast the opponent by taking the hits it gives out which means it would need more balance than a higher RPM (defending against smashes)? And then if it used Draciel S base, the 4 metal balls and base together make it heavy enough (to defend against upper attacks) that it would need balance more than more centered weight(especially if it has HMC as well)? IDK, I'm confused.

If you have a higher RPM, your Beyblade will be tougher to outspin, which along with the weight you will have gained is something good to have against Attackers (heavy weight will make you harder to knock around, and if you survive the initial attack, you will surely outspin them). Higher RPM is never a bad thing. If you have RPM, no matter what parts you are using, your Beyblade will be better balanced.

It really is a matter of personal preference. Both Ten Heavy and Wide Defense are good for Defense customs.

You should add some of this to the article, maybe, but yeah I understand what your saying. you should add that 10 Wide and 10 Heavy are both good for defense combos.
Just wanted to note, I'll adapt these articles so they are relevant to the primary HMS WDs (Circle Heavy, Balance, and Wide) since those need to be written as well.
The Official names for "Six Heavy", "Six Wide", and "Six Balance" are "Heavy", "Wide", and "Balance".
not reading this thread
(Dec. 30, 2008  7:32 AM)SexyMichael Wrote: The Official names for "Six Heavy", "Six Wide", and "Six Balance" are "Heavy", "Wide", and "Balance".

Oh yeah. I think I have seen them called that before. But it makes more sense in my mind to call them Six Heavy/Wide/Balance. If we just said "Heavy", then people will know what category of WD we are referring to.
I know it makes more sense to say "six", I just figured that you'd want the article to be all official and correct and carp.
(Dec. 30, 2008  8:30 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: I know it makes more sense to say "six", I just figured that you'd want the article to be all official and correct and carp.

Yeah, I don't know if we should stay 'official' and not change anything, or just refer to all 'Heavy' WDs as Heavy instead of the world just meaning Six Heavy.
The first 3 WD are Heavy, Wide, and Balance no?
Or is the "six" part included?
I think in the article you should refer to them as 'Six -----'. A lot less confusing even if it is slightly inaccurate.
(Dec. 30, 2008  9:09 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: The first 3 WD are Heavy, Wide, and Balance no?
Or is the "six" part included?

look up 5 posts

If I were you guys I'd make note of it in the article, and when referring to Heavy you could write it as (six)Heavy.
Are we going to mention the hasbro series that was slightly mismolded, and sometimes called the "nine" series? I don't know what should be done about them, or if it's best just to ignore them
I wasn't aware that there was a nine series.....Uncertain
what the hell?
Didn't the recolors have a 8 wide with a notch that made it look like a 10 wide? My old beyset used have tons of those mismolded WD.