Signature Chat ~[Now Hiring Moderators!]~

Thanks. Btw guys, it's going to be a bit buggy for a while since i'm testing the customisation system I'm implementing. As you can see, progress isn't bad.
yea you'rs looks awesome Medz, tell me when it's done!
I'll post it here when it's done so check back here in a bit. It shouldn't take too long, just a few more things till its fully functional.
Haha, it's really hard to read with your background...but is this how you're going to make it personalized? You can put your sig as the background?

Awesome.
Yeah I'm trying to make it so you can put any tinypic image as the background. I chose tinypic becaues that way I can't get hacked since tinypic does all the checking when a user uploads the image heh.
(Aug. 23, 2011  9:47 PM)Medz Wrote: Yeah I'm trying to make it so you can put any tinypic image as the background. I chose tinypic becaues that way I can't get hacked since tinypic does all the checking when a user uploads the image heh.

What about a photobucket image? Will that work as well?
and picasaweb pictures, i don't have tinypic
I guess I could add them in...but when I first launch the new feature, It will be tinypic only, really soon after that, I'll add in some other popular image hosts.

Also guys, you don't need to register on tinypic...
(Aug. 23, 2011  9:53 PM)Medz Wrote: I guess I could add them in...but when I first launch the new feature, It will be tinypic only, really soon after that, I'll add in some other popular image hosts.

Also guys, you don't need to register on tinypic...

So I can just re-upload my sig to tinypic?

That works perfect. Thanks, Medz!
Yeah. I'm going to use your sig to test the background if you don't mind for a few minutes.
hhhm, last time i opened it i got a virus, so i don't want to risk it, i'll just wait till when you add picasaweb
(Aug. 23, 2011  9:58 PM)Medz Wrote: Yeah. I'm going to use your sig to test the background if you don't mind for a few minutes.

Wow, it looks so cool! I know you're the genius, so I just would like to peep my voice. Maybe when you add the chat it shrinks the image to fit? I know that's probably tough, but it would allow for the whole sig to be seen.

Or maybe you could give us a size we should make them so they fit.
also the font colour should change, when i was looking at that i found it relatively hard to read
Ah you see on the original sig, those two translucent black boxes around the name and messages? I'm trying to add that as an underlay to the text so it's visible on nearly every background.

Also Sparta, I'd prefer if you guys made them to a certain size but I can add the resizing thing in future versions.
(Aug. 23, 2011  10:04 PM)Nwolf Wrote: also the font colour should change, when i was looking at that i found it relatively hard to read

That's probably more of a manual thing. Maybe an option for changing it yourself.

Then again, would that work? And where would you put it?

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut and let Medz do his thing Smile.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Medz.
Haha its alright, keep the suggestions coming. And also, 3 pages already Gasp
I wonder what else Medz can do, it would be cool if he could improve to the extent of making things like 3d model makers for the signature! now that would be impressive
Hmm I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. But also, do you guys think I should reverse the order that the messages are displayed?
(Aug. 23, 2011  10:08 PM)Medz Wrote: Hmm I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. But also, do you guys think I should reverse the order that the messages are displayed?

So it goes from top to bottom? Most recent appears below?

Yeah, I like it.
kk Ill do that now.

Edit: Done.

Edit Again: Nvm, it would show the messages that were posted first at the top and never show new ones.
yea i've been reading it the wrong way! also i meant that you made a system that makes crude 3d models, that you make, but you can fit in a signature, like you've already done, you know, so that people can easily make 3d stuff, without having to install anything, that's what i mean
If I understand what you are saying, that would take really complicated mathematic algorithms to be coded for that to work properly. I think that's out of my boundaries haha.
(Aug. 23, 2011  10:13 PM)Medz Wrote: If I understand what you are saying, that would take really complicated mathematic algorithms to be coded for that to work properly. I think that's out of my boundaries haha.

I still don't get it Chocked_2 I is jsut a idiot.

Medz, do you use java to code, or some sort of online programmer?
My signature chat was coded with PHP and MySQL. But here are all the coding languages I know:

PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Basic Java, VB, AutoIt, Some C++, DML, GML, AJAX.

And that's pretty much it.