Sig Background Graphic Battle V2!

It's the return of the sig background graphic battle!
The challenge and competitors!:
(Jul. 14, 2011  3:22 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2011  4:01 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Challenge time!
To: Anyone that wishes to battle! (Maximum 12 though)
Size: 500x150
Theme: Sig Background (Explained later)
Due date: June 30th
Voting ends: July 5th
Animations: No
Voting: Single vote w/ reason, if number of battlers >4, then double votes w/ reasons.

By background, I mean no text, no additional images, just a background you made yourself. No theme is necessary, and it must be original. Good luck!

It's that time again! By popular request, I'm issuing Sig Background Battle V2!

To: Anyone (max 12)
Size: 500x150
Theme: Sig Background
Due date: July 18th
Voting ends: July 23rd
Animations: No
Voting: (Where X=number of participants)
X≤4: Single votes w/ reason
4<X≤8: Double votes w/ reasons
8<X≤12: Triple votes w/ reasons

You must have proof that it is ORIGINAL. Not edited. When you send in the sig to whoever wishes to receive it, you must explain how you did it. For example (this actually is what I do though, so yeah):
(Jul. 12, 2011  4:47 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Just to clear things up now, I normally make some color mixes on a word document, then distort and layer the mixes with my image editor. I used 2 layers this time, and made the second translucent.

Pretty much, explain how you made it, and so long as it it fully original, you are all set. I hope to see some more voting on the battle this time around!

The competitors!:
Soul_!
Greimatter!
BurnBlader!
Vintage!
BeybladeStation!
NoodooSoup!
Xyo!
and Xlr8!

Competitors, please send your signature in to DeX, not to me. Voting ends 5 days after the battle, as custom. Send in your sigs by the 18th, and let's get this battle ON!
Ok, hopefully we'll get votes when this is up.
Already have 8 participants. Cool

Just one more to enter the triple votes area.
I sent mine to DeX Tongue_out
The due date's passed; where are the entries?
Take me outta this one. I was much too busy.
mwe too i m busy with school quite a lot i might participate in v3
oh sorry Tongue_out

here are the entries!

ENTRIES

entry 1
[Image: bokehbg.png]

entry 2
[Image: Sig%252520Comp.jpg]

entry 3
[Image: jgsaqh.png]

entry 4
[Image: di-3Q4L.png]

PM me if I forgot the some sigs! have a nice voting!(again, truly sorry Unhappy)
this battle was not as much awesome as the last one but out of all entries entry 3 looks best so i would like to vote for 2nd as the colour scheme of it is good
(Jul. 20, 2011  10:38 AM)Xlr8 Wrote: this battle was not as much awesome as the last one but out of all entries entry 3 looks best so i would like to vote for 2nd as the colour scheme of it is good

LoL what? You are voting for the third one but you said you like the second one?
Does the second entry really not feature an outside image ... ?
sorry for off-topic hey Kai-V? int that the guy from kamen rider 000 in your avi?
on topic Grin Hey entry 2 used a C4D and entry 3 is just a BG on the internet i saw on google once he just edited it Uncertain
EDIT: did not send mine because i was so BUSY Uncertain and i vote for entry 4
Or maybe they replicated it to look like the background. Considering some of the people that entered this one, it's not impossible for that to be the case.
(Jul. 20, 2011  11:24 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Or maybe they replicated it to look like the background. Considering some of the people that entered this one, it's not impossible for that to be the case.
Its EXACTLY the same Uncertain ill get pics after my exam i cant use the CP im just using it secretly and im on the mac Uncertain
Well, if so, you should post it and get them disqualified.
I think DeX would have said so, as all the participants had to include how they did it.

Plus, the entry has black and blue, whereas what you posted had blue, turquoise and white. Although they do look similar.
this "guy" sent how he made it:

This guy Wrote:1) Gradient Bars plugin for Paint.NET on half of the sig.
2) Unfocus on 1.
3) Frosted Glass.
4) Curves to make it blue.
5) Water Reflection plugin on the lower half.
6) Lower half of the sig, saturation lowered.
7) White Radial Gradient set to Overlay in the center.
8) Render clouds, then use Dents at a small scale, Overlay, lower opacity.
9) Random Shape Fill plugin for Paint.NET, grayscale plus signs, overlay, lower opacity.
10) 2 px Black border, 1 px white border inside of it, set to Overlay.

Then you're done.
isnt it cheating he just got it on the internet and edited it?
(Jul. 21, 2011  11:18 PM)Xyo Wrote: isnt it cheating he just got it on the internet and edited it?

It does not seem like he got it on the Internet ... ?
It doesn't look exactly the same, perhaps some inspiration was taken from the image you posted. If you really wanted to find out someone would have to follow the instructions to try and re-create it.

I think the rules would have to be more stricter to make the competition on a more even level. Something along the lines of only using the basic round brush, no images allowed etc.