Should the WBO add a sheet music section?

Poll: Should there be a sheet music section?

Yes.
66.67%
No.
5.56%
Maybe.
27.78%
Total: 100% 36 vote(s)
I'm aware there is a lot of musicians on the forum, so I thought to post this thread.

I was talking with Kai-V a while back about adding a section on the site for sheet music, she didn't seem to have anything against the idea, but we never talked more about it. If it were to happen, it would probably be in a side wiki sort of thing.

Such a section would work similar to the Beywiki. Basically, users can arrange sheet music from the series, and when they finish, save it in a PDF format (The PDF format is so you can't steal other peoples work.) They will then create a thread to place the sheet music in. Other members can look at the sheet music and critic it so the maker knows how to improve upon it. Finally, when the sheet music is completely finished, a staff member with a good understanding of Music Theory will take a look at it, and approve it. The approved sheet music will be added for everybody to enjoy. If there are no staff members that understand music theory, I'd be more than happy to help out. I'm a music major, and I've taken classes on music theory. I can not stress how much a good understanding of music theory is needed for this. Any musician can read music just fine, but if you don't study music theory, there are some little things you might not know about, which is why I'm willing to help if none of the staffs understand the rules of the staff.

Also, users can of course make threads in the section to help others, such a teaching them how to improve their arrangements, and make general lists of what everybody is generally looking for. Also, users who know how to can make threads supplying MIDIs for other members to use, to help the cause.

So, what do you all think?

EDIT: In case anybody doesn't know what sheet music is, here is an example using two of my arrangements. MIDIs are the audio files used so that the musicians playing can hear what it's supposed to sound like first

My Soul, You Beats!
Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites
There's already a media section. That's where people talk about stuff like Music and TV and other things. This thread is basically explaining those things. Your creations is where you can create your own things and share it with the World. Why have more Off-Topic Forums? The WBO is for Beyblade!
Wink
~X-Saber
I like it! Except, what is "the series"?
I am a musician myself, I play trumpet. This looks like a great idea!

@X-Saber: If this person talked to Kai-V, the head of the WBO, and she liked the idea, then the thread is not pointless.
Music that you hear throughout Beyblade. Basically, it's supplying everybody with the sheet music for the opening and ending themes, and the various background themes.
The series is obviously the Beyblade anime series...

I play piano and cello (piano is what I actually play, cello is school orchestra with occasional extra pieces), so I would enjoy this idea.

Ginga Blader#1, 'this person' has been around longer than you've heard of these forums probably, haha. But I'd like to see something like ZeldaCapital in terms of the amount of music we could compile.
(Jun. 20, 2012  2:56 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Music that you hear throughout Beyblade. Basically, it's supplying everybody with the sheet music for the opening and ending themes, and the various background themes.
Now that I think about it this isn't such a bad idea. I'm not really a music guy, but this is a nice idea. Good Luck because you will need more people going with this if you want it to come to life.
Wink
~X-Saber

(Jun. 20, 2012  2:58 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: The series is obviously the Beyblade anime series...

I play piano and cello (piano is what I actually play, cello is school orchestra with occasional extra pieces), so I would enjoy this idea.

Ginga Blader#1, 'this person' has been around longer than you've heard of these forums probably, haha. But I'd like to see something like ZeldaCapital in terms of the amount of music we could compile.
I had no idea you were a musician. You find musicians in some of the most unexpected places.

As for the music, I'd like to see some pretty good commitment here. Maybe as much commitment as the users on Ninsheetmusic have.

I'll do my best, as you've already hired me. XD
But seriously, just tell me what to do and I will do it, to my best ability.

Dang Ga! I had no idea!
I'd be willing to make some threads giving tips such as good programs to use, and how to arrange.

EDIT: Also, a thread offering support to members having problems with it.
(Jun. 20, 2012  3:04 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2012  2:58 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: The series is obviously the Beyblade anime series...

I had no idea you were a musician. You find musicians in some of the most unexpected places.

As for the music, I'd like to see some pretty good commitment here. Maybe as much commitment as the users on Ninsheetmusic have.

Really? I thought I had mentioned it before...

I could try transcribing the Beyblade theme or I'm Not Going Down for the piano I guess, but I only have some free time this summer. I'll try anyway, it'd be fun to attempt this project.
Hmm, so basically you listen to the music and make scores out of them(thats the idea I am understanding).

It seems like an excellent project to undertake, afterall-...we are "all things Beyblade"!

It would take a lot of effort and dedicated people to make this work properly. And if Bey-Heart is willing to do it and supervise the quality, then it should be approved.

Good luck!
(Jun. 20, 2012  3:10 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Really? I thought I had mentioned it before...

I could try transcribing the Beyblade theme or I'm Not Going Down for the piano I guess, but I only have some free time this summer. I'll try anyway, it'd be fun to attempt this project.
You probably have, I just missed it.

I've actually already done a Piano arrangement of Let's Beyblade, but I'm curious as to if yours would be any better. I'm also doing a band arrangement of it.

I'd be very excited to see I'm not Going Down, it's one of the better tunes.

I'm currently working on an arrangement of Sign Of Wish. I haven't decided the instrumentation yet though.

(Jun. 20, 2012  3:15 AM)Insomniac Wrote: Hmm, so basically you listen to the music and make scores out of them(thats the idea I am understanding).

It seems like an excellent project to undertake, afterall-...we are "all things Beyblade"!

It would take a lot of effort and dedicated people to make this work properly. And if Bey-Heart is willing to do it and supervise the quality, then it should be approved.

Good luck!
Yes, that's exactly what it is. And that's a very good point! Wink Considering all I do is music arrangements, I'm down for this. Musicians are usually a pretty dedicated bunch, so I know I'm not alone here.
beyblade and music go hand in hand,remember those first series-songs playing while bladers battling?
that was epic
it was like you're in the mood to battle,especially the song-rise above the storm
there were many other songs,but i liked it much and wondered why the metal saga didn't have any music during battles
great idea
Well I'm actually in a Gifted and Talented class for music so of course I wouldn't mind supporting this as well as helping out Tongue_out

I don't know a lot but I still quite a lot about music theory so I would be happy to help out there to Grin
I think it's unnecessary to have such thing...
i play the guitar...
Not a bad idea at all, and I've to go get a bodhrán during the summer for music next year, so I'll try chip in with it if I'm able to
Although it's kinda early, I would like to see a sheet for the ending song in Zero-G. I really like it and it is peaceful......

I also found some of the other Japanese ending songs. Here it is:
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Endings
(Jun. 20, 2012  9:25 AM)RAW Wrote: Well I'm actually in a Gifted and Talented class for music so of course I wouldn't mind supporting this as well as helping out Tongue_out

I don't know a lot but I still quite a lot about music theory so I would be happy to help out there to Grin
Nice! Musicians in classes like that are usually known for developing perfect pitch!

(Jun. 20, 2012  6:29 AM)zeneo Wrote: beyblade and music go hand in hand,remember those first series-songs playing while bladers battling?
that was epic
it was like you're in the mood to battle,especially the song-rise above the storm
there were many other songs,but i liked it much and wondered why the metal saga didn't have any music during battles
great idea
Rise Above The Storm was another one of my favorite themes. I used to know the name of the band that recorded it.

(Jun. 20, 2012  12:50 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: Although it's kinda early, I would like to see a sheet for the ending song in Zero-G. I really like it and it is peaceful......

I also found some of the other Japanese ending songs. Here it is:
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Endings
I think it would be smarter to wait until the full version of the song pops up online.

(Jun. 20, 2012  10:29 AM)BattleLion Wrote: I think it's unnecessary to have such thing...
Can I ask why you think that?

EDIT: In case anybody doesn't know what sheet music is, here is an example using two of my arrangements. MIDIs are the audio files used so that the musicians playing can hear what it's supposed to sound like first

My Soul, You Beats!
Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites
I'm currently working on arrangements of Let's Beyblade, Sign of Wish, and just started the theme of the Face Hunters to make sure that this section has at least a couple of arrangements as soon as it starts off.

Any members here know how to make MIDIs, please PM me!!
Everyone who said they would help out, we need to start NOW!!

I was talking with Kai-V, and she doesn't seem too convinced. She says she doesn't really see who would be contributing to this section other than myself. Thus, we need other members to arrange some pieces so we can show her. If this happens, we just might be one step closer to getting a sheet music section on the WBO

I'm sending PM's to those who previously said they would help. Also, any newcomers can help out as well.
Add something in your signature like me. Gets the word around Wink
Will do. How did I not think about that? O.o
That'll be great, i'm a Guitarist.
i'll help if u like.
That will be a nice change.
Just relax and listen music while browsing around.People could also submit their own made songs to earn more popularity.So sure you can add it.