Shinobi Saramanda SW145 SD Draft

Poll: What rating would you give this draft?

Five Stars
25.00%
Four Stars
37.50%
Three Stars
18.75%
Two Star
12.50%
One Star
0%
Absolutely hate it
6.25%
Total: 100% 16 vote(s)
This is my first draft, so all criticism is needed. I just copied all the descriptions from Beywiki, and only really wrote about the performance of Saramanda and a small bit about Shinobi.

Quote:
Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD

Number: BBG-02
System: Beyblade Zero-G
Type: Balance
Element: Fire

Note: Saramanda is a voluntary mispelling done by TAKARA-TOMY for "Salamander".

Metal Stone Face: Saramanda

Weight: 5.5 grams

This Face represents a Salamander, which, apart from being a real amphibian, also inspired some myths where that creature is not harmed by the fire element. The Face mark therefore shows a childish representation of a salamander with a flame in or on its abdomen.

Note: In the Booster BBG-02, the Face that is included is a Metal Stone Face.

Chrome Wheel: Saramanda

Weight: 30.6 grams

Besides the obligatory hole on one side of Saramanda, this Chrome Wheel's design generally consists of lines of scales and points coupled with some curves on the sides, near the hole. There are also two other smoother areas atop Saramanda, to break the patterns of sharp scales. Block-like parts reminescent of Leone's paws adorn two other portions of the sides as well.

When used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom:

Saramanda is decently heavy, and slightly imbalanced, so when on the top of a high Synchrom, it is great for providing the weight and wobble that a Force Smashing bottom Chrome Wheel needs. Saramanda does have some minor Smash Attack, which makes it a good Chrome Wheel to assist and add weight to a Smash Attack Synchrom. It also has above average Defensive qualities and can be used in Defense Synchroms when Revizer is not available. However, if one Revizer is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent, such as in MSF-H Revizer Saramanda E230RDF/RB/CS/RS.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom:

Saramanda has little to no Force Smash, so with the exception of assisting in a Force Smash combo, Saramanda performs the same on the bottom as it does on the top of a Synchrom. Again, when using it in a Defense Synchrom, if one Revizer is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent, like in MSF-H Saramanda Revizer BD145RDF/RB/CS/RS.

When in Synchrom with Itself:

Saramanda's side contact points line up almost to perfection when it is put in Synchrom with itself, and seems to have good balance since its weight distribution is consequently symmetrical. Because of this equilibrium, it has some minor Stamina potential, but not top tier. The combination of its weight, balance, and minor amount of Smash, make this an excellent choice for an Anti-Attack Synchrom. Saramanda Saramanda can also be used in a Defensive combo in the likes of, MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145/E230 RDF/RB/CS/RS when Revizer Revizer is not available.

Crystal Wheel: Shinobi

Weight: 5.4 grams
Shinobi's structure is very flat, but the upward protrusion that acts as the crystal that shows within Saramanda's hole is much more cylindrical than Samurai's. These shapes serve in allowing a particular mode change: Shinobi can be flipped and placed on top of Salamander to be in Crystal Up Mode. This underside-now-top reveals much more relief: some long, angled curves cover the more scaly part of Salamander, on the opposite of the crystal, and a few circular shapes generally follow the Chrome Wheel's structure quite well. That mode change allows the Crystal Wheel to absorb the shocks, and changes its performance significantly. Like any other Crystal Wheel, Shinobi is however too light to be effective versus all Synchrom customizations.

Track: Switch 145

Weight: 4.2 grams
Height: 14.5 millimeters
SW145 has three 'wings'. The gimmick of this Track is the ability to change from Attack to Defense by taking off the wings, and then putting them on the opposite way. The purpose of this is the ability to adapt to opponent Beys. In Attack mode, which is denoted by six grey claw-like stickers on the underside, the pointed ends of the Track are used for Smash Attack; meanwhile in Defense mode, shown by three triangular blue stickers, the edges are more rounded, in order to deflect opponent Beys. The modes are reversed for Left-Spin Beys. Testing has shown that SW145 is quite useful at attacking lower opponents in a similar fashion to H145 and R145. It is however outclassed for Defense purposes by GB145, BD145, and 230 due to the recoil it produces.
Use in Smash Attack Customization
SW145 finds a use in the rather niche customisation Lightning L Drago SW145RF, lining up with the heads of Lightning to provide Smash Attack.

Bottom: Semi-Defense

Tip Comparison: SD, D, and WD
Weight: 0.5 grams
SD is the reason to buy this Beyblade. Just as the Semi-Flat Bottom has a sharper tip than Flat, so too does Semi-Defense when compared to Defense. Before the release of SD, D was the absolute best Stamina Bottom available, but SD quickly took over the top spot, as is evidenced by the following tests:
Virgo DF145D vs. Virgo DF145SD

Balance Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher
20 Battles
Results:

Virgo DF145SD: 18 wins
Virgo DF145D: 2 wins
SD win percentage: 90%
SD is not able to wobble as much as D, so for defensive purposes, D should still be chosen over SD if you are trying to add some Stamina to your Defense custom. That being said, WD would be a better choice than D for that situation, and also arguably for Stamina as well because with the even wider tip. With it, it is allowed to circle the stadium in some situations when it is on a larger angle towards the end of a battle, thus outspinning D or SD based opponents. However, sometimes this does not happen, and SD easily knocks over the wobbling WD custom before it topples over itself.
It really comes down to personal preference when deciding whether to use SD or WD because they are so closely matched. For pure Stamina it impossible to tell which would win a given match, but WD would prepare you for more situations by being able to take hits better than SD. Test both and decide for yourself which one works best for what you are trying to do.
Use in Stamina Customization
SD is arguably the best of the "Defense" series of Bottoms, and its effectiveness can be utilized in the custom Burn Bull AD145SD.

Recolors-Up

Photos-Up

Overall:

Saramanda does not excel in one particular category, but is good in all categories. This makes Saramanda a wonderful Chrome Wheel to use as a substitute in most combos when a better Chrome Wheel is not available. SW145 and Shinobi have no competitive value, but SD and a MSF are useful in the metagame. Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD is a great addition to any serious Blader's collection.
At first glance, your vocabulary is not really high enough, and we try to write in the present tense as much as possible, because we state current, solid facts.
It's actually a pretty well written article for your first draft. Nice job!
I would do edits, but I'm on a phone. Like Kai-V said, we usually talk in present tense, though. I will do some edits at school tomorrow Smile
Any specific suggestions? Should I look up better synonyms and make the article talk more about it in today's metagame?
Edited this during school xD
Made a few changes to show present tense, and better word choice. Make any changes you see fit.

Quote:Note: Saramanda is a mistranslation done by TAKARA-TOMY for "Salamander", however Saramanda is this Beyblade's official correct spelling.

This Face represents a Salamander, which, apart from being a real amphibian, also inspired some myths where that creature is not harmed by the fire element. The Face mark therefore shows a childish representation of a salamander with a flame in or on its abdomen.

Besides the obligatory hole on one side of Saramanda, this Chrome Wheel's design generally consists of lines of scales and points coupled with some curves on the sides, near the hole. There are also two other smoother areas atop Saramanda, to break the patterns of sharp scales. Block-like parts reminescent of Leone's paws adorn two other portions of the sides as well.

In performance, Saramanda was shown to be useless for stamina, having very poor balance. In attack customs it did poorly as well, mainly because of a lack of prominent contact points. In defense, however, it was shown to performs very well, achieving better results than Duo against top attack metal wheels such as Flash and Variares.

Despite doing so well, it is outclassed for defense by the heavier, more defensive Revizer, which achieved even greater results. It is also outclassed by Killerken and Gargole, rendering it mainly uncompetitive. Despite being outclassed, it still has use in the custom MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145 CS, especially for those that don't own the wheels listed above.

Use in Defense Customization
Although slightly outclassed by heavier and more Defensive Chrome Wheels, Saramanda still has use in the Defense custom, MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145CS, especially for those who do not have the after-mentioned parts above.

Shinobi's structure is very flat, but the upward protrusion that acts as the crystal that shows within Salamander's hole is much more cylindrical than Samurai's. These shapes serve in allowing a particular mode change: Shinobi can be flipped and placed on top of Salamander to be in Crystal Up Mode. This underside-now-top reveals much more relief: some long, angled curves cover the more scaly part of Salamander, on the opposite of the crystal, and a few circular shapes generally follow the Chrome Wheel's structure quite well. That mode change allows the Crystal Wheel to absorb the shocks, and changes its performance significantly.
This, however, has no use in today's Metagame and
is completely outclassed by synchrom. so it has no competitive use.

SW145 has three 'wings'. The gimmick of this Track is the ability to change from Attack to Defense by taking off the wings, and then putting them on the opposite way. The purpose of this is the ability to adapt to opponent Beys. In Attack mode, which is denoted by six grey claw-like stickers on the underside, the pointed ends of the Track are used for Smash Attack; meanwhile in Defense mode, shown by three triangular blue stickers, the edges are more rounded, in order to deflect opponent Beys. The modes are reversed for Left-Spin Beys. Testing has shown that SW145 is quite useful at attacking lower opponents in a similar fashion to H145 and R145. It is however outclassed for Defense purposes by GB145, BD145, and 230 due to the recoil it produces.
SW145 finds a use in the rather niche customisation Lightning L Drago SW145RF, lining up with the heads of Lightning to provide Smash Attack.

SD is the reason to buy this Beyblade. Just as the Semi-Flat Bottom has a sharper tip than Flat, so too does Semi-Defense when compared to Defense. Before the release of SD, D was the absolute best Stamina Bottom available, but SD quickly took over the top spot, as is evidenced by the following tests:

Balance Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher
20 Battles
Results:

SD is not able to wobble as much as D, so for defensive purposes, D should still be chosen over SD if you are trying to add some Stamina to your Defense custom. That being said, WD would be a better choice than D for that situation, and also arguably for Stamina as well because with the even wider tip. With it, it is allowed to circle the stadium in some situations when it is on a larger angle towards the end of a battle, thus outspinning D or SD based opponents. However, sometimes this does not happen, and SD easily knocks over the wobbling WD custom before it topples over itself.
It really comes down to personal preference when deciding whether to use SD or WD because they are so closely matched. For pure Stamina it impossible to tell which would win a given match, but WD would prepare you for more situations by being able to take hits better than SD. Test both and decide for yourself which one works best for what you are trying to do.
SD is arguably the best of the "Defense" series of Bottoms, and its effectiveness can be utilized in the custom Burn Bull AD145SD.

Recolors-Up

Photos-Up

Overall
Saramanda, despite being outclassed by Revizer, is still a decent wheel nonetheless. Shinobi and SW145 have no competitive use whatsoever. SD is certainly one of the best, if not the best, bottom of the D-Series, and the Metal Stone Face is an added bonus. In conclusion, this beyblade is not a must-have, but nonetheless, is still a good purchase.

Since this draft is somewhat started now, I will go ahead and post some notes that I have made for Saramanda. This is just a quick overview of observations that I have typed up about Saramanda's performance.

Saramanda (Click to View)
Can the SD section be semi-rewritten as well?
I have less time but if allowed I can do it tonight, simply because of how old the section is now. The description and quality is vastly superior to the D article (I tried a rewrite in the Proto Nemesis draft if anyone wishes to see) but there are a few outdated parts I'd like to address if that is okay with the CMs/Mods.
I'm not an expert, but I think it would be okay. There is a bit of bad word choice in there. Just a question though, will you keep the tests that are already there?
It probably should be rewritten. Some of the information is outdated, such as the Burn recommendation, and there is some bad word choice in there.

Thank you for the edits BladerPegasis, and info Kain_Highwind.
I was more asking the higher-ups...

I would be keeping the tests because despite the outclassed parts they still depict the same truth. However, I'm more waiting for the approval of the mods.
I think that this is a pretty good first draft, much better then any I have written. But still, I think you're overrating SD a bit too much. It's kind of fallen out of use since WD/EWD is used for 145 and below, D is used for 170 and up, and PD has found its cache with 160.

On the other hand, isn't Saramanda in MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda B:D for stopping Dragooons? Maybe you should have something such as: "While Saramanda does not possess the defensive potential of Revizer or the balance of Killerken, it has found use in the combo MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda B:D, which has proven to be a worthy counter of Dragooon-based customizations."
SD is copied from older Beywiki articles for the sake of uniformity, which is why I asked to edit it.
(Jan. 04, 2013  11:17 PM)Wombat Wrote: I think that this is a pretty good first draft, much better then any I have written. But still, I think you're overrating SD a bit too much. It's kind of fallen out of use since WD/EWD is used for 145 and below, D is used for 170 and up, and PD has found its cache with 160.

On the other hand, isn't Saramanda in MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BGrin for stopping Dragooons? Maybe you should have something such as: "While Saramanda does not possess the defensive potential of Revizer or the balance of Killerken, it has found use in the combo MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BGrin, which has proven to be a worthy counter of Dragooon-based customizations."

I think that right spin wheel with decent stamina on BGrin stops Dragoon based customs. It was just a coincidence that they chose Saramanda. However it should be mentioned that it can do this I guess.
I don't know, people might think Saramanda is like Death then.

Does anyone else have suggestions? I'm quite sure this article still needs a lot of work.
The performance of The actual Chrome wheel needs a good bit of work. I'll make some additions tomorrow.
Quote:Chrome Wheel: Saramanda

Saramanda is decently heavy, and slightly imbalanced, so when on the top of a high Synchrom, it is great for providing the weight and wobble that a Force Smashing bottom Chrome Wheel needs. Saramanda does have some minor Smash Attack, which makes it a good Chrome Wheels to assist and add weight to a Smash Attack Synchrom. It also has above average Defensive qualities and can be used in Defense Synchroms when Reviser is not available. However, if one Reviser is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent. (Example: MSF-H Reviser Saramanda E230RDF/RB/CS/RS)

Saramanda has little to no Force Smash, so with the excpetion of assisting in a Force Smash combo, Saramanda performs the same on the bottom as it does on the top of a Synchrom. Again, when using it in a Defense Synchrom, if one Reviser is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent. (Example: MSF-H Saramand Reviser BD145RDF/RB/CS/RS)

When Synchromed with Itself:

Saramanda's side contact points line up almost to perfection when it is Synchromed with itself, and seems to have good balance since its weight distribution is now symmetrical. Because of its good balance it has some minor Stamina potential, but not top tier. The combination of its weight, balance, and minor amount of Smash, make this an excellent choice for an Anti-Attack Synchrom. Saramanda Saramanda can also be used in a Defensive combo when Reviser Reviser is not available. (Example: MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145/E230 RDF/RB/CS/RS)

Overall:

Saramanda is not great in one particular category, but is decent in most all categories. This makes Saramanda a wonderful Chrome Wheel to use as a substitue in most combos when a more prefered Chrome Wheel is not available. SW145 and Shinobi have no competitive value, but SD and a MSF is a welcome addition to any serious Blader's collection. All in all, Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD is not a must have, but is still a worthwhile purchase.

Here is a quick rough draft of only the stuff that relates to the Chrome Wheel itself.
Thank you!

Quick question- do you still think I should still keep the rest of my description for the chrome wheel in?
(Jan. 28, 2013  11:51 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Thank you!

Quick question- do you still think I should still keep the rest of my description for the chrome wheel in?

Quote:Besides the obligatory hole on one side of Saramanda, this Chrome Wheel's design generally consists of lines of scales and points coupled with some curves on the sides, near the hole. There are also two other smoother areas atop Saramanda, to break the patterns of sharp scales. Block-like parts reminescent of Leone's paws adorn two other portions of the sides as well.

I did leave this in there already.

Quote:In performance, Saramanda was shown to be useless for stamina, having very poor balance. In attack customs it did poorly as well, mainly because of a lack of prominent contact points. In defense, however, it was shown to performs very well, achieving better results than Duo against top attack metal wheels such as Flash and Variares.

I do not like saying that it is useless for stamina. Using Saramanda with another Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom is not a good idea for Stamina because Saramanda by itself is off balance. However, Saramanda Saramanda is quite balanced and has decent Stamina potential (i.e. it was pointed out earlier that some players have successfully used Saramanda Saramanda B:D). And as far as its defense uses, that is mentioned in all three sections.

Quote:Despite doing so well, it is outclassed for defense by the heavier, more defensive Revizer, which achieved even greater results. It is also outclassed by Killerken and Gargole, rendering it mainly uncompetitive. Despite being outclassed, it still has use in the custom MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145 CS, especially for those that don't own the wheels listed above.

Most of this is mentioned as well in one way or another. I did not mention anything about Killerken because I have never seen direct defense comparison tests between it and Saramanda so I cannot confirm that it is better. And even though I personally know that Gargole is better defensively, again I have never seen direct comparisons between the two.

Quote:Use in Defense Customization
Although slightly outclassed by heavier and more Defensive Chrome Wheels, Saramanda still has use in the Defense custom, MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145CS, especially for those who do not have the after-mentioned parts above.

You pretty much said this same exact thing in the previous paragraph. As an additional note, this suggests that Gargole is heavier than Saramanada, which is untrue.
KainHighwind's edits are up. Does anyone else have any edits or suggestions?
(Jan. 04, 2013  2:07 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD

Saramanda is decently heavy, and slightly imbalanced, so when on the top of a high Synchrom, it is great for providing the weight and wobble that a Force Smashing bottom Chrome Wheel needs. Saramanda does have some minor Smash Attack, which makes it a good Chrome Wheel to assist and add weight to a Smash Attack Synchrom. It also has above average Defensive qualities and can be used in Defense Synchroms when Revi[]z[/b]er is not available. However, if one Revizer is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent, such as in MSF-H Reviser Saramanda E230RDF/RB/CS/RS.

Saramanda has little to no Force Smash, so with the exception of assisting in a Force Smash combo, Saramanda performs the same on the bottom as it does on the top of a Synchrom. Again, when using it in a Defense Synchrom, if one Reviser is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent, like in MSF-H Saramand Reviser BD145RDF/RB/CS/RS.

Saramanda's side contact points line up almost to perfection when it is put in Synchrom with itself, and seems to have good balance since its weight distribution is consequently symmetrical. Because of this equilibrium, it has some minor Stamina potential, but not top tier. The combination of its weight, balance, and minor amount of Smash, make this an excellent choice for an Anti-Attack Synchrom. Saramanda Saramanda can also be used in a Defensive combo in the like sof MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145/E230 RDF/RB/CS/RS when Revizer Revizer is not available.

Shinobi's structure is very flat, but the upward protrusion that acts as the crystal that shows within Saramanda's hole is much more cylindrical than Samurai's. These shapes serve in allowing a particular mode change: Shinobi can be flipped and placed on top of Salamander to be in Crystal Up Mode. This underside-now-top reveals much more relief: some long, angled curves cover the more scaly part of Salamander, on the opposite of the crystal, and a few circular shapes generally follow the Chrome Wheel's structure quite well. That mode change allows the Crystal Wheel to absorb the shocks, and changes its performance significantly. Like any other Crystal Wheel, Shinobi is however too light to be effective versus all Synchrom customizations.

Balance Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher
20 Battles
Results:

Recolors-Up

Photos-Up

Overall:

Saramanda is not great in one particular category, but is great in all categories. This makes Saramanda a wonderful Chrome Wheel to use as a substitute in most combos when a better Chrome Wheel is not available. SW145 and Shinobi have no competitive value, but SD and a MSF are useful in the metagame. Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD is a great addition to any serious Blader's collection.
Awesome! Thank you Kai-V! I have no idea what was up with me and spelling Revizer with an S. Ha

Fixed a few more small things...

Quote:Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD

Saramanda is decently heavy, and slightly imbalanced, so when on the top of a high Synchrom, it is great for providing the weight and wobble that a Force Smashing bottom Chrome Wheel needs. Saramanda does have some minor Smash Attack, which makes it a good Chrome Wheel to assist and add weight to a Smash Attack Synchrom. It also has above average Defensive qualities and can be used in Defense Synchroms when Revizer is not available. However, if one Revizer is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent, such as in MSF-H Revizer Saramanda E230RDF/RB/CS/RS.

Saramanda has little to no Force Smash, so with the exception of assisting in a Force Smash combo, Saramanda performs the same on the bottom as it does on the top of a Synchrom. Again, when using it in a Defense Synchrom, if one Revizer is available, Saramanda should be placed in the Synchrom where it is not the main contact point for the opponent, like in MSF-H Saramanda Revizer BD145RDF/RB/CS/RS.

Saramanda's side contact points line up almost to perfection when it is put in Synchrom with itself, and seems to have good balance since its weight distribution is consequently symmetrical. Because of this equilibrium, it has some minor Stamina potential, but not top tier. The combination of its weight, balance, and minor amount of Smash, make this an excellent choice for an Anti-Attack Synchrom. Saramanda Saramanda can also be used in a Defensive combo in the likes of, MSF-H Saramanda Saramanda BD145/E230 RDF/RB/CS/RS when Revizer Revizer is not available.

Balance Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher
20 Battles
Results:

Recolors-Up

Photos-Up

Overall:

Saramanda does not excel in one particular category, but is good in all categories. This makes Saramanda a wonderful Chrome Wheel to use as a substitute in most combos when a better Chrome Wheel is not available. SW145 and Shinobi have no competitive value, but SD and a MSF are useful in the metagame. Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD is a great addition to any serious Blader's collection.
Thank you Kai-V and KainHighwind! I updated the OP with the edits!

Kai-V, is this draft ready for Beywiki or are more edits needed?
Not to be pushy, but is this draft ready for approval? I read it completely over and found no mistakes or errors, although I could have missed something.

Once again, sorry if I've come off as rude here, I'm just eager to get this approved.
It looks pretty much done to me. Kai-V has probably just been busy setting up the american championship thing.
I am confident with the extra work both KainHighwind and I did, so besides not being certain that a comma is required after "the likes of", this looks ready to go. ShinobuXD, will you be OK to publish this article on Beywiki ?