Scottish Beyblade Fans

Hi there looking to keep a thread open to connect with Scottish Beyblade Fans. It is my hope we can use this thread to connect and keep each other informed about upcoming events nearby.

A bit about me:

my name is Dean I'm a Beyblade fan from Scotland. Looking to chat,make some friends and learn all things Beyblade regardless of the generation. I used to be on here years ago but I wanted a fresh profile.

I've been into the game since Bakuten shoot (first generation) when I was younger and followed it all the way through to the HMS line religiously then fell off it, as kids do, after the franchise went on hiatus in the EU/UK.

I then returned to the franchise when it returned to the EU/UK with metal fight and followed it all the way through to the beginning of Zero-G and then fell of it again.

I sat out when burst was running purely because at the time I wasn't overly fond of the bey designs but that has changed over time.

I have now returned back to the game with the launch of Beyblade X here in the EU/UK and hope to follow it competitively. I have a deep love of this franchise and game as do most people on here but this time I'm determined to stick with it and enjoy it the same way I do continuously with many other franchises I've stuck with since I was younger.

Don't hesitate to reach out I love to chat and learn about the game.

My local card/table top shop in Ayr is looking to host a launch event this Saturday for Beyblade X so if that catches anyone's fancy I can pass on the details.
Heyo!

I'm based in Glasgow and currently I'm working with GR to make Beyblade X events a regular thing here in the city centre!

Feel free to reach out!
(Jun. 20, 2024  3:43 PM)Terravist Wrote: Heyo!

I'm based in Glasgow and currently I'm working with GR to make Beyblade X events a regular thing here in the city centre!

Feel free to reach out!

That's brilliant I hope youre successful and if you do get anywhere with it feels free to update me through this thread or DM as it might be something the guys from Ayr might be interested in. I had seen GR had their launch event for X last weekend but I wouldn't make it. I really hope it takes off. I've got a few guys here in Ayr who are all potentially interested in getting back into the game or already are. Once we have the launch event at our local card shop I can hopefully point some people in the direction of the WBO if they are interested in continuing to stick with the game and they can use it to further connect with and attend events in Scotland.
Scottish girly here, looking forward to tournaments! That sounds fun.

Also, hiyaaaa! Fancy seeing you here, stranger! Tongue_out_wink
Fellow Scot here, was really into beyblade in Plastic Gen (I would have been about 10?) fell off around the time they started turning metal, pyrely because access was limited.

Was at the Beyblade X event the other week at GR (I was the winner! 😎) and just picked up a stadium to play at home. Fingers crossed it'll be regular because spinning tops make hapoy chemicals go brr.

If I'm not working Saturday, I'd like to be at the launch even in Ayr!
(Jun. 23, 2024  1:47 PM)SyntheticNature Wrote: Scottish girly here, looking forward to tournaments! That sounds fun.

Also, hiyaaaa! Fancy seeing you here, stranger! Tongue_out_wink

I know small world eyyyyy 😜

(Jun. 23, 2024  3:23 PM)RizzemnTism Wrote: Fellow Scot here, was really into beyblade in Plastic Gen (I would have been about 10?) fell off around the time they started turning metal, pyrely because access was limited.

Was at the Beyblade X event the other week at GR (I was the winner! 😎) and just picked up a stadium to play at home. Fingers crossed it'll be regular because spinning tops make hapoy chemicals go brr.

If I'm not working Saturday, I'd like to be at the launch even in Ayr!

Aw fab congratulations on your win, how was the turnout for the event?Smile

Our local table top place unfortunately had to postponed the event that was meant to be this weekend (sat 22nd) as they haven't received their launch kit yet but they are going to run it once they arrived. I have my fingers crossed it'll be this weekend coming but I will keep you updated.

And big same shiny spinning metal or plastic make me go 👀
(Jun. 23, 2024  8:20 PM)zeroshiroyami Wrote: Aw fab congratulations on your win, how was the turnout for the event?Smile

Our local table top place unfortunately had to postponed the event that was meant to be this weekend (sat 22nd) as they haven't received their launch kit yet but they are going to run it once they arrived. I have my fingers crossed it'll be this weekend coming but I will keep you updated.

Iirc, we had about 8-10 people for the paid event, then about 5 or so more showed up afterwards for some casual beyblading, which wasn't too bad considering it was brought to our attention sort of out of the blue.

Sucks the stock wasn't in on time, I only just realised the post was made earlier than yesterdaya ahaha. Fingers crossed it'll be in soon, I'm wanting to get one of the new Weiss Tiger beys.
(Jun. 23, 2024  9:40 PM)RizzemnTism Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2024  8:20 PM)zeroshiroyami Wrote: Aw fab congratulations on your win, how was the turnout for the event?Smile

Iirc, we had about 8-10 people for the paid event, then about 5 or so more showed up afterwards for some casual beyblading, which wasn't too bad considering it was brought to our attention sort of out of the blue.

Sucks the stock wasn't in on time, I only just realised the post was made earlier than yesterdaya ahaha. Fingers crossed it'll be in soon, I'm wanting to get one of the new Weiss Tiger beys.

That's pretty good for the first day! What was price support like and how much was entry ?

Also yeah I've got a few more Takara ones on my wishlist, Weiss tiger being one of them. I cannot wait for cobalt Dragoon. The left spin dragon beys are always my poison. I've been on a bit of an out of control pick up spree recently recently XD I picked up pretty much all of wave 1 of the Hasbro lineup and then picked up a few of the Takara ones I really wanted. Probably will pick up more come payday. xD
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:44 AM)zeroshiroyami Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2024  9:40 PM)RizzemnTism Wrote: Iirc, we had about 8-10 people for the paid event, then about 5 or so more showed up afterwards for some casual beyblading, which wasn't too bad considering it was brought to our attention sort of out of the blue.

That's pretty good for the first day! What was price support like and how much was entry ?

Also yeah I've got a few more Takara ones on my wishlist, Weiss tiger being one of them. I cannot wait for cobalt Dragoon. The left spin dragon beys are always my poison. I've been on a bit of an out of control pick up spree recently recently XD I picked up pretty much all of wave 1 of the Hasbro lineup and then picked up a few of the Takara ones I really wanted. Probably will pick up more come payday. xD

There wasn't any official prizing, so it was just some Store Credit for GR Glasgow, which is vetter than nothing. £8 entry, £16 for 1st place. I'd like to think the prizing will get better if locals becomes supported by WBO distribution (if that's how it all works).

I have a few beys in my basket rn, for myself and my wife (I've dragged her into it now ahaha). Once some events are organised and approaching, we'll be picking them up.
(Jun. 24, 2024  10:17 AM)RizzemnTism Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:44 AM)zeroshiroyami Wrote: That's pretty good for the first day! What was price support like and how much was entry ?

There wasn't any official prizing, so it was just some Store Credit for GR Glasgow, which is vetter than nothing. £8 entry, £16 for 1st place. I'd like to think the prizing will get better if locals becomes supported by WBO distribution (if that's how it all works).

I have a few beys in my basket rn, for myself and my wife (I've dragged her into it now ahaha). Once some events are organised and approaching, we'll be picking them up.

That's pretty decent and yeah if it continues to be supported I can deffo see it.

And I've been much the same with my fiancé it was a bit of a joint decision to get back into the game and then I dragged everyone else i know back into it along with me we've got a wee ayr group of 4 and some other from round abouts lol XD
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:02 PM)zeroshiroyami Wrote: "And then I dragged everyone else i know back into it along with me."

They've dragged us all back into it. I thought those days were behind me. He's holding me at Bey-point. Please send help. XD
Hihi,

Just wondering if theres any updates about potential event in Ayr this Saturday?