School 'Class' Games

I've been wondering lately ever since I kept walking past my old primary schools and High School on the way to a local library. What games do you usually play in class as a class? not during Recess or Lunch; or what games do you remember playing if you have left school or graduated. And how do you play them?

For example at my 1st primary school ~ I remember playing "Golden Child" and "Over the river".

Golden Child: Needed is a basketball court, but only one hoop, and a soccer ball is best. The class is split into 2 teams (One half of the class is the running team, the others shoot for the hoop) The running team lines up at 1 corner of the court and the other team spread out around the inside of the court - one at a time a runner kicks the ball as far as possible and then runs around the outside of the full court. They stop running if the ball is caught (no bounces) or if the person with a ball gets it in the hoop and stay at the place the other team say "Stop!" - The golden child is the last person in the running team and with people stuck on the court that get passed by the last runner is allowed to run for home the game ends if the last person is tagged with the ball (the ball must be held in the hand when tagged).

Basically its like Softball of Baseball - only basketball court style.

Over the River: You need a Netball court (3 sections) and two teams again the class is split into the teams. The middle section of the court is the river, step on it and you are out temporarily (move to the sidelines). And you need a soft-ish ball that wont hurt you if you catch it. The kids with the ball throws or kicks it to the other side if caught by the other team the person who kicked it is obviously out (If a team member was out at the time the team caught the ball the 1st person in line is back in) and you continue until everyone is out from one team.

My 2nd primary school was "Freestyle Brandy" and "All over red rover/stuck in the mud."

Freestyle Brandy: Best place to play is on a large-ish grass area. usually 1-3 people have a small soft ball (no bigger then a soccer ball) who are "It" and the rest of the class spread around the grass area to run around and not bump into other students - the people who have the balls chase after the rest of the class and throw the ball at their targets (waist and below) the people who arent "it" can use there hands to protect their feet. when tagged the class members move away from the others and they are out for the rest of the game - last one no tagged is the winner.

Very fun game - i remember jumping over my friend who tried to tag me cos he dived at me. XD

All over red rover/Stuck in the mud: Can be played on a netball/basketball court or a grassed area the size of the netball/basketball court is needed. 3 people are "it" and the rest of the class it at one end of the court or grassed area, the people who are "it" call out a feature e.g. Blue eyes - obviously everyone with blue eyes attempt to the other side if tagged they stay where they were tagged and they become "it" last one standing again is the winner.

Has anyone played these games.. or questions about these games? Or have you played another game in class ... Smile
I have others but the above is what my classes mostly played Wink

Man, sorry about the long thread post. Pinching_eyes
......I never really played these games at school but i do recall playing tether ball a lot and being one of the best in my grade Grin
I remember playing this one game in Choir I'm not sure if it had a name but we called it the "Song Game". The class was split into two teams and the teacher would have a word up on the white board. The two teams take turns thinking of songs that has that word in it. When a team can't think of a song that's when the other teams win. It was really fun.
i rember at middle school we played a game called "pirates" where each team has 2 mats to move around the room and there was one big gym mat in the middle basicly what you had to do was knock all the other people off there mats to touch the floor anything went except punching and kicking,till only one person is still standing cause eventully there would be a point where people would turn on each other ect so much fun.

also long ball was pretty fun lol i used to be pretty active xD
There was also Celebrity heads, I spy etc XD
I remember HELICOPTER! when you spun a rope over your head and then once it hit the ground people had to jump over it Pinching_eyes_2
All about the Duck, Duck, Goose brothas.
wall ball or death
(May. 06, 2010  3:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: wall ball or death
dude wall ball was soo funn lol me and my friend used to play that all the time
(May. 06, 2010  6:14 PM)Taru Wrote:

one time i ran into the wall and got a concussion
lol was the worst we played money up the wall also the noney game where you thro your at the other peace of moneyand if you hit it you win people made money out of that
(May. 06, 2010  7:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 06, 2010  6:14 PM)Taru Wrote:

one time i ran into the wall and got a concussion
ouch..when i used to play we used to peg each other in the back with the tennis ball to tag the person out....it hurt especially when we switch to a hollow rubber ball ...
Four square,except only kicking Smile
I'd call it "kickball" but apparently kickball is now a word for soccer baseball o.o;'
(May. 06, 2010  10:04 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Four square,except only kicking Smile
I'd call it "kickball" but apparently kickball is now a word for soccer baseball o.o;'
i call soccer baseball kickball... lol and it is another game i forgot to add XD
Jackpot was the shizz!
I remember Duck, Duck, Goose... and Four square oh and Heads down thumbs up XD

Anybody ever played "hot potato" with a tennis ball? at school... I remember when I broke my collarbone it was the only game i could play - I broke my right collarbone, but im left handed... DAMN! i could have gotten out of school work. Tongue_out
(May. 07, 2010  2:11 AM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: I remember Duck, Duck, Goose... and Four square oh and Heads down thumbs up XD

Anybody ever played "hot potato" with a tennis ball? at school... I remember when I broke my collarbone it was the only game i could play - I broke my right collarbone, but im left handed... DAMN! i could have gotten out of school work. Tongue_out

Oh I remember Duck, Duck Goose and Heads down Thumbs up XD. I also remembering playing Red rover man that game can kill your arms.
Middle School sucks, there are no fun games in gym. We just run laps. But I remember last year in Elementary School we played this game called Battle Ship. The class was split into two. In each half the players were split into smaller groups of three, four, or five. Each of these section had a mat which you had to stand on and three pins for three people to guard. If you stepped off a mat you were out. You got dodgeballs to throw at the other teams pins. The forth person had a scooter type thing in which they rolled around the court to bring dodgeballs back to there sections mat. The three guards guarded there own pins while throwing dodgeballs. The team witch had all there pins knocked down first lost.
4 square
balloon volleyball-line up like 9 desks with 2 teams and play volleyball in the room
fun games?

jeopardy we played it alot in history and eco, that was in highschool. dont quite remember anything really fun we did in class before that. i was usally in different classes then normal kids.

if computer games work in 2nd grade we used to play Oregon trail......kind of weird. not quite sure what that was supost to teach us but i understand it now that im going to taxidermy school .....weird how that works out.
*shudders* Jeopardy, we still play that in Biology, I hate it!

We used to play Squiggles aswell, and two sqiggles are drew on the bored and one person had to take on one squiggle and make a picture out of it, the best was the winner Smile Fantabulous game!
There's soo many.
I remember "kingball" (similar to dodge ball), "Hangman", Ultimate Frisbee, "Octupus", "Bullrush".
(May. 06, 2010  7:49 PM)MortalNerd Wrote: Heads down thumbs up! Best game ever !!
I love that game!
I remembered, "duck duck goose", when i was a litte kid! "simen says" ...trying to think of something more reasonable then jeopardy.... "truth or lie" think that was fun... but im a boring person XD
4square? is that like king's court? epic game