Saudades [pen drawing]

[Image: saudadesch2.th.jpg]

Inspired by and dedicated to my boyfriend. /soppy carp
"Saudades" is a song composed and performed by Michael and, as I adore combining imagery and music, this piece is my artistic and surreal representation of the piece.

If you want to listen to it, by any chance, head on over to his Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/imageandmusic

I'd love to know what you think!
Beautiful. You are so talented.
The texture of the birds' feathers was expertly done. You should be very proud of yourself, my dear.
Brad: Aww.. thank you so much! This is perhaps my favourite drawing of mine now; even though the subject matter can perhaps seem dark and melancholy, this is a drawing about love.

Ommy: Thanks! I have been defining a style for myself for quite a while now and I think I have definitively discovered it through this drawing. I use pictures as references, but I do not copy every detail explicitly - a lot of the fun of shaping a piece of artwork comes out of injecting your own personal nuances into it.
Surrealism, to me, is one of the greatest forms of art as it reflects the subconscious - the true root of the human mind. I want my drawings to be a subtle balance between reality and dreams.
It's astonishingly realistic the beaks the eyes... everything looks so real.. I'm awe struck.
With every piece you put out you seem to increase your skills ten fold.

I'm envious; I wish I could do that. hahaha

Very nice, Alice. <3
Ozuma: I'm glad you think it looks so! I tried to stay true to the images of the parakeet and canary (for those of you who know your birds lawl) whilst at the same time making them my own. Thanks for looking!

Roan: tbh... I'm flattered. 8D Thank you so much!
Wow. Alice, you are the best artist I've ever spoken to. I didn't know you were an artist! This is amazing.
Very, very awesome, Alice. What type of pen did you use to ink? The details are so fine and you can tell you put a lot into it. Good show Grin
I keep thinking the title of this thread is Saudies.
Neko: Aw, thanks! That's really nice of you.

Toto: Thank you! I just used an ordinary biro pen, I love using them:

[Image: 22281458.jpg]

Sam: Why not practice? It's very rewarding and a great emotional outlet. Smile
Alice: because like I don't even know the most basic things and don't know how to learn them