Samurai Tank

Ichida posted this on BBF, and I wanted to discuss it more.

Azure Ichida Wrote:Fleets told me this was illegal, but I wanted to make sure; this is something I came up with haphazardly while toying around with my HMS parts. Is it legal to be using Samurai Changer's CWD piece on an actual CWD upside down, with another of the same CWD on the Battle Change Core? Though I wasn't expecting it to, this does all fit together. The slope on the CWD rests on the slope of the core's CWD surprisingly snugly.

I attached the photo that was taken by King of Darkness. Can anyone talk about how this performs?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

I'll be sure to post about this combo tomorrow. I just put my beys away as my dad is watching a baseball game.
I haven't actually tried it in battle, but from what it feels like, it'd be really heavy, but the bumps on the CWD seem like they'd give killer recoil with that much weight on it.
I don't see what's so illegal about it, it's all hasbro/takara parts with no modification...
i've always thought it'd be illegal to put 2 CWD's onto the same blade. and id imagine the only advantage that thing would have would be its weight because it is much too tall for the AR to hit things. with 2 CWD's on top of each other it gets rid of any upper or force smash it had
Fleetscut Wrote:i've always thought it'd be illegal to put 2 CWD's onto the same blade. and id imagine the only advantage that thing would have would be its weight because it is much too tall for the AR to hit things. with 2 CWD's on top of each other it gets rid of any upper or force smash it had

Samurai Changer has a CWD plastic part on its BB, so it's perfectly legal.
the way he worded the post though its sounded like he was using 2 CWD
Fleetscut Wrote:the way he worded the post though its sounded like he was using 2 CWD

Of course, it's impossible to do this.
I said 2 of Samurai Changer's CWD pieces, not 2 actual CWDs.
Okay guys, I ran some tests with Samurai Tank.

Test 1: in TBTS
vs.
AR: Samurai Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode

Both in Right Spin
1st Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout
2nd Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
3rd Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
4th Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
5th Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
Samurai Tank wins 1/5 rounds

Test 2: in TBTS
Samurai Tank in Left Spin
Upper Attacker in Right Spin
1st Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
2nd Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
3rd Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
Samurai Tank wins 0/5 rounds

Test 3: in TBTS
Samurai Tank in Right Spin
Upper Attacker in Left Spin
1st Match: Tie
2nd Match: Tie
3rd Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout

Test 4: in TBTS
Both in Left Spin
1st Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout
2nd Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout
3rd Match: Samurai Tank wins by outspin
Samurai Tank wins 3/5 rounds

Test 5: in TB
vs.
Wolborg MS

Both in Right Spin
1st Match: Samurai Tank loses by outspin
2nd Match: Samurai Tank loses by outspin
3rd Match: Samurai Tank loses by outspin
4th Match: Samurai Tank wins by outspin
5th Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout
In the fourth match of this test it became blatantly obvious that Samurai Tank has some force smash ability. But, I think it is only works with good positioning (slope of the stadium plus positioning) This is the only way Samurai Tank could outspin Wolborg MS, and it happens very rarely.
Samurai Tank wins 2/5 rounds

Test 6: in TB
Wolborg MS in Left Spin
4th Match: Samurai Tank loses by outspin

Test 7: in TB
Wolborg MS in Right Spin
5th Match: Samurai Tank loses by outspin

Test 8: in TB
Both in Left Spin
4th Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout

Test 9: in TB
vs.
AR: Samurai Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode

Both in Right Spin
1st Match: Samurai Tank loses by knockout
3rd Match: Samurai Tank wins by outspin
5th Match: Samurai Tank wins by outspin
Samurai Tank wins 2/5 rounds

Test 10: in TB
Upper Attacker in Right Spin
5th Match: Tie

Test 11: in TB
Upper Attacker in Left Spin

Test 12: in TB
Both in Left Spin
1st Match: Tie by knockout
2nd Match: Samurai Tank wins by outspin
3rd Match: Samurai Tank wins by knockout
4th Match: Samurai Tank wins by outspin
Samurai Tank wins 3/5 rounds
that things only advantage is its weight. if it gets a good hit by an attacker it's height will cause it to loose balance easily. i assume thats what happened in a few of the battles it lost by out spin?
Wow, depressing results. Unhappy
Fleetscut Wrote:that things only advantage is its weight. if it gets a good hit by an attacker it's height will cause it to loose balance easily. i assume thats what happened in a few of the battles it lost by out spin?

Yes, especially in TB. The height didn't work well at all with the slope of the stadium.

Tamer Brad Wrote:Wow, depressing results. Unhappy
I was kind of expecting these results. I'd like to experiment with God Ring though. Although, I think it still wouldn't get much farther.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:that things only advantage is its weight. if it gets a good hit by an attacker it's height will cause it to loose balance easily. i assume thats what happened in a few of the battles it lost by out spin?

Yes, especially in TB. The height didn't work well at all with the slope of the stadium.

I was kind of expecting these results. I'd like to experiment with God Ring though. Although, I think it still wouldn't get much farther.

Well from what I learned from experience, two of the same free spinning CWDs don't really work too often together.

Anyways, thanks for testing this out for the rest of us!
well especially in this case because they way they were positioned only canceled out the effect that each would have had individually
G Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:

Well from what I learned from experience, two of the same free spinning CWDs don't really work too often together.

These CWDs aren't free spinning, are they?
im pretty sure i remember them being free spinning
I know it isn't free spinning when attached to the RC.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
G Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:

These CWDs aren't free spinning, are they?

I know they're fixed, but I was saying that two God Rings might not work so well.
Basically, what this creates is a less efficient version of the Rubber Weight RC. It's not as well balanced, and the "wall" effect it creates is compromised by the gaps between parts.
Another thing with this combo is that the RC can't have a perfect flat tip due to the setup of both CWDs plastic parts, which kinda takes away from it's potencial as an heavy attacker. The way the tip is out can still makes it work metal change like though, but pure attacking would be better. I guess this is best left out for the SCMS Free Crusher combo.

A better way to use SCMS with a fixed tip is with Defense Ring and SCMS CWD plastic part. The the small nubs allow it to stay fixed, while you can change it manualy between flat, metal change like angle and sharp/semi-flat.

I wouldn't use any as pure defensive combos though and I prefer to leave attacking to Grip Flat smashers most of time.
The CWD is fixed.
My Samurai tank had the sharp tip, which makes it just a heavy defenser. It may require switching the CWDs around, but you can use this combo with Battle Change's sharp tip.
hmm if it wasnt running around the slopes then it might have a much better chance of winning. though all you need is for a blade with some nice upper to come along...
Although I did not test it in depth,
I don't think those above results are entirely realistic. I was impressed buy its abilty to knock out.
Also depending on the intial setting of the rc, the mode can change with a hard hit, prompting an agressive counter attack.

i think for now this combo is underrated