Same Ol' Blader

WOOOOW!!! Beyblade truly does live on! I'm glad. Since Beyblade fell out off the spotlight some...4 YEARS AGO?! (Dear gawd, I'm old. Lips_sealed)

But back in the day, I was known as Reige, a well-known from the Beyblade-Damashii forums and various others. (If there are anyone who remembers me, "WAS'SUP?!")

My 'Blader resumé includes being a former player and co-founder of the BBA Livewire, who won 4 consecutive championships in the sponsored domestic tournament "B-1". The Driger-series Beyblade was/is my primary 'Blade which was ideal for my specialized "Zoning" play. And in my time, I founded two teams; Claw and the Ganj-sengumi.

...Now that I think about it, I really WAS a geek 'bout this. (LOL) I even still have all of my Driger 'Blades, Slash thru Metal Slash. But...hey. Nice to meetcha'. B)
Well-known? hm ...

Um, what's "zoning"?
Just a simple term for out-prioritizing of your enemy's moves by positioning your 'Blade @ the most advantageous "zone" for your 'Blade's movements. Essentially, it helps to punish any entry angle or attack of your opponent's. You know, shooting your 'Blade in an area of the dish where it can make the most of its abilities. I call it "Zoning" for easier reference.

"Bey Brad"? Did you ever go by the tag, "Tamer Brad" b4?
Ganj Wrote:Just a simple term for out-prioritizing of your enemy's moves by positioning your 'Blade @ the most advantageous "zone" for your 'Blade's movements. Essentially, it helps to punish any entry angle or attack of your opponent's. You know, shooting your 'Blade in an area of the dish where it can make the most of its abilities. I call it "Zoning" for easier reference.

yes

also everything you said is ridiculous, every blader worth a damn does that, it's not a technique, it's called "not shooting in a stupid place"
Bey Brad Wrote:
Ganj Wrote:Just a simple term for out-prioritizing of your enemy's moves by positioning your 'Blade @ the most advantageous "zone" for your 'Blade's movements. Essentially, it helps to punish any entry angle or attack of your opponent's. You know, shooting your 'Blade in an area of the dish where it can make the most of its abilities. I call it "Zoning" for easier reference.

yes

also everything you said is ridiculous, every blader worth a damn does that, it's not a technique, it's called "not shooting in a stupid place"
I know I just call it "Zoning" instead of saying "My play style does such and such". Too much wording; just make a easy-to-remember term so one won't forget. Nothing special, you see. Besides, it helps when I show kids how to play; you can't expect where one to know how the technicals flat-out; this just makes it eeasier to show them. Then they can choose how they want to play.

LOL! And where do you see where I say it was a technique? I only referred to it as a play...as in play-style. You're reading too much into things.

It's nice to see you're still the same, Bey/Tamer Brad.
Yeah, you know, if Brad and I can't remember you on BD, chances are you really weren't as well known as you like to think you are.
Ganj Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:

yes

I know I just call it "Zoning" instead of saying "My play style does such and such". Too much wording; just make a easy-to-remember term so one won't forget. Nothing special, you see. Besides, it helps when I show kids how to play; you can't expect where one to know how the technicals flat-out; this just makes it eeasier to show them. Then they can choose how they want to play.

LOL! And where do you see where I say it was a technique? I only referred to it as a play...as in play-style. You're reading too much into things.

It's nice to see you're still the same, Bey/Tamer Brad.

as the community founder and administrator i can safely say you are not off to the best start here
AnnieDuck Wrote:Yeah, you know, if Brad and I can't remember you on BD, chances are you really weren't as well known as you like to think you are.
Wait, wasn't I called Rei Kon? I had that "Rei Kon avatar sitting under the waterfall". Meh. But anyways, I phased out towards the some months b4 the board died. Work and all got in the way. But it's not a big deal if don't remember me. It has been like 4 years, and I can't remember you either, my friend. I only remember Brad because of the 'Brad' part. It kinda stuck out. $)

Bey Brad Wrote:as the community founder and administrator i can safely say you are not off to the best start here

OHHH yeah. Pinching_eyes_2 But it's no big deal. But this IS a first.
"I was known as Reige,"

yes you are a consistent individual
AnnieDuck Wrote:"I was known as Reige,"

What can I say? I can't help it. You pick "Reige" for a user name, click "Process" and [BAM] "invalid". You gotta make with it whatcha' got, ya' know? Tell ya' what, You tell me a way to use a taken username and you'll be a millionaire...$)
specialized play style usually refers to an exclusive style of playing, or a technique.

technique: a method or way of doing something.

really easy to confuse what you say, although by reading your other posts your typespeak is rather weird.
Ganj Wrote:
AnnieDuck Wrote:"I was known as Reige,"

What can I say? I can't help it. You pick "Reige" for a user name, click "Process" and [BAM] "invalid". You gotta make with it whatcha' got, ya' know? Tell ya' what, You tell me a way to use a taken username and you'll be a millionaire...$)

what the hell are you talking about, you said you were known as Reige on BD, now you're saying you were Rei Kon, which is it?

flashfox Wrote:specialized play style usually refers to an exclusive style of playing, or a technique.

technique: a method or way of doing something.

really easy to confuse what you say, although by reading your other posts your typespeak is rather weird.

he tries too hard to sound smart