Saddest anime moments/deaths

In this thread you can post saddest things that happened in any anime and/or manga.
Ok here are the saddest moments I've seen

Itachi's death (Naruto Shippuden)
Inori's death (Guilty Crown)
Jiraiya's death (Naruto Shippuden)
Ryuga dissapears (MFB 4D)
L's death (Death Note)
I dont cry during anime/manga, and I don't usually get said either. These are characters in a fictional story...do I become invested in them? Absolutely. But do I become overcome with grief upon character deaths? Hell no. A series like Naruto could never even come close to drawing that much emotion from me....

You want to cry for real and not over characters that mean nothing? Go watch AnoHanna, then talk to me about the definition of sad. I held it all back until the 11th and final episode, and then lost it. I have never felt that way in my entire life, and I will be damned if I never take what I felt from that show with me for the rest of my life.
(Aug. 14, 2014  12:43 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: I dont cry during anime/manga, and I don't usually get said either. These are characters in a fictional story...do I become invested in them? Absolutely. But do I become overcome with grief upon character deaths? Hell no. A series like Naruto could never even come close to drawing that much emotion from me....

You want to cry for real and not over characters that mean nothing? Go watch AnoHanna, then talk to me about the definition of sad. I held it all back until the 11th and final episode, and then lost it. I have never felt that way in my entire life, and I will be damned if I never take what I felt from that show with me for the rest of my life.

I'll watch it tommorow after school Smile
Best of luck. You are in for a real treat though.....easily one of the best anime I have ever watched
(Aug. 14, 2014  1:35 PM)LeonTempest Wrote: Best of luck. You are in for a real treat though.....easily one of the best anime I have ever watched

Ok,I think I'll be able to watch atleast 3 episodes after school tommorow Joyful_3
Honma, Meiko: AnoHanna. This really destroyed me...

L: Death Note. My my my boyfriend died....

Nagisa: Clanned. I kinda looked up spoilers and knew she was gonna die. But the next one...

Ushio: Clanned. I did not see this coming. I literally cried during every Ushio sad scene.

Sheele: Akame ga Kill: It was a shame to say goodbye to a character so early. I'll admit it had to happen. But the way she dies...

Yukiko: 11 Eyes. ...

I've got tons more! I'll think I'll post em later.
my list goes :
kamina
L
The ending to psg ( and the lack of season 2)
all of flcl made me cry, carping gainax.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Nina's HORRIBLE result of chimera experimentation, then she gets killed as a dog, well it's good the man tried to send her to heaven but it's extremely upsetting to watch her cry as a dog, it's HORRIBLE, ugh Shou Tucker was an extraordinarily bad parent, like I'm impressed, a terrible anime character.

Nina was a sweet happy child and Shou just crossed the line!(I know he didn't kill her but it made the scene sadder and lead to her to be killed)

I was scarred for life...

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that death of Cosmo in Sonic X, even the weird 4kids version, it did a lot of damage to my soul, and it was upsetting she was actually killed by Tails as they were both good together, and it was at it's own timeline from the Sonic games timeline, so I could have wished she wasn't killed, and 4Kids lied that part where her spirit talks to Son OAS he is laying on a tree, it was originally someone else. The death however was nice and moving.
For FMA, the few things the original anime ALWAYS does better are emotional moments. Rose, Nina (jeezus flippin pancakes man), and the hommunculi's stories. Maybe because it was first and there is less of an impact the second time around, but in Brotherhood I felt very little connection to these same characters. The hommunculi themselves were obvioulsy less of a focus in Brotherhood...Scar was also a sadder, more interesting character in the original, as well as several other characters. Hughes death in Brotherhood almost felt like an afterthought; we barley knew him.
Nnoitora, Grimmjow, and especially Ulqiorra all were so sad to me. You wouldn't think an espada death would affect anyone, but I mean, they all died so heroically and fighting for what they want. I hate Bleach now since the final Aizen fight but those are definitely all sad. Gin's death almost put me to tears now that I think about it. Rangiku's terrible cries when it happened annoyed me, but damn it was so sad .-.

L's death … just stay away from that subject ;(.
All aboard the feel mobile *sobs*

The end of almost every Key animation is a tear jerker, ha ha... Also, the ends of Elfen Lied, Knights of Sidonia (it's basically "AoT: In Space," lol), and that one episode of Space Dandy with the dog, omg that one got me. xD

I now bid this terrible thread goodbye before anymore awful memories can resurface.

EDIT: Also, the ends of Guilty Crown and Future Diary/Mirai Nikki. nao leev me alone
When the girl and dog were turned into a chimera by the alchemist guy in Fullmetal Alchemist. It was tragic.

Also; when Light died...
(Aug. 15, 2014  4:38 AM)Echizen Wrote: When the girl and dog were turned into a chimera by the alchemist guy in Fullmetal Alchemist. It was tragic.

Also; when Light died...

I can agree with that completely.
(Aug. 15, 2014  6:22 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2014  4:38 AM)Echizen Wrote: When the girl and dog were turned into a chimera by the alchemist guy in Fullmetal Alchemist. It was tragic.

Also; when Light died...

Which part?when Light died?
(Aug. 15, 2014  6:23 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2014  6:22 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

Also; when Light died...

Which part?when Light died?

Actually I never saw that, but the whole Nina thing, that really haunted me, Shou is a horrible man but that's like calling him nice in his standards.
(Aug. 15, 2014  4:26 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: All aboard the feel mobile *sobs*

The end of almost every Key animation is a tear jerker, ha ha... Also, the ends of Elfen Lied, Knights of Sidonia (it's basically "AoT: In Space," lol), and that one episode of Space Dandy with the dog, omg that one got me. xD

I now bid this terrible thread goodbye before anymore awful memories can resurface.
The Elfen Lied one: What parts was that? The explosion?

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Nina. It broke my heart as I'm a #1 FMA/B fan... ; (
I forgot to mention Guilty Crown episode 22,the things that happened to him in the beggining and the end is really sad Unhappy
One of the most definitive moments in any series. From this point onward the last episodes of the show feel as though its the end for our characters, because the happiest of them all has left, and now its time to face reality for whats to come. You feel her absence in those episodes, and you are left with emptiness as things start to break apart, after all the time you have spent with these characters.

Spoilers for those who are so criminally insane they have yet to watch Bebop

When Vegeta Self-Destructed.My savior gone…
Lol
For me, any moment in the anime series Gensoumaden Saiyuki where the Piano version of "For Real" plays.

...and then there's Keisuke's death in Togainu no Chi Bloody Curs.
All those deaths in Akame Ga Kill..Sheele,Bulat,Chelsea,Lubbock,Susanoo,Mine,and Tatsumi..It was too much.