SP230 Discussion

(Dec. 25, 2012  8:35 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Thanks for those tests Meow!. I thought I would need to use a 145 height because that is what works against E230, but SP230 is clearly different.

Yeah it would seem that way, but upon further inspection you'll notice there are 4 spikes sticking out form under the disk something E230 doesn't have. (ORLY?!)

Also I noticed the the top portion of the disk is hollowed out. That's probably why SP230 is not as heavy as BD145.
(Dec. 26, 2012  6:38 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Standard Procedure
MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs Duo Aquario BGrin(6 minute mold)
SP230:9 Wins(All OS)
Duo:1 Win(OS)
1 Tie

MF-F Phantom Gasher SP230 D vs Duo Aquario W145 WD
SP230:6 Wins(All OS)
Duo:4 Wins(All OS)
1 Tie

Wow. SP230 had really good LAD on D. I will upload a video showing a few battles of this later.

Also, for anyone wondering why the battle in the OP decreased by five rounds, I realized last night that my R2F wasn't prime until after the first five rounds, causing Flash to be easily defeated because it couldn't land a good hit fast enough.

Thought it would have more defence than BD145 in stamina customs...But thanks for the tests anyways. Smile
Don't get me wrong, it's better than BD145 for defense, but still easy to KO, especially on Phantom and D.
I'm thinking, this track could do the same thing BD145 does paired with Duo but at 230 height, and maybe could be better than E230
Could you (or anyone that owns SP230) test this track on duo?
Example:
MF/MF-H Duo Aquario SP230RS/CS/RB/RDF vs flash
MF-M Duo Cygnus/Gasher SP230MB vs all types (random idea lol)
for the MB combo it would be better with MF-M, not H Wink
Cause MF-M Duo Cygnus 230 MB is a proven Balance combo you know~
Oh thanks lol I forgot about it XD I was getting the parts off my head so I must've confused them
Sp230 it aligns perfectly with Duo
No. It doesn't align with Duo perfectly. Don't get me wrong but do not post without proof. It exceeds the circumference of Duo.
It is actually quite bad on Duo. This was a request, but it completely proves SP230's uselessness on Duo.
MF-M Duo Aquario SP230 MB vs Phantom Gasher W145 WD
Duo:0 Wins
Phantom:11 Wins(All OS)
Well that's sad Uncertain
Death or Phantom any better?
(Dec. 28, 2012  4:48 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: It is actually quite bad on Duo. This was a request, but it completely proves SP230's uselessness on Duo.
MF-M Duo Aquario SP230 MB vs Phantom Gasher W145 WD
Duo:0 Wins
Phantom:11 Wins(All OS)

That test doesn't prove anything at all. Also regardless of that, usually one test doesn't completely prove anything.... I know that's based on the Uwik's wobbling combo but it can't wobble with a massive disk. That combo is basically a defence combo so it's not surprising at all that it lost to a stamina combo...
Oh wait, yeah that is true.

Try it again with D instead of MB?
(Dec. 27, 2012  4:38 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Don't get me wrong, it's better than BD145 for defense, but still easy to KO, especially on Phantom and D.

This is the second time you have said SP230 is better than BD145 for defense without any proof. I have seen no defense comparison tests between BD145 and SP230. I mean you don't even have benchmarks that could be used as a comparison. And even if you did have comparisons posted, as Ultra pointed out, it would still take more than just one member's tests to come to a decision like that.

I am by no means trying to be rude, but it is not good to make statements like this without tests to back them up. We have new memebers joining everyday that could read that and believe it. We are, and should continue to be, known for having proven accurate info.
Kain_Highwind, certainly one test will not prove that, so I probably should have added"in my opinion" to my post. From my tests and Meow!s, I would say it is better unless you are facing CH120, but this is just my opinion for now. I'll try to watch out for that in the future.

Ultra(and everyone else), I have done Duo SP230 D tests and it isn't that good as I saw from my informal testing, but I apologize for not posting real tests first. My theory is that since Phantom has more pure stamina than Duo, and is mainly blocked from contact by SP230's disk, it is basically a battle of pure stamina, which Phantom is best in. Duo, which is better while making contact with its opponent's metal wheel, is usually blocked, putting it at a disadvantage against Phantom. There is a small chance it could be the weight of my Duo and Phantom, but I doubt it.
MF-F Duo Aquario SP230 D vs Phantom Gasher BGrin
Duo:2 Wins(All OS)
Phantom:18 Wins(All OS)

For anyone interested, I have also uploaded a video showing SP230's stamina on Phantom and D. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWYfTStEtI
I'm not all that surprised by your results with SP230D vs. B:D. Phantom + B:D has the most raw amount of pure stamina there is in the metagame.
Cause Ultra Fly-wheel + Bearings Uncertain

Any chance of a SP230 Mirror Match in Phantom vs Duo?
You could ask Blitz. I know he has two SP230's.
Try out MF-H Duo / Whatever Good Defense Synchrome SP230CS please? No formal testing is needed, unless it performs well. If so, please test this. Thanks!
I tested MSF Revizer Gargole SP230 CS in the OP, and Meow! posted a test near the bottom of the first page as well.
I'm curious to see how SP230 would do in spin stealing,because it reminds me of SA165.I don't really think it would do as good,but like I said,I'm curious.Can the combo be _____ Dragooon SP230EWD?
From what I'm seeing, SP230 seems like it belongs to left spin combos from the test. Not much right spin; but I encourage you guys to keep looking for good combos for right. Still waiting on mine. But thanks for the test!!
(Jan. 06, 2013  5:35 PM)Jonâ„¢ Wrote: From what I'm seeing, SP230 seems like it belongs to left spin combos from the test. Not much right spin; but I encourage you guys to keep looking for good combos for right. Still waiting on mine. But thanks for the test!!

It did okay for me in left spin. Personally Id choose SA165 over S230 for spin stealing
Here is a new test I did.

MSF M KillerKen Dragooon SP230 EWD vs Duo Cancer 23 PD

Equipment Used
Duo Cancer 4 Wins [4 OS]
KillerKen Dragoon 16 wins (21 KO, 14OS)
KillerKen Dragooon Win rate 80%

Benchmark
Thanks for the tests Dark_Mousy! I knew SP230 would have potential in spin-stealing.
Except 230 PD doesn't have much LAD IIRC... less than W145 WD at least.
(Feb. 10, 2013  10:57 PM)Tranton Wrote: Except 230 PD doesn't have much LAD IIRC... less than W145 WD at least.

Im gonna do AD145 wd testing after this meeting im in. My D tip disappeared.And i don't have w145.

(Feb. 10, 2013  10:50 PM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: Thanks for the tests Dark_Mousy! I knew SP230 would have potential in spin-stealing.

It did mediocre for me. If it got off balance it would fall and tie part of the time. The tip was the problem i believe.