SCARlet's 3D Printed Beyblade Reincarnations: BLACK DRANZER

(Dec. 14, 2016  9:51 PM)SCARlet Wrote: Starting 24th of January, I will be having some spare time again. Then I am going to make a couple more copies of this Dranzer, more smooth than this  one actually.
Will be giving 1 copy (+ box) away in honour of this awesome WBO! The rest will be for sale. Smile

Where can i enter? lol
Definitely want. Given that Black Dranzer was originally just a recolour, though, why are you not planning on making similar tweaks to Galux's design?
(Dec. 29, 2016  5:53 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Definitely want. Given that Black Dranzer was originally just a recolour, though, why are you not planning on making similar tweaks to Galux's design?

The tweaks on Galux's design will be tweaks done to the existing Galeon's design. Making it as identical as possible to the "real" design of Galux from the manga/anime. Smile
I forgot to ask. What 3D printer do you use and which 3D design software do you use?

For reference, I use a Original Prusa i3 MK2 printer and 123D Design or Sketchup Make for designing.
(Dec. 31, 2016  1:29 AM)Manicben Wrote: I forgot to ask. What 3D printer do you use and which 3D design software do you use?

For reference, I use a Original Prusa i3 MK2 printer and 123D Design or Sketchup Make for designing.
I also use a Prusa i3 MK2, lovely piece of machinery Smile. I use Siemens NX for modelling. Not so ideal honestly, since it is mainly used for engineering applications.

(Dec. 31, 2016  1:53 AM)Blealolealoleal Wrote: Can you take a request?
Definitely not for now Smile. But you should check "shapeways.com".
My "Request" Was actually my own design that hasn't been modeled so idk but I'm making my own model now
(Jan. 06, 2017  7:00 PM)Michael99 Wrote: Fantastico incredibile ma lo vendi?

Around the 1st of February, a first batch of Black Dranzer will be up for sale!
Put it on eBay and you can be assured to sell a bunch of them.

People are insane when it comes to that Black Dranzer F.
(Jan. 06, 2017  9:46 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Put it on eBay and you can be assured to sell a bunch of them.

People are insane when it comes to that Black Dranzer F.

Hah, so if the sales don't go as planned here, I will be putting them on eBay then. Thanks for the tip! Wink

(Jan. 07, 2017  12:24 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Any ballpark idea on prices?

Depends , not all copies will come out equally as good. Will be around €25 each. Case nor weight disk included. Shipping worldwide will be €1.5 non tracked and €7 tracked.
Was wondering, would you be interested to see these casted into a plastic resin? I know shapeways prints in resins or can cast them as well.

I have dabbling into casting models for a while now, and have casted a gun (Hawkmoon from destiny) and a helmet , with 3d printed parts the part is only as strong as it's weakest layer. From my experience if you have it casted into a solid piece it would be much stronger and you could much easily remove print lines. Besides that, the blade looks amazing! I specifically like how you attached the spintrack, allows for much greater spin speeds. Old plastic gen beys often have those tabs that like to eject on higher RPMS.
Hello everybody:

Some problems occured when battleing:  The layers of the protrusions split apart. Just like "Aaargh" pointed out. 
The rubber tips also weren't performing as expected because they weren't printed precisely enough.  
The beyblade itself could also look a lot less like a 3d-printed part.

What I did was smoothing the 3d printed model with acetone vapor. What you get is a totally shiny beyblade which is stronger than before because the layers have been melted together and the sharp corners smoothed out. I have been playing with my latest model and so far no breakages. 
[Image: Jude2Hf.jpg]

I also made a ABS plastic variant on the rubber tips:

[Image: ytg5F53.jpg]

This smoothed plastic tips work really well and perform as a standard tip. I also wears down and catches dirt, something the rubber ones don't do as much.

I used a higher resolution nozzle to make new rubber tips and also finetuned the settings. They also work impressively well.

I know I should do a test video, but still haven't found what I am looking for: some spare time and a good filming setup. 

As for the cover: you may have noticed some imperfections in its top surface. These are gone as well with the new red cover: 

[Image: rvRDajH.jpg]

It is the top one in the picture.

I thought that I should make a matte variant to the glossy beyblade it is now. So I printed one out in a carbon reinforced polyester. You can think of it as some kind of recolour: 

[Image: 59DURRY.jpg]

[Image: NUs5XcS.jpg]

It has this colour variation in it because of the placement of the carbon particles. Shame I couldn't show u this in the picture. 
This stuff is crazy stiff, but also more prone to breakage than the smoothed ABS one. Hopefully I will be able to fix this issue.

Some pictures for comparison with the Dranzer f:

[Image: uSU91Em.jpg]

[Image: 5esxfvP.jpg]

[Image: UvpR3W2.jpg]

When my carp college lessons are over I will be able to make a lot more copies for you guys and finally do some cool test videos.
That's awesome, any other Beyblades you plan on recreating on the printer?
(Apr. 30, 2017  11:38 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: That's awesome, any other Beyblades you plan on recreating on the printer?

After having finalised black dranzer, I will be modelling Galux. Design based on the one used in the anime.
I was genuinely excited to see you reply to the thread again! 3D printing and working with pretty much anything that moves requires a lot of prototyping and figuring out what does NOT work.

Acetone vapor does melt your layers together but it also reduces general resolution. I can also strongly recommend XTC 3D which is a brush on resin.
This is the most awesome project for a 3D printer I've ever see! Would love to even buy the files and print it and test it myself, love the beys since I was a kid! Would you ever consider releasing it? Even under payment or donations. Or even just the base of the components, loved the engineering behind it, that mechanism is awesome, great job!
Scarlet whats your name on ebay?please i can black dranzer
SCARlet try making a burst layer for it. So cool.
(Oct. 25, 2016  1:34 AM)Manicben Wrote: Now the question is... Open source? lel

Will you make the STL files public?

As he asked, will you ever do this?
(Oct. 22, 2016  6:07 PM)SCARlet Wrote: HELLO EVERYBODY

Hereby I, SCARlet, proudly present you the project I have been working on the last couple of months : A 3D printed reincarnation of the almighty BLACK DRANZER!!!

[Image: To7bFyG.jpg]
[Image: uIrVN0J.jpg]
The "deluxe version" comes with its own casing. The red part of the case is made out of hard tough rubber, the black shell is made out of strong ABS.
Together they assure a save travel for the beyblade inside. In this case my Black Dranzer redesign.

[Image: mpxdiOl.jpg]
The following components are included:

--> a newly designed AR + Bitchip. Both can be used on other plastics.
--> a Blade Base, mostly identical to the Flame Change Base of Dranzer F, which snaps together with a newly designed spingear.

The base is made for housing the interchangable RUBBER tips. These tips are made out of Ninjaflex, a very durable kind of rubber.
The tips included are based on a WD, WB, WF and last but not least, a CS-tip. The latter is only coated with Ninjaflex rubber:

[Image: lfBleDA.jpg]

I also made a little unboxing video showing how the beyblade is put together:
The recorded sound was so bad I muted the video. Will be doing a proper remake soon.

TEST BATTLES COMING SOON!!!
The case looks awesome. And we need replaceable rubber tips.... c'mon TT and hasbro!!
Amazing! The ABS smoothed parts look really nice (and nice choice of material btw, PLA would probably shatter easily. Have you considered trying PETG or nylons? You could have some interesting results performance-wise). Congrats! I am actually modelling some beys after the anime myself. I will be posting here on the forums as well when I 3D print them.