Rule on No-Shows?

Did we ever come up with a solution to no-shows? Because I really feel dumb making a two hour commute somewhere to battle, waiting around for an hour, and then making another 2hr journey back without even so much as a phone call for cancelation.

Seriously, it's a waste of my time.
I think Brad said that that no-shows would get a warning but I don't think there was ever an official rule set in place about that.
There was also talk of them forfeiting any matches they had planned and therefore losing beypoints. I dunno if anything of it was made official though.

Sorry Deikailo. That must suck. Unhappy
We will be instituting no-show penalties for tournaments soon. In your case, it was a private arrangement, so we can't do anything.
(Apr. 07, 2009  9:18 PM)Rocky Wrote: There was also talk of them forfeiting any matches they had planned and therefore losing beypoints. I dunno if anything of it was made official though.

Sorry Deikailo. That must suck. Unhappy
I believe that was my suggestion, actually. :?

I really wouldn't have cared if I had at least gotten a phone call. That's what's really getting under my skin.
(Apr. 07, 2009  9:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: We will be instituting no-show penalties for tournaments soon. In your case, it was a private arrangement, so we can't do anything.
I can understand that much. I just wanted to know if there was actually a rule in effect, and what kind of matches it applied to.
(Apr. 07, 2009  9:21 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I can understand that much. I just wanted to know if there was actually a rule in effect, and what kind of matches it applied to.

I'll clarify this in the next big update.