Round 3 GFX Battle: Electric Vs Resistance

(Jul. 23, 2011  11:21 AM)RAW Wrote: I say TWO because one looks too pre made.

What exactly do you mean by pre made ?

My vote goes for entry 1, everything blends well together. The colours and lighting are perfect for the image.

Entry 2 seems a little rushed. The slight glow around the Mario image makes it look like it isn't cut out properly, my advice to the artist is to add a thicker glow, or a more blurred glow. I'm just not feeling the whole Xor effect either.
I vote entry 1.
The blend of colours are really eye catching and it just drew me in right away.
I like Entry 2 for its awsome background.
The 2 colors of the first one cause it to lose depth and the style is too beginnerish. It lacks execution and i don't know how that style can be evolved.
The second one is just a messy background with a render. THe focal is all over the place. The motion blur of the render is just bad and the text seems so random. The render is not blending with the green/red light sources.

#2 gmv for effort.
Please everybody, when posting criticism remember while it is helpful as an artist to receive feedback on what your doing incorrectly. However, it is equally important to be aware of what your doing correctly. So please focus on both pros and cons, not just the cons as it can be a little frustrating as an artist knowing that you have executed so much correctly but nobody mentions it.

I've posted the same message in the GFX Tournament Thread.

I'll post my vote soon Joyful_3

Score check!

Entry 1: 11
Entry 2: 15
Entry 1, as soon as I saw the entries it wasn't hard to decide, it's so much more well presented.
I'm voting Entry 1.

I feel as though the concept of the sig in Entry 1 iis much better executed. While Entry 2 has made a great effort of creating a nice background which is suitable to the theme of Mario, I feel as though the blending and blurs in Entry 2 are a little off.
Hmm..hard to choose from,really good job by both of you guys!
But i will go for Entry 2
The pic and the background are really awesome! Wink
omg both are amazing but i think entry 1 is better
i'm voting entry 1 since entry 2 looks rushed, the effects seem to be all over the place with no decent flow. plus entry 1 looks damn cool with the fire effect.
i like the flames and the look of entry 1, so i'm voting for that one
entry 1. the flames are cool, they remind of it being a bad carp mario.
Hmm ... I guess I'll go with Entry 1.

Entry 2 is off with it's blurs and blending, looks as if it was mashed together slightly.
I'm gonna have two go for entry 2, even though they are both really good. I would gladly use either of these as my sigs
Voting is now closed.

Final Score:

Entry 1/Resistance: 19
Entry 2/Electric: 17

Congratulations Resistance!
Great work Electric you were a very tough opponent to beat and in the end it was a very close battle.
Congratulations Resistance, Looks like you're leading the tournament charts now, There was an amazing depth in you're signature.
Congrats Resistance ! Your both entries were amazing. You did well too Electric.

Good job guys !
I was quite amazed with both entries, nice job guys!
Both entries were amazing and both of you did an awesome job