Rock Orso D125B

Quote:Face: Orso
This face represents Ursa Minor and Ursa Major, two of the 88 constellations.

Metal Wheel: Rock

Weight: 31.4 grams

Rock has six large protrusions with small, shallow gaps between each one. It also overhangs the Track much like the original Leone Metal Wheel, although to a smaller extent.

Rock is currently one of the heaviest Metal Wheels. However, as a Defense type, it is unable to match the qualities of Metal Wheels such as Earth and Virgo because the shape of Rock produces a significant amount of recoil upon contact with another Wheel. As a result, Rock is an outclassed Defense Wheel.

Clear Wheel: Orso

Weight: 3.1 grams

The regular release of Orso is a brown colour and features two bear claws opposite each other.

Track: Defense 125

Weight: 1.7 grams

D125 is a standard 125 track with the addition of a plastic ring surrounding it. This ring is used to increase weight and help absorb hits. However, since the track itself is so low-set, it rarely comes in direct contact with an opposing attacker. D125 was initially used in top tier Defense and Stamina customs, but has since been outclassed in both areas.

Use in Defense Customization:

If tracks like GB145 or C145 are unavailable, D125 can be put to use in a combo like: MF Earth Bull D125WB.

Bottom: Ball

Weight: 0.6 grams

The Bottom Ball’s tip is, as its name suggests, shaped like a ball. This semi-spherical shape provides a large area for the Bottom to make contact with the Stadium floor; hence increasing friction and making it more difficult to knockout. B’s shape also makes it likely to stay in the central areas of the Stadium, hence maximizing the customization’s distance from the Stadium exits. B is therefore suitable for defensive purposes, although has been outclassed in such a field with the release of WB. One advantage it holds over Wide Ball is that it has more Stamina, and does not require a weakened launch; B can be used if WB is not available.

Use in Stamina Customization:

Next to the Defense series bottoms, B provides arguably the best Stamina bottom, and can be put to use in combos such as: Burn Bull 145B.

Other Versions:

Deck Entry Set: Rock Orso ED145D (Silver)

Overall:
Rock Orso D125B has quite a few decent parts, however they have all been outclassed since their initial release. There is little or no reason to buy this Beyblade other than for collection purposes.

I'm not particularly satisfied with the clear wheel description or the B section, which I copied from Beywiki. I think we should edit that soon.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
I think the clear wheel section needs expanding. You should also write why D125 was so good at stamina when it was.
(Sep. 07, 2010  2:28 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: I think the clear wheel section needs expanding.

I know. It's just hard to describe.

(Sep. 07, 2010  2:28 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: You should also write why D125 was so good at stamina when it was.

I wasn't around for this. All I know is hearsay.
You could probably ask Kai-V or someone who was around for it.
in other versions, there was the one released by sonokong's extreme stadium...
(Sep. 07, 2010  3:05 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: in other versions, there was the one released by sonokong's extreme stadium...

That was the regular release...
(Sep. 07, 2010  3:07 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2010  3:05 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: in other versions, there was the one released by sonokong's extreme stadium...

That was the regular release...

Oh I was thinking of hasbro's release as rock orso as "regular" lol.
(Sep. 07, 2010  2:40 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: You could probably ask Kai-V or someone who was around for it.
I do not necessarily have anything more to write on the matter, hah. Perhaps some Wheels can have good Defense even on a lower level ... Seeing so many 90D combinations in every Japanese tournament definitely makes me wonder.

However, as Daegor42 wrote, it seldom gets hit by other Beyblades, and I have never seen a broken D125 as far as I remember.
Derp. Do I really have to expand on the Clear Wheel section? I keep drawing a blank. There's really nothing to say about it.
(Oct. 13, 2010  9:23 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Derp. Do I really have to expand on the Clear Wheel section? I keep drawing a blank. There's really nothing to say about it.

lol don't worry about it

Though, we do still need to add a "Mold Variations" section to the Rock description. And I'm also wondering if D125 isn't actually better than DF145 for Stamina, given the recent low Track Stadium custom trend.
(Oct. 17, 2010  5:21 PM)Kei Wrote: Though, we do still need to add a "Mold Variations" section to the Rock description. And I'm also wondering if D125 isn't actually better than DF145 for Stamina, given the recent low Track Stadium custom trend.

I'll work on the Mold Variations, although I only have 3 and 6 versions and not the fabled 0 mold.

And yay... time for more stamina testing.
you could mention how the 'fingers' of the clear wheel have 'sharp nails' which, when combined with smaller wheels like storm, can make some contact with the openent's bey.
(Oct. 17, 2010  6:10 PM)BeybladerX Wrote: you could mention how the 'fingers' of the clear wheel have 'sharp nails' which, when combined with smaller wheels like storm, can make some contact with the openent's bey.

But they won't?

I'm looking at a Storm Orso right now. Orso is completely within Storm. It doesn't protrude at all.
they seem to line up nd i thought if orso got under another bey it could do something but nvm if it cant then.
(Oct. 17, 2010  6:21 PM)BeybladerX Wrote: they seem to line up nd i thought if orso got under another bey it could do something but nvm if it cant then.

Well, if it gets under, then yes, it would do something.

The way you put it made it seem like it protrudes over small metal wheels, which it doesn't.
How about this
Clear Wheel: Orso

Weight: 3.1 grams

The regular release of Orso is brown in colour and is generall circular with two bear claws opposite each other The effect these claws cause in battle is negligable.
yeah, i need to work on explaing things better...
(Oct. 17, 2010  6:23 PM)Moss Wrote: The effect these claws cause in battle is negligable.

That's really pointless because most clear wheels are negligable in battle. We should really mention if it actually does affect the battle to a significant degree.