Rock Giraffe R145WB Article Draft

Face: Giraffe
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Camelopardalis, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Giraffe
Weight: 2.8 grams

The Giraffe Clear Wheel was originally released in a transparent yellow-green color with orange details. The Clear wheel is oval-shaped with curved details, as well as two small notches sticking out, resembling a giraffe’s head.

Metal Wheel: Rock
Weight: 31.4 grams

Rock has six large protrusions with small, shallow gaps between each one. It also overhangs the Track much like the original Leone Metal Wheel, although to a smaller extent.
Rock is one of the heaviest Hybrid Wheel System Wheels to date. However, as a Defense type, it is unable to match the qualities of Metal Wheels such as Earth and Virgo, because the shape of Rock produces a significant amount of recoil upon contact with another Wheel. As a result, Rock is an outclassed Defense Wheel.

Track: Rubber 145
Weight: 4.7 grams

The R145 track is currently the heaviest Track. This Track is shaped similarly to WD145, but instead of the ‘wings’ being made of plastic, they are made of hard rubber, and are also even more widely spread. The concept of this track was to absorb hits from low attackers, which does work occasionally. However, as with WD145, some recoil is produced because of the gaps between the wings. The track's wide shape and low placement also allows itself to scrape on the stadium floor, creating severe stamina loss, similar to that of C145 and ED145. Although this track is meant for defense from low attacks, C145 outclasses this Track’s defense capabilities against low attackers. Although conversely, the heavy weight of R145 is beneficial against taller smash attackers.

Bottom: Wide Ball
Weight: 0.7 grams

The Bottom of this Beyblade is its most valuable part. WB is essentially B, with a larger spherical surface, hence “wide”. As a result, it is seen as an improvement over B in terms of Defensive qualities. This is because of the greater surface area in contact with the Stadium floor at any one time. However, because of this wider contact area, the Bottom also causes more movement compared to B. This is disadvantageous when facing an Attack type, because the Defense customization is closer to the Stadium exits, hence increasing the likelihood of a KO. To prevent this, many launch WB-based customizations at about 60-70% power, meaning that the Beyblade itself stays in the centre, while retaining the defensive qualities of WB.

Use in Defense Customization
Currently, WB is the preferred choice of Bottom for Defense customizations, in particular top-tier customization MF Earth Bull C145WB.

Other versions:
Poison Giraffe S130MB - BB-86 - Beyblade Deck Attack & Defense Set

Overall:
Rock Giraffe R145WB is currently the best HWS defense type uncustomized. R145 does have its risks, but if used properly, can be a great defensive track. If WB is already obtained, there is little or no reason to buy this Beyblade. However, this Beyblade is an excellent alternative to Rock Leone. (Needs to be refined)

I believe that R145 should be tested much more before releasing the final draft, but this is what I have so far.

Let the criticisms begin : D
(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: Track: Rubber 145

Weight: 2.8 grams

Pretty sure that's not right, seeing as GB145 weighs 4.5 grams and is lighter than R145. 2.8 grams is the weight of Giraffe.
(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: Rock is currently the third heaviest Hybrid Wheel System Wheel to date.

I realize this is (slightly altered) from the Rock Leone article, but I think you should put "one of the heaviest..." instead, as new releases could quickly make this information inaccurate. But that's just me.

(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: To prevent this, many launch WB-based customizations at about 60-70% power, meaning that the Beyblade itself stays in the centre, while retaining the defensive qualities of WB.

Unnecessary comma? I'm not sure.

Wasn't there a point about making the overall statements more standardized?

(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: Unless you don’t yet have WB, there is little or no reason to buy this Beyblade.

I'm also not fond of this phrasing.
(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: Although this track is meant for defense purposes, C145 outclasses this track’s defense capabilities.
It might be good to mention that C145 outclasses this track’s defense capabilities against low Attackers.
R145's weight might also be beneficial to defend against Smash Attackers that doesn't make contact with the Track.
(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: I believe that R145 should be tested much more before releasing the final draft, but this is what I have so far.

Yeah, I was going to say this myself. That being said; the article does sound quite good to me so far. Good job! However, I just made a few edits:

R145 Section Wrote:Track: Rubber 145
Weight: 4.7 grams

The R145 track is the currently heaviest Track. This Track is shaped similarly to WD145, but instead of the ‘wings’ being made of plastic, they are made of hard rubber, and are also even more widely spread. The concept of this track was to absorb hits from low attackers, which does work occasionally. However, as with WD145, some recoil is produced because of the gaps between the wings. It also experiences severe balance problems similar to that of C145 and ED145 due to how wide a Track it is. Although this track is meant for defense from low attacks, C145 outclasses this Track’s defense capabilities against low attackers. Although conversely, the heavy weight of R145 is beneficial against taller smash attackers.

Also, I do not think you should be placing so much focus on the comparison to Rock Leone in the Overall section. Rock Giraffe is clearly a much better package than Rock Leone, so you can state that. You could also argue that it is the best out of the box Defense type currently available. Most of the focus should be placed on the new part it contains, R145.
(Jul. 20, 2010  1:09 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: Also, because the track is so wide, stamina is severely lost when knocked off balance. Although this track is meant for defense from low attacks, C145 outclasses this track’s defense capabilities against low attackers. However, the heavy weight is beneficial against taller smash attackers.

i dont know but maybe as extra information you could write that if you like the aesthetics of r145 but don't to sacrifice performane you can go with ED145 because even when knocked off balance it will lose less stamina due to it being made of plastic whereas r145 is rubber. less friction is produced? lol its just an imo type of thing. overall though good job Smile
I'm sorta stuck on the overall part, actually :\

I don't think that people who already have Rock Leone would want to buy this because of repeats. R145 also hasn't proved itself to be a competitive track either, which wouldn't make it too appealing except for a new track.

On the other hand, this is such a great alternative to get a WB.

Should I make this statement regarding the repeated parts?
(Jul. 21, 2010  1:44 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: Should I make this statement regarding the repeated parts?

Well, I do have rock leone and the only reason to get this blade is because of the track... you could say that it could be a better alternative to rock leone if the user wishes to experiment with the track. Also, is the clear wheel heavier? that would make it a better blade to get.

EDIT: just realized it was .2 grams lighter. ignore my last comment.
LOL,when you said HWS,i thought it was HMS.
No one ever mentions this, but rock has really good stamina.
It just has frowny face recoil.
It's stamina properties from what I've seen are worse than Earth (mold 2). Against Raykon in competitions we have consistently been using Rock leone 145WD and Earth aquila 145WD. Unless Earth aquila is KO'd, it will always outspin Rock leone.
arent there mold variations for rock my friends rock has no cylinders and my takra rock too has no cylinder
There have been recent finds of this, yes.
We might as well add the mold variations...
But didn't this only occur with Hasbro's beys, not TT's?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
(Jul. 28, 2010  3:27 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: There have been recent finds of this, yes.
We might as well add the mold variations...
But didn't this only occur with Hasbro's beys, not TT's?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well the post above you says that he has a Takara rock with no cylinders...but I have a 6-Cylinder Takara rock, so...

Does that mean both?
Quote:Rock is one of the heaviest Hybrid Wheel System Wheels to date.

The R145 track is currently the heaviest Track.

Also how about this as an overall section:

Rock Giraffe is currently the best uncustomized defense beyblade from HWS. It is overall a better buy than Rock leone 145WB. Every Blader should own at least one of this beyblade.
Thanks Jsc.

That might mean both, so we might have to make a "Mold Variation" for Rock.
This might be hard, considering I only have the 6-cylinder mold.
(Aug. 02, 2010  1:32 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Thanks Jsc.

That might mean both, so we might have to make a "Mold Variation" for Rock.
This might be hard, considering I only have the 6-cylinder mold.

I have a six Takara, a six Hasbro and a three Hasbro. No zeros. =/
I do, Oki. What do you need?
We might need to test some results for the mold variations, but now that I think of it there's already a thread for it...

I need to confirm that we need mention the mold variations of Rock before we do any testing.
No one has weighed these.
(Aug. 02, 2010  1:44 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Who has claimed they have a zero?
(Jul. 28, 2010  1:47 PM)tenzeku123 Wrote: arent there mold variations for rock my friends rock has no cylinders and my takra rock too has no cylinder

Him