Roan's (Massive) Poetry Thread!

Wow, these are really good. Wish I was as creative. I'm suckish at poetry.
Hope you don't mind me asking this, Roan. But do you have any tips for someone who needs to write a good poem for school?
(Jan. 30, 2009  5:47 PM)Krys Wrote: Hope you don't mind me asking this, Roan. But do you have any tips for someone who needs to write a good poem for school?

Are there any guidelines or criteria you have to meet with it?

If not just write whatever you feel. Pieces motivated by pure emotion always turn out the best and trust me, good writers can tell when you're faking it. Wink
(Jan. 31, 2009  4:30 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2009  5:47 PM)Krys Wrote: Hope you don't mind me asking this, Roan. But do you have any tips for someone who needs to write a good poem for school?

Are there any guidelines or criteria you have to meet with it?

If not just write whatever you feel. Pieces motivated by pure emotion always turn out the best and trust me, good writers can tell when you're faking it. Wink

The only guideline is that is has to be at least 8-10 lines long ^^
And I'll keep that in mind, thanks Roan Grin
Well, after a brief break, I'm back with another -- "The Hidden Mesa".

Enjoy.
Ooooh I love it. It is different tone from your others I feel but still awesome
Sounds like the poem of a guy in love. :3 You're becoming a bit more positive.
Another has been added, "Arizona" -- I don't expect it to make much sense to most of you, but those who know me personally will understand.

Regardless, I really like it.
Added up something new after a short break, "Aurora".
Another one for the day, "Crystallize" -- I'm incredibly proud of this one and altogether scared of the emotions that inspired it.
(Mar. 17, 2009  7:24 AM)Unicorn Hunter Wrote: Two Minutes seemed pretty clunky and disjointed to me, but I admire your use of caps.

It was supposed to be. Its based on the novel 1984, pretty obviously, and if you've ever read the novel (if not, you really should, its great) I was trying to get across the feeling of being so blinded by a false and constructed rage that reason and intelligence is tossed aside.
Its been ages since I added anything new up here, but I've had a severe case of writer's block. Anyhow, I just added up a new piece, "Wreckage". Enjoy.
Wow, it's been almost two months since I've updated this thread... Anyway, I updated my OP with a new piece that I just wrote tonight, "Transparency". For convenience, here it is:

Transparency

Try as I may I fear I will never
Obtain the answers I desperately seek
Despite a constant pain I endeavor
To persuade a broken, muted man to speak
I feel as if my words may never reach
The soul I love who lies trapped below
A terror he will never attempt to breach
And a past of which he can never let go
I close my eyes and sink into a strange
Place somewhere between denial and fear
Where it seems certain things will never change
And I will be left with nothing but tears

In all my life I have never felt so lost
Yet for this love I would pay any cost
I just read some of your poems and your latest blog Roan. you seem to be in a bad mood, hope it gets better Grin
It's surprising actually that your latest poem matched my mood D:

By the way I'd like to put one or two of your poems for my creative art journal task, may I?
Thanks for the comments.

And yeah, sure, I don't mind if you use them just so long as you give me credit or whatevs. lol
^^^ I was thinking of referencing some for my English (would've asked first) but in the end the oppurtunity never arose. XD Still waiting on these to be published. I'd totally buy them. :X
Been a looooong time since I updated this thread. I just finished this one, been tossing the idea around in my head for about a week now, finally decided to sit down and write it.

Duality

Lights go down and the distant planets pass
Across the open sky as our lives turn
And like memories frozen in the past
They appear at random and always burn
Through the facades we've put up to forget
The way it felt when everything caved;
When the present gave way to our regrets
And all hope for the future had been waived
So now we live our lives in absentee
Hidden away, as if we've been erased
In our darkest depths, hoping never to be