Richmond Revolution Qualifier 4/14/13

A good turnout, we had 23 bladers which is a new record for the Virginia community. It seems that the more tournaments we have, the more people that show up. The special events help as well of course. Well after we arrived, I was able to start collecting fees and registering people when my computer crashed. Dark Mousy was there to help with signing people up as I got my system back in line and we were off. 3 stadiums were in play and I can say that it went pretty well. It would be smoother if I was able to have 3 people just judge and not blade while I entered results and announced matches but all went well just the same. Take note Aru, Lets work on Geetster99's mom to help judge. I brought it up to her and she was receptive after the fact. She said that you spoke with her as well. Funny how we thought of the same thing.
The finals were awesome how the new system worked out.
The last two standig were Bazooka and Geetster and with the best 3/5 point setup, it came down to the last launch to determine the winner. Geetster prevailed, thankfully as I don't have the funds to get to Toronto and everyone came out a winner.
Goodjob with this event committee. I would like to make a suggestion for this should it come up again in the future. I know i'll get some pushback on this from some bladers but it should be considered.
My suggestion would be that on special events like this one, Each blader should be able to enter only One Event. Case in point is that as I live in Richmond, I have access to either the MAryland, Richmond, or N.C. communities. This gives me an unfair advantage over other bladers to win a free trip of this magnatude. With that in play, I would more then likely stay local and that would help the odds of each region be represented by a resident of that community. Not always the case but would help it. This gives each community someone they can root for as well. Regional pride will kick in and it may help every area.
As it stands, being the father of Bazooka, we could theorhetically win Richmond, head over to N.C. and win that event, go to Maryland and win there and the Richmond Community could represent 3 different areas. Defaulting the Richmond prise to the second place winner.
Its just a thought but I think each Area having a representitive at Anima North would be real cool. 6 or so bladers from 6 or so areas all showing up.
Anyhow, Thats my thoughts. I'd love to hear what anyone thinks.
No thought from anyone? We should share ideas on this forum to help us all get better
I certainly hope that you encouraged each of those twenty-three Bladers to sign up on the BeyMap to get updates as soon as there is another tournament coming up; that way, you would have more chances of getting the twenty-three participants again.

It is great that everything worked without any issues. Was the special format for the finals considered too long by everyone, or was it just enough to build the hype ? Also, were the technical requirements (film, show the combinations, etc.) too much trouble ? You had Stars do it, but could a host have done it on his or her own ?

I do agree that, especially if you have won in one state already, do not necessarily go waste people's time in another state, because you cannot win two trips to Toronto ... However, there is a part of your arguement that I disagree with : are you not disadvantaged as soon as you leave the community in which you always Beyblade ? There will be new Bladers, and unlike those in your usual community, you cannot easily predict what they will use after a while.
DOH! Well, to be honest, I failed to mention the Beyblade map but I did have WBO cards that I gave out to everyone. As far as the finals format, I think everyone like it! For Richmond, it really worked out for the best as it went down to the wire. I explained how it was going to work at the beginning of the tournament, and went over it again before we started the final. Regarding the filming etc. It was a definate advantage having someone else film. Pictures beforehand weren't an issue but I think it's a smart idea to find a volenteer to film. Quite a bit going on for the host. I could have done it but I'd rather work smarter not harder.

Lastly, My comments on numerous events are based on a law of averages. An experienced blader thay may travel, can see what is the flavor of the month is and would be able to adjust to another event quickly enough. The bigger part of my comment was on having each region be represented. For those that don't have qualifiers in their areas, they can go where ever they chose and still represent. I do agree with you however that each area has a different play style and a traveling player would have to work harder to compete. Good conversation!
This was Stars input here.
Since I'm no longer have the "bold" to my name...

Thw tournament turned out great. But there's few things others needs to keep in mind one is what im seeing is a couple of bladers tends to put there hand on the table pushing or leaning which they're [b]NOT[b]supposed to do which could interfere other matches on the same table. I made this mistake 2 years ago that someone beyblade fell off the table and I put my hand on the table ans fell and their were were a match going on and i was 75% nearly got Disqualified for the whole tournament.

On the production note, It a good idea to have a trustworthy volunteer to flim/photography and send it out as soon as possible when the tournament is over.

I hope other host who's taking pictures should grab index cards write down the username for verification purpose then assuming each blader username. And be inaccurate.

Kai-V I took that job so it wouldn't be such a burden to Pruebame and there's like 3 host in different states so why not cooperate with the host to make things easier?
Ah, I fixed Stars' usergroup. It is a bug that happens whenever someone signs up for a Blader Passport online : their primary usergroup becomes "Blader Passport Holder", no matter what they had before.
(Apr. 15, 2013  3:22 PM)Pruebame Wrote: My suggestion would be that on special events like this one, Each blader should be able to enter only One Event. Case in point is that as I live in Richmond, I have access to either the MAryland, Richmond, or N.C. communities. This gives me an unfair advantage over other bladers to win a free trip of this magnatude. With that in play, I would more then likely stay local and that would help the odds of each region be represented by a resident of that community. Not always the case but would help it. This gives each community someone they can root for as well. Regional pride will kick in and it may help every area.

I understand what you're saying here, but I also think it is a positive sign to see dedicated Bladers traveling to new communities. They are more than likely going to be strong Bladers due to this dedication, and they may have lost narrowly in the first qualifier they competed in, or just had a bad day. I don't think it would be fair to limit someone to one qualifier just because we want each region to be represented. I think it is more important to encourage Bladers to travel to new communities and meet new friends, and to bring in the absolute best Bladers across North America to Toronto–regardless of where they are from–rather than limiting each qualifier artificially so that we have a representative from each area.
Well said about meeting new people and friends. Thats how I met Dark.