Restricted Format

i suggest banning zombies for plastics mainly cause no matter wat combo i make it can nevr beet a zombie. its like they're unbeatable unless u knock them out of the stadium which doesnt happen to often.
(Aug. 27, 2008  7:10 PM)Sasch Wrote: I really really like this restricted format idea. But it's only cool if you still do both, unlimited AND restricted tournaments. Or is the plan to ban these parts completely?

If this was implemented into the IBA, it wouldn't be mandatory. It's just another option for tournament organizers.
(Aug. 27, 2008  7:15 PM)rockblade2012 Wrote: i suggest banning zombies for plastics mainly cause no matter wat combo i make it can nevr beet a zombie. its like they're unbeatable unless u knock them out of the stadium which doesnt happen to often.

I think there are zombie-killers... I might be wrong though.
(Aug. 27, 2008  7:15 PM)rockblade2012 Wrote: i suggest banning zombies for plastics mainly cause no matter wat combo i make it can nevr beet a zombie. its like they're unbeatable unless u knock them out of the stadium which doesnt happen to often.

This would be a really dumb thing to do, I'm sorry. That's like saying "ban [insert beyblade here] because it's good!" Like ChozenBlader said, there are Zombie Killers.
A lot of Zombie parts would probably be banned. I would expect to see Wide Survivor and Wide Defense banned.
I don't think individual parts to build a zombie should be banned, but instead them being used in combination with each other should. Wide Survivor and Defense have more uses than just zombies
(Aug. 28, 2008  12:06 AM)Evan Wrote: I don't think individual parts to build a zombie should be banned, but instead them being used in combination with each other should. Wide Survivor and Defense have more uses than just zombies

And pretty much all of their uses are very strong. They're arguably the two best WDs by a large margin.
(Aug. 28, 2008  12:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2008  12:06 AM)Evan Wrote: I don't think individual parts to build a zombie should be banned, but instead them being used in combination with each other should. Wide Survivor and Defense have more uses than just zombies

And pretty much all of their uses are very strong. They're arguably the two best WDs by a large margin.

Yes, but they aren't unbeatable. During my battle with Anubis I beat both his defense combo with a Wide Defense, and his zombie using a Wide Survivor using regular weight disks.

EDITED...oops lol got them mixed up
Who ever made the statement that a part had to be "unbeatable" to get into the ban list? Nothing is unbeatable. However, incredibly strong and overused parts are likely to be banned.

Also, Wide Survivor is terrible for a Defense combo, and Wide Defense is terrible for a Survival combo. Confused
Does this mean that Tiger Defenser is likely to be banned? It does seem like one of the most overused ARs in the game.
It's definitely a possibility.
Well poo thats one of my favorite AR's.
(Aug. 29, 2008  2:23 AM)Gruffy McGibber Wrote: Well poo thats one of my favorite AR's.

It's one of a lot of peoples favourite AR's!
Meh, I'm fine with my alternate AR. Turtle Survivor works just as well, but is underused. A lot of people have been sitting on a gold mine, so to speak.
You know what as long as there is fair notice I don't really mind what is banned.
I like this idea since it does open up possibilities to under used parts, and even some parts considered to be worthless Smile
(Aug. 29, 2008  8:22 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Meh, I'm fine with my alternate AR. Turtle Survivor works just as well, but is underused. A lot of people have been sitting on a gold mine, so to speak.

Im guessing alot of people will be using that more often. Honestly it works just as well as Tiger Defenser, I just like the look of TD.
I hope I've helped to spark a new Turtle Survivor craze Grin
But... at the same time, if it becomes overused, it could end up on the restricted list too
(Aug. 29, 2008  2:31 PM)Shadow Wrote: I like this idea since it does open up possibilities to under used parts, and even some parts considered to be worthless Smile

Like Metal Upper! I love that AR, it really rules with the Circle Heavy and the Metal Change Core.

And yes, Brad (and anyone else who believes Metal Upper is useless), if I did enter a tournament, I would use it seriously.
(Aug. 29, 2008  11:15 PM)Grey Wrote: Like Metal Upper! I love that AR

You seem to just love upper attackersJoyful_3
(Aug. 30, 2008  7:05 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2008  11:15 PM)Grey Wrote: Like Metal Upper! I love that AR

You seem to just love upper attackersJoyful_3

Pretty much.
But, since I loved Driger Beyblades as a young'un, and I love Upper Attackers, Metal Upper kind of wins.

Although I must say I was debating between ditching Upper as my favorite attack style when I started using my Smash Attack combo, Smash can be really fun.

So can defense, now that I've gotten a Leo Wheel. O.o

But um, anyway, OT:
It's possible that War Lion will be banned as well, right?
(Aug. 30, 2008  3:10 PM)Grey Wrote: But um, anyway, OT:
It's possible that War Lion will be banned as well, right?

I think that is a distinct possibility, it is basically one of the best options for Defense, Survival, and Compact combos.
TBH I'm more concerned about HMS right now than plastic. The plastic game isn't nearly as broken.
Well I think this is a great idea.
Bumping this back up. Want to get back to work on it.

Let's finalize HMS so we can move on. Rather than base it on stadium, I've decided to go for a blanket list.

AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper
RC: Bearing Core, Grip Flat Core, Grip Flat Core UM

Anything else?