Restricted Format

(Feb. 06, 2009  3:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:32 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:05 AM)Evan Wrote: Brad, why would we ban Bearing Base? It has one use, right spin spin stealing. Ok? Not hard to counter at all. Any right spin attacker will get the job done. On top of that, it is a very hard part to find.

Because it will be the only useable part for Survival combos.

So, we're banning all Survival combos then? That is ridiculous, limiting the game to just attack and defense.

No, we're expanding the choices for Survival combos to multiple metal and plastic sharp tips as opposed to one Bearing Base.

I'm still not sure on Bearing Base, since it can only go right. It really limits it's use.
(Feb. 06, 2009  4:11 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:32 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  3:05 AM)Evan Wrote: Brad, why would we ban Bearing Base? It has one use, right spin spin stealing. Ok? Not hard to counter at all. Any right spin attacker will get the job done. On top of that, it is a very hard part to find.

Because it will be the only useable part for Survival combos.

So, we're banning all Survival combos then? That is ridiculous, limiting the game to just attack and defense.

No, we're expanding the choices for Survival combos to multiple metal and plastic sharp tips as opposed to one Bearing Base.

I'm still not sure on Bearing Base, since it can only go right. It really limits it's use.
It would become gamebreaking, which is what we are trying to stop, so no, it should be restricted.
I don't think we should leave any free-spin shafts unbanned.
Forcing people to work with other parts would be ideal.

Sure, Bearing Base can only go right, but that doesn't really matter. It would still become the main part used.

Also, what are thoughts on Reinforced Wing cross by itself? Combined with 10 Balance + Semiflat base, it is of course REALLY powerful, but on its own, is it considered powerful enough to warrant a ban?
In my opinion wing cross should be banned. It would end up being overused and the only thing being used would be 10b bistool when there are plenty of other options that are just as good. Wing cross is too game breaking and i would know since i have one
If we ban Wide Survivor and Wide Defense zombie combos can't exist, therefore I don't think there is a need to ban free spinning shafts. I also don't think Grip Base should be banned. What we aren't trying to ban common parts. We're trying to ban parts that make the game become broken. If we simply ban Wide Defense and Wide Survivor it takes the game back to a Attack>Survival>Defense>Attack system.
(Feb. 06, 2009  6:51 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: If we ban Wide Survivor and Wide Defense zombie combos can't exist, therefore I don't think there is a need to ban free spinning shafts. I also don't think Grip Base should be banned. What we aren't trying to ban common parts. We're trying to ban parts that make the game become broken. If we simply ban Wide Defense and Wide Survivor it takes the game back to a Attack>Survival>Defense>Attack system.

Spin stealer's will still roam free though
(Feb. 06, 2009  7:03 PM)Giga Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2009  6:51 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: If we ban Wide Survivor and Wide Defense zombie combos can't exist, therefore I don't think there is a need to ban free spinning shafts. I also don't think Grip Base should be banned. What we aren't trying to ban common parts. We're trying to ban parts that make the game become broken. If we simply ban Wide Defense and Wide Survivor it takes the game back to a Attack>Survival>Defense>Attack system.

Spin stealer's will still roam free though

Any beyblade will steal some spin if spinning in the opposite spin direction of the opposing beyblade.
Not necessarily, unless your logic is that both Beyblades are stealing spin constantly? The only way to steal spin is to have a free-spinning shaft.
My point is that the point of a restricted format si to eliminate the parts that make the game broken. The only thing that makes the plastic metagame broken is zombies. If you ban Wide Survivor and Wide Defense there can't be any more zombies. This limits the number of parts that have to be banned to two. I really don't think banning free spinning shafts is a good idea. I think it'd actually break the game. Its like banning survival types.
(Feb. 10, 2009  2:26 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: My point is that the point of a restricted format si to eliminate the parts that make the game broken. The only thing that makes the plastic metagame broken is zombies. If you ban Wide Survivor and Wide Defense there can't be any more zombies. This limits the number of parts that have to be banned to two. I really don't think banning free spinning shafts is a good idea. I think it'd actually break the game. Its like banning survival types.

If you replace Wide Survivor with Ten Wide, they will still be game-breakingly strong.
And Spark Disks. And Gyros AR

*Brad*
Can you go check out my Magnetic article in the Beywiki section, I would like your opinions.
(Feb. 10, 2009  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2009  2:26 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: My point is that the point of a restricted format si to eliminate the parts that make the game broken. The only thing that makes the plastic metagame broken is zombies. If you ban Wide Survivor and Wide Defense there can't be any more zombies. This limits the number of parts that have to be banned to two. I really don't think banning free spinning shafts is a good idea. I think it'd actually break the game. Its like banning survival types.

If you replace Wide Survivor with Ten Wide, they will still be game-breakingly strong.

I don't think I agree with this.
(Feb. 11, 2009  12:47 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2009  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I don't think I agree with this.

I would respectfully disagree!
I'm with Brad. You can still spin steal and still have some life after death with a 10-Wide, but it's just not as advantageous as with a Wide Survivor/Defense. This doesn't mean it wouldn't be effective still however.
(Feb. 10, 2009  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you replace Wide Survivor with Ten Wide, they will still be game-breakingly strong.

Agreeing with this.

Replace Wide Survivor with Ten Wide on your Zombies, and put it against something a zombie normally slaughters, and you'll still probably get similar results.
If bearing tuning was not banned under the WBO Rules, I would be inclined to agree with Brad, G, and Synesthesia, but because it is I am on Cye's side.

Like Cye said, without bearing tuning Zombie's can't technically exist, and to ban free-spinning shaft based bases either way would essentially be the same as banning Survival types. Without bearing tuning and Wide Survivor/Defense, power of the Survival type will go down far enough to become fair and Zombies will cease to exist, thus making the game no longer broken.
I disagree. I believe that 10 wide will work well enough on zombie's/spin stealers to still have it be broken, especially when you use wider SP's, which will make it so that 10 wide has little contact with anything anyway.
BTW, maybe we could do something like ban them to all right spin only or something, IDK. Both sides bring upgood arguements, we need to compromise somehow.
Perhaps if none of us can agree on something, testing on the varying performances of "Zombies" (both tuned and not tuned) with Wide Survivor/Defense and Ten Wide should be done.
This will probably be what has to happen and is a good idea, IMO.
I'll do it if you come up with some control combos to test it against.
(Feb. 11, 2009  4:52 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'll do it if you come up with some control combos to test it against.

Control combos..?
Meaning, combos to test versus the Zombie and the 10-Wide Pseudo-Zombie
Just thinking, what about Spiral Change Base? That can fit a Bearing SG are we keeping that?
I think that is okay to keep. You dont have to be subject to using the bearing mode. It can be kept in attack mode for survival and life after death purposes