[Report] (Pune, India) The Bey Empire 4

The event was originally scheduled at 11:00 am. I waited till 12:00 but no one showed up. I was certain that the event was heading towards cancellation so I waited for shubham123, who was going to come by 12:30. I informed him that the event was cancelled but he did not want to go back without a tournament. So, he came up with an idea. Since, the entry for the event was waived, he said that he would persuade his friends to participate in the event. I asked him to return after lunch and let me know how many of them were ready to participate. At around 4:30, he was back again, with 2 of his friends and he said that some more would be coming by 5:30. Finally, we had the required 8 participants. And so, the event began when it was around 5:20 in the evening.

During the event, shubham123 told his friends about how I got a beyblade after redeeming my credits and that he needed only a few more to be able to claim a physical prize himself. Hearing this, all of his friends became quite excited and asked me to host another event as soon as possible. I told them about waived entry this week, the actual entry fee and how the WBO works. Some of them seemed a little suspicious when I showed them the stuff I received from the WBO and thought that I had purchased it myself. Also, most of them said that the entry fee was too high(TBH, it is a little high, due to the conversion rates) and that they won't be able to convince their parents to pay the required amount. However, I'm sure that if even one of them gets a physical prize, that would be enough of a 'proof' for the others as well to show that the WBO fees are worth the money you pay. And since all of them live in my society, we could become an active community. However, the process would take quite sometime since the number of events with a waived entry fee are quite less. Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to be greedy and to host too many events within this one given week, just to get more credits. Therefore, it would take a lot of time until one of them has enough credits to get a physical prize. However, I am sure that we would have an active community here quite soon.

One of the problems I faced during the event was that almost none of the participants had a proper Beyblade. Almost all of them had either broken or discarded their old beys and never cared to buy one after the popularity of Beyblade declined in India. So, I gave everyone a 4D combo and a launcher and we began the event, 6 hours late, in a dimly-lit part of the society's building(because most of us wanted to avoid public contact as playing Beyblade seemed a little awkward). Anyway, the event proceeded quite smoothly thanks to everyone's co-operation and we were able to finish it by 7:00 pm. The event would have surely been cancelled if it hadn't been for shubham123. I don't know if there is a face for saving a tournament, but if there is, shubham123 really deserves it for saving today's event.
Sounds good. I hope you had a great time. Keep up the work for more Indian tournaments. Wink
Looks like you had a hard time doing it, N0body. Did you ask the other participants why they could not come? Yeah and shubham123 has done a great job by bringing his friends although it was late!! Smile
(Dec. 15, 2013  4:41 AM)Nemo Wrote: Looks like you had a hard time doing it, N0body. Did you ask the other participants why they could not come? Yeah and shubham123 has done a great job by bringing his friends although it was late!! Smile
No, it was quite easy to manage the participants so I didn't have a hard time during the tourney.
Four of them failed to show up. I haven't been able to get in touch with pratham13 since Saturday morning. ShivamBeyMaster and his brother couldn't come due to some family reasons. And vibzy19 had a seminar to attend which is why he didn't show up for the event either.
Yes, he surely did a great job. He also helped me with judging and stuff.
It sound like the hard part was gathering the participants, but it is very nice that you managed it and got a slightly bumpy tournament running. Once again N0body hosts a tourney lol.
(Dec. 15, 2013  3:36 PM)Justaway Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2013  4:41 AM)Nemo Wrote: Looks like you had a hard time doing it, N0body. Did you ask the other participants why they could not come? Yeah and shubham123 has done a great job by bringing his friends although it was late!! Smile
No, it was quite easy to manage the participants so I didn't have a hard time during the tourney.
Four of them failed to show up. I haven't been able to get in touch with pratham13 since Saturday morning. ShivamBeyMaster and his brother couldn't come due to some family reasons. And vibzy19 had a seminar to attend which is why he didn't show up for the event either.
Yes, he surely did a great job. He also helped me with judging and stuff.

At least three of those people should have definitely contacted you before the tournament's starting time to notify you that they could not come. This is just being polite ...

What about the rest of the confirmed participants ?
Yeah, that's true.
Well, here's what happened:
Confirmed participants:
N0body/Justaway - I was there
ShivamBeyMaster - Could not attend due to family reasons
vibzy19 - College seminar
pune006 - ShivamBeyMaster's brother, same reason as him
shubham123 - He came
kushagra - He had extra classes after school that day and he informed me about them in the morning. If it wouldn't have been for the extra classes, he was going to arrive by 12:30.
samkul238 - My sister was there
pratham13 - Still unable to reach him
Well that sure is a unlucky turn of events!