[Report] Naijalak's Early 33rd "BeyDay" Celebration

We had a great tournament overall yesterday, even if turnout was small.

The day started off not looking so well. By the time the tournament was supposed to start we only had 6 players. I started to explain to everyone that while we could still play, it wouldn't be an official WBO tournament. Then daddybey, charliebey's dad, and kami, jch's babysitter, decided to register and play so we could have 8!

The tournament was very laid back, with everyone swapping tips, combo suggestions, and even some parts. We wrapped everything up in an hour in a half doing a full round robin, and saw charliebey place 1st, daddybey 2nd, and akalajian 3rd. New blader kami did exceptionally well considering her last minute participation.

In the end we got to keep the tournament in an offical status, got 3 new registrations, and have 2 new players that have stated their intention to return and compete. I even got a chance to go up against daddybey, a dad who's been with CT tournaments since the beginning as an observer Smile

One great sidenote comes from a battle that I judged between daddybey and kami. Here's 3 adults in the room crowded around a Zero-G attack stadium while every kid in the room is off somewhere else participating in free play. I wish someone had snagged a picture Smile
Sorry for the small turnout, but it sounds like everyone had a great time! Congrats on the three new Bladers!
I'm guessing the fact that it's Memorial Day weekend in the States that had to do with the small turnout. Lots of people out of town, attending BBQs and stuff.
Was the cake indeed a lie?
(May. 26, 2014  2:30 PM)Naijalak Wrote: I'm guessing the fact that it's Memorial Day weekend in the States that had to do with the small turnout. Lots of people out of town, attending BBQs and stuff.

I would have gone with Bullchamp, but I spent my morning flying back, haha.

Xtracorruption said he was really busy at the last minute, assuming why he didn't make it.
It is odd considering you had a lot of people at the qualifier, but I suppose that, if you advertised it in similar ways again, it was indeed probably because of Memorial Day. Too bad ...
I remember a similar thing happened when a TRU event was on Labor Day weekend about two years ago; compared to the usual 20+ crowd was reduced to me and another family.