[Report] GBT2: Connecticut Qualifier

This may go down as one of the best tournaments I've hosted yet. We had great attendance (21 people), I sold 4 new passports, the blocks went smoothly, and we even had people bring food for everyone to eat!

We ended up with 4 blocks. 1 with 6 people, and 3 with 5. All of the blocks were well matched, and all were really close. 2 of them ended up having tie breakers. The top 4 from the blocks were Leone19, charliebey, i break yo bey, and Xtracorruption. Charliebey was knocked out of finals for having the least amount of wins between the 4.

The battle to choose 3rd place was intense, but not as intense as the final 3 battles between Leone19 and i break yo bey. It all came down to one battle, and Leone19 won the trip to Toronto 8-7 against i break yo bey.

We saw a lot of Earth, Lightning, and Meteo. Some interesting wins came from rockdragon, who won some battles both with a stock Poison Serpent, and stock Thief Zirago. The battles he won with Zirago were all stadium outs.

In the end, everyone had a great time. There were no sore losers, a lot of new faces, and some grueling battles.

I should mention that Hasbro was very good to us, providing me with 2 Octogon Battle sets, 8 BeyWarriorz, and 2 BeyRaiderz. Some of these were prizes for the tournament. Others were given away at random to the tournament participants.
(Apr. 28, 2014  2:06 PM)Naijalak Wrote: I should mention that Hasbro was very good to us, providing me with 2 Octogon Battle sets, 8 BeyWarriorz, and 2 BeyRaiderz. Some of these were prizes for the tournament. Others were given away at random to the tournament participants.

Damn, that is indeed a lot, very generous. Did they know it was for a qualifier tournament ?
Actually, it was before we were a qualifier. They did know it was our year anniversary, though. I had originally asked for promo materials, like banners, etc...

They didn't have any, so sent all this stuff instead.
It was a great tournament. For only the second time doing Block (not including our Berlin Zero-G portion of Episode I), it went by really smoothly and nicely. The added giveaways in between rounds was a nice treat, too.

I was happy I could help judge, as well as compete. Personally, I really enjoyed seeing some of the unusual combinations do well; a Rock Cancer 230 B made it to the tie-breaker for the finals, haha.

I believe it was Rockdragon who used a stock Poison Serpent- a true Limited Format V2 player.

Again, props to Naijalak for having another great event and hopes for years of more.
>Stock poison serpent and winning

Mad skill.

Hasbro is defintely very generous with the prizes. It might have been you Leone19 that said you didn't want to post your combos but you should PM me what the final two combos were between you and i break yo bey. You don't have have to tell who used which, I'm just curious Tongue_out.

Meteo gets a lot of use in CT it seems. I'm guessing on F230GCF/CF especially. Any Scythe/Omega at all?
(Apr. 28, 2014  10:32 PM)Tri Wrote: >Stock poison serpent and winning

Mad skill.

Hasbro is defintely very generous with the prizes. It might have been you Leone19 that said you didn't want to post your combos but you should PM me what the final two combos were between you and i break yo bey. You don't have have to tell who used which, I'm just curious Tongue_out.

Meteo gets a lot of use in CT it seems. I'm guessing on F230GCF/CF especially. Any Scythe/Omega at all?

Two Scythe uses; one was stock. I had Omega ready to go, but didn't use it.

Meteo is actually used mostly on Stamina (WD/EWD) setups.
Meteo on EWD/WD is mostly spin equalization rather than defense, just an fyi.

Stock Scythe = best Scythe obviously XD.
(Apr. 28, 2014  10:43 PM)Tri Wrote: Meteo on EWD/WD is mostly spin equalization rather than defense, just an fyi.

Stock Scythe = best Scythe obviously XD.

That's why I said Stamina. Tongue_out

But yeah, the stock Scythe actually didn't do too badly, until his EDS went aggressive. Tongue_out
It sure went better then ours. Congrats on the amazing attendance and tournament.